• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

That IPFW Indiana poll is ass. Clinton +15 and Cruz +16? lolno

Meanwhile at IPFW headquarters:

d6a1143f571184db25f94613edd43b40af6d3a629221aba00d9efdcfef5efd84.jpg

ivysaur12

Banned
So let's say Trump wanted to pick a female VP (on mobile so this is on the top of my head). His options are:

Martinez
Fallin
Haley

Fischer
Ernst
Moore Capito
Collins
Ayotte
Murkowski

You could then go to the House, but the only member of the House leadership team that's a woman is Morris Rogers. The only Republican woman who is a committee chair is retiring for a county job.

Martinez and Haley have already said no, Martinez more emphatically. No way Collins, Ayotte, or Murkowski join the ticket. Moore Capito has publicly stated how worried she is about Trump at the top of the ticket for downballot races.

That leaves... not many options.

So let's say Trump wanted to pick a female VP (on mobile so this is on the top of my head). His options are:

Martinez
Fallin
Haley

Fischer
Ernst
Moore Capito
Collins
Ayotte
Murkowski

You could think go to the House, but the only member of the House leadership team that's a woman is Morris Rogers. The only Republican woman who is a committee chair is retiring for a county job.

Martinez and Haley have already said no, Martinez more emphatically. No way Collins, Ayotte, or Murkowski join the ticket. Moore Capito has publicly stated how worried she is about Trump at the top of the ticket for downballot races.

Jan Brewer is the female Donald Trump though.

Hmm... Mia Love as Trump's VP would be interesting.

ivysaur12

Banned
Jan Brewer is the female Donald Trump though.

Hmm... Mia Love as Trump's VP would be interesting.

Yeah I was thinking in office. Love is gonna be in a tight race though, so I feel like that might not be their best get. It is interesting. Probably his only interesting option if he really wants a woman on the ticket.

ivysaur12

Banned
Trump has also repeatedly stated he wanted someone with legislative experience, so I actually think he might go for a governor.

I hope it's Christie.

Just like the flip side, Bernie supporters voting Trump, this number will go down. Although I kind of feel like it won't go down as much as the Bernie or Bust number, considering Trump is so divisive, while I don't really think Hillary is.

I don't think it'll even be close. My dad is a Republican, voted Reagan twice, Bush, Dole, W twice but he voted Obama in 2008. He's gone on record as saying the only way he would ever vote for Hillary is if she was against Trump. Well.....

He still lives in a Cold War mindset and doesn't trust Trump to be anywhere near the nuclear codes or the military.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think it'll even be close. My dad is a Republican, voted Reagan twice, Bush, Dole, W twice but he voted Obama in 2008. He's gone on record as saying the only way he would ever vote for Hillary is if she was against Trump. Well.....

He still lives in a cold war mindset and doesn't trust Trump to be anywhere near the nuclear codes or the military.

You don't need a cold war mindset to not want Trump anywhere near the nuke codes or the military. From the sound of it your dad may be a centrist republican who got left behind by the party when they ran to the right.

HylianTom

Banned
Anyone else think Huntsman could move the needle for Trump a bit more than Pence could for Cruz?

I mean.. Huntsman. Wow.

And someone was discussing the lessons schoolchildren would learn from this cycle, and it made me realize: they're going to have GameChange-like movies for each cycle to watch in class for each cycle. I'm jealous.

Anyone else think Huntsman could move the needle for Trump a bit more than Pence could for Cruz?

I mean.. Huntsman. Wow.

And someone was discussing the lessons schoolchildren would learn from this cycle, and it made me realize: they're going to have GameChange-like movies for each cycle to watch in class for each cycle. I'm jealous

So they'll get a fictionalized, highly biased, lacking primary source understanding of history.

They're screwed

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't love a first term representativ? If she is on Trump's ticket, then Clinton can absolutely put Castro on hers considering he has years more experience than Love.
There isn't a rule against putting him on the ticket. It just remains a bad idea. A bit of a wet noodle he is :p

Martinez
Fallin
Haley

Fischer
Ernst
Moore Capito
Collins
Ayotte
Murkowski

You could then go to the House, but the only member of the House leadership team that's a woman is Morris Rogers. The only Republican woman who is a committee chair is retiring for a county job.

sarah_palin4-620x412.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom