• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this was an... Interesting exchange between cruz and a trump supporter (starts at around 1:50)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tOLb0p7Eu_Y

I love how Cruz said he's gonna carpet bomb ISIS instead of women and children, I'd imagine a LOT of women and children will get caught in the crossfire of carpet bombing...

cruz sounds like an ultra noob, but I atleast like his points about coming over to talk to them. Even though that is his angle... but not a horrible one but it ain't going to help him.

Google donald punch thing was sort of silly though. I actually think donalds approach is more smart even though its not as heart felt and cruz's idea to tackle them straight on calmly is something we should all do but it isn't what people like to see nor trump supporters.

The fact that "America First" has become the GOP's foreign policy slogan is just really interesting. "America First" is a Nazi term, but Trump has no understanding of history so he obviously doesn't know it's a Nazi term. However, Cruz was the first person to introduce the "America First" foreign policy slogan and I'm sure he does know about the Nazi history of that phrase. I wonder if Cruz dropped "America First" as a super subtle dog whistle to try to get Trump's Nazi supporters.

Gotta admit, I didn't think they'd pull this card, though I always knew they had it.

The fallout should be interesting.

By "interesting" you mean "close to non existent and forgotten by all but the most rabid of anti-Hillary supporters in <a week"

When has anything ever stuck to Hillary? Especially something "minor" like this where everyone can just point and say "the money went to the DNC, not Hillary, it's not money laundering"

Iolo

Clinton did the kicking and screaming in 08. Let Bernie whine. It'll be over in 5 weeks.

I chided Clinton (and the media) in 2008 for refusing to recognize the inevitable, and I will chide Sanders for doing the same in 2016, thank you very much.

After a meta-analysis with n=186,000 showing spanking to be ineffective as a teaching method, can we really stop it? It's just creepy that assault (which hitting someone's ass against their consent would be called in every other situation) because it gives the parents satisfaction....

Does Trump even have a path if Florida is out of the equation?

No. Even with Virginia and NM/NV/CO he still loses (and he won't win any of those if he loses Florida). Losing Florida requires him to pick-up PA and/or several mid-western states.

If Hillary is ahead enough in Florida that its not in question, her electoral floor is probably 308.

The idea of Florida being called relatively early in the evening on Election Night is tantalizing..

Imagine Virginia and Florida being called right as the polls close.

AyqWfL9.gif

By "interesting" you mean "close to non existent and forgotten by all but the most rabid of anti-Hillary supporters in <a week"

When has anything ever stuck to Hillary? Especially something "minor" like this where everyone can just point and say "the money went to the DNC, not Hillary, it's not money laundering"

"Bernies approval rating among Democrats tanks."

I never said it would work in Bernie's favor :)

HylianTom

Banned
Imagine Virginia and Florida being called right as the polls close.

AyqWfL9.gif
At that point, I'd want cameras following Reince, Hannity, and maybe Paul Ryan. With those called so soon, we'd know that the Senate was done, and we'd be focused on the House. The GOPocalypse scenario would be suddenly on the table.

And it's strange to see so many "lefties" suddenly regurgitating half-baked FreeRepublic talking points. Sad.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If this is true, Cruz and Trump are fucked foreign policy wise against Hillary:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214085

Hard to say you're against "radical Islamic terrorism" when you support Assad who supports ISIS.

If that's true I can't help but think Clinton must have known when she talked about getting rid of Assad during the a previous debate. Hell, Obama probably knew this all along as well. It certainly puts his administration's stance on Syria in a new light.

If this is true, Cruz and Trump are fucked foreign policy wise against Hillary:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214085

Hard to say you're against "radical Islamic terrorism" when you support Assad who supports ISIS.
Wow. I didn't know a post could be over 100% wrong.

First off, neither Cruz nor Trump "support" Assad. They are disinterested in nation building. That is it. Support implies material, not just casual approval!

Second, even if they did support Assad, they're not implicitly supporting ISIS because deal making is not support either! Assad is at war with ISIS. War sometimes comes with strategic deals. Obviously if Assad had the chance, he would wipe out IS in a second. Clearly he can't. And when his country is falling apart, why not make deals to get supplies?

Third, this is not going to change anyone's mind. Benghazi is still worse than this. So is flat out training ISIS in Syria (State dept. and CIA programs).

Fourth, this is recent knowledge. Cruz didn't know this before. Why should it haunt him now?

His polls-plus model factors in endorsements, so I guess Pence moved the needle a little. That should be corrected once new polls come out showing it really had no effect.

I can't believe Nate is still doing polls-plus. The model should have been quietly taken out back and shot months ago.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Wow. I didn't know a post could be over 100% wrong.

First off, neither Cruz nor Trump "support" Assad. They are disinterested in nation building. That is it. Support implies material, not just casual approval!

Second, even if they did support Assad, they're not implicitly supporting ISIS because deal making is not support either! Assad is at war with ISIS. War sometimes comes with strategic deals. Obviously if Assad had the chance, he would wipe out IS in a second. Clearly he can't. And when his country is falling apart, why not make deals to get supplies?

Third, this is not going to change anyone's mind. Benghazi is still worse than this. So is flat out training ISIS in Syria (State dept. and CIA programs).

Fourth, this is recent knowledge. Cruz didn't know this before. Why should it haunt him now?

Lmfao

Fuchsdh

Because she would have no idea about his double life. It's not like serial killers are open with their spouses about this kind of stuff.

Was a great article a while back written by the daughter of the BTK killer touching on that. In practical terms though politics is a pretty great way of weeding out any stuff you could hide in a "normal" life.

Feel like the whole Zodiac killer bit is a joke gone too far though. Can't really complain about the chicanery that Republicans pull with pointless attacks and then get too involved in spreading the Zodiac killer nonsense.

hahahaha Cruz trying to reason with Trump supporters using his Senator talk

hahahaha

''where is your Goldman Sach jacket at? your wife works there''

Maxim726X

Please proceed, Bernie. This is certainly the way to earn influence over the party platform. This man is such a petulant baby.

I really don't get it.

Maybe he doesn't care about his career anymore. Time to retire anyway.

Was hoping he'd actually stick to his platform and not needlessly engage in attacks against the nominee... Appears to have been misguided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom