• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
hahahaha Cruz trying to reason with Trump supporters using his Senator talk

hahahaha

''where is your Goldman Sach jacket at? your wife works there''

Lmao they go on for a couple of minutes, and the guy basically just closes with "whatever, we just don't like you fuck off"

As I keep seeing Bobby Knight with Donald Trump, I'm more angry that Knight is wearing IU colors. You won't even attend a 40 year celebration of the 1976 perfect season, you hate IU so much, but you'll use the colors to stump for Trump?

Fuck you Bobby Knight. That's bullshit.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/letters/2016/04/26/hillary-clinton-flint-weaver/83516932/

Mayor Karen Weaver said:
Hillary Clinton’s immediate response to the crisis wasn’t campaigning — instead, she called me to ask a simple question, “What can I do to help?”
And she followed through. She set up meetings with locals and took the time to explore workable solutions. Her senior campaign advisers have remained in constant communication with my office and have helped me establish Flint WaterWorks. [...] Clinton’s help was essential in establishing the necessary partnerships and funding to make the Flint WaterWorks a reality.

And she has promised to make sure that this never happens again in another community in America. Just last week, Clinton released a detailed plan to fight for environmental justice, built off of her thorough understanding of Flint’s challenges and long record on these issues. Her plan would eliminate lead as a major public health threat and modernize drinking systems nationwide.
What did Bernie ever do for Flint? Does Bernie even know how to get things done in Flint?

Wow. I didn't know a post could be over 100% wrong.

First off, neither Cruz nor Trump "support" Assad. They are disinterested in nation building. That is it. Support implies material, not just casual approval!

Second, even if they did support Assad, they're not implicitly supporting ISIS because deal making is not support either! Assad is at war with ISIS. War sometimes comes with strategic deals. Obviously if Assad had the chance, he would wipe out IS in a second. Clearly he can't. And when his country is falling apart, why not make deals to get supplies?

Third, this is not going to change anyone's mind. Benghazi is still worse than this. So is flat out training ISIS in Syria (State dept. and CIA programs).

Fourth, this is recent knowledge. Cruz didn't know this before. Why should it haunt him now?

Me either.

Republicans are in a bind with having vocal support for Trump. They can support him on principle, but not campaign for him . The Democrats would still tie them to Trump like what the video showed or they can distance from him, but that would cause some supporters to be upset and create a lack of confidence to the party, I think.

I see rasmussen is out with the troll polls. The pollster which pushes undecideds the most of anyone else is releasing GE polls with 20 percent of people undecided?

Hey guys see Fiorina's career in this GIF

Cks9Luw.jpg

“There is a joke going around the Internet that Ted Cruz is actually the Zodiac Killer,” Wilmore said, later adding, “Recently, Ted Cruz got a string of wins and endorsements. Then everybody remembered who Ted Cruz is — the Zodiac Killer.”

Referencing a meme is not a joke ;_;

teiresias

What did he do today!?

Just accuse the Clinton campaign of money-laundering.

Sanders Press Release: "Politico Exposes Clinton Campaign ‘Money-Laundering’ Scheme"

https://berniesanders.com/press-release/politico-exposes-clinton-campaign-money-laundering-scheme/

BURLINGTON, Vt. – U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders’ campaign manager, Jeff Weaver, on Monday criticized a Hillary Clinton campaign fundraising scheme that state party leaders told Politico has been used as a self-serving “money-laundering” conduit.

Despite Clinton’s pledges to rebuild state parties, Politico found that less than 1 percent of the $61 million raised by the Victory Fund has stayed in the state parties’ coffers.

“Secretary Clinton is looting funds meant for the state parties to skirt fundraising limits on her presidential campaign,” Weaver said. “We think the Clinton campaign should let the state parties keep their fair share of the cash.”

Fuck off Bernie. Fuck off Jeff

Cruz: "We are not a bigoted, angry people."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...inst-trump-we-are-not-a-bigoted-angry-people/

Omg, lmao. Get fucked, asshole!

I wanna see him cry.

Asked if he had a path to the Republican nomination without Indiana, Cruz said "absolutely," and suggested that the campaign was still in a position to surge back and win.

lol

I'd like to hear what his path is that doesn't involve undermining the will of GOP voters.

Havoc2049

If this is true, Cruz and Trump are fucked foreign policy wise against Hillary:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214085

Hard to say you're against "radical Islamic terrorism" when you support Assad who supports ISIS.

There is no 'picking a winner' in Syria. It is picking the lesser of two evils. No Assad in Syria equals another failed state in the Middle East/North Africa region. The Free Syrian Army option was always wishful thinking at best. BOTH the Bush and Obama administrations have had horrible foreign policy objectives in the Middle East and one bad turn has lead to another.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/letters/2016/04/26/hillary-clinton-flint-weaver/83516932/

What did Bernie ever do for Flint? Does Bernie even know how to get things done in Flint?

This is such a ridiculous instigation.

Aside from having townhall meetings with the people of Flint to come up with a detailed plan for addressing the issue, he has kept and is keeping Flint in the national spotlight for longer than most people who have the ability to do so ever have.

You and I both know that Bernie does not have the type of clout and political connections that Hillary does, so to compare their efforts in Flint as if Bernie should be pulling the kinds of strings that Hillary is able to pull demonstrates a serious lack of context and understanding of the situation.

Suddenly got flashbacks to Gary Bauer falling at a pancake breakfast in 2000..
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-06/5/15/enhanced/webdr08/anigif_original-grid-image-3950-1401997559-4.gif[/mg][/QUOTE]
He went down like a champ. Fiorina just got sucked into a black hole and expelled back to her alien planet.

This is such a ridiculous instigation.

Aside from having townhall meetings with the people of Flint to come up with a detailed plan for addressing the issue, he has kept and is keeping Flint in the national spotlight for longer than most people who have the ability to do so ever have.

You and I both know that Bernie does not have the type of clout and political connections that Hillary does, so to compare their efforts in Flint as if Bernie should be pulling the kinds of strings that Hillary is able to pull demonstrates a serious lack of context and understanding of the situation.

I would say that this demonstrates the value of building relationships like this for a politician. It's the way you get things done and a big part of the reason why I support Hillary.

The only thing I disagree with the Sanders campaign about in regard to that 'money-laundering' angle is the actual usage of that specific term. It carries the connotation of criminal activity and I disagree with that notion.

Yes, the Clinton campaign took advantage of a loophole that resulted from new campaign finance laws, but just because it has just become legal, it does not make it illegal.

Now, you can argue that the conduct is unethical, but there's certainly nothing wrong with it from a legal perspective.

TheFatOne

I thought Sanders was an issues candidate lol The man is a snake oil salesmen. The depressing thing is that people continue to fall for politicians like this. I don't blame them because I used to fall for the same exact bullshit.

I would say that this demonstrates the value of building relationships like this for a politician. It's the way you get things done and a big part of the reason why I support Hillary.

I agree, but that doesn't change the fact that Bernie just isn't as capable as Hillary in this area. We can talk about why that's the case, but expecting him to do more than he can is absurd and ridiculous.

Sanders is guaranteeing a contested convention?

just another guarantee he can't cash in, like bringing back firefly and making anime real

SUSA GOP CA:

Trump: 54
Cruz: 20
Kasich: 16

SUSA Dem CA:

Clinton: 57
Sanders: 38

wonder what the delegate numbers would look like for the GOP side w/ that split. trump sweeps or damn close to it?

(also, 57-38 is basically 60-40 and that kind of win would make it so 85-15 losses in every other state would still give clinton an overall delegate lead)

Wait, I'm not sure I get this. Correct me if I'm wrong. Sanders' claim is that Hillary raised money in a joint fundraiser for the state parties, but then those state parties gave that money to the DNC in order to help the DNC win in November, right? Has the DNC been spending money to help Clinton yet? I was under the impression they were basically sitting out until the general.

The contested convention line is just silly. It's taking advantage of people not really understanding the process and really depends on technicalities. Yes, superdelegates can change their mind if they want to right up until the vote, but Hillary is going to go in with a huge lead in pledged delegates and the superdelegates aren't going to change their mind, so it won't be contested in any meaningful sense.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There is no 'picking a winner' in Syria. It is picking the lesser of two evils. No Assad in Syria equals another failed state in the Middle East/North Africa region. The Free Syrian Army option was always wishful thinking at best. BOTH the Bush and Obama administrations have had horrible foreign policy objectives in the Middle East and one bad turn has lead to another.

The whole Iraq thing not only destabilized the region it took the sort of swift actions needed to contain shit like Syria off the table. Assad does need to go, if he stays we'll just repeat this shit again in 10-20 years time when a new generation gets sick of his shit.

North Africa, on the other hand, has been fucked for far longer than anyone is willing to admit.

Ugh. WTF Sanders!

Yea, here we are.

CCS

Banned
Cruz thinks he can still win with a blue shell but doesn't realise Trump has already won and is now making pancakes.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Cruz thinks he can still win with a blue shell but doesn't realise Trump has already won and is now making pancakes.
To be fair trump acts like DK after he wins the whole time he is driving so you can't tell.l he already won.

wonder what the delegate numbers would look like for the GOP side w/ that split. trump sweeps or damn close to it?

With California's winner take all by district rules, it would have to at least be close to a sweep. WIth 53 districts, it's possible for Cruz to be that far behind and still take a few districts, but only a few at best.

Can't read at the moment but is this the piece that blames gay people for not being more magnanimous in their recent victories?

So the article has several flaws and you've touched on one of them (and I'm well aware that the fact that the author is Andrew Sullivan doesn't make that statement forgivable.) I think his basic premises are sound, though:

1- Trump is a classic demagogue that our democracy is poorly equipped to handle, especially in an age of social media.
2 - He is exploiting very deep resentment which is felt among a large segment of the population, and it isn't clear that the Democratic establishment is prepared to deal with that over the long term.
3 - Even if Trump himself is unelectable, the dangers of "Trumpism" - open xenophobia, embrace of ignorance, disdain for facts, and threats of violence - are being underestimated, and the sooner he is dispatched the better. I don't think he will be any more gracious in defeat in November than he will be if he loses at the convention in July. It might be better to for us to have him lose there, throw a tantrum, and watch Cruz go down in flames in the fall.

-"Identity politics" do not empower Trump. The fact that white people in America are super fucking racist is what powers Trump.

I think you are understating how closely related these two things are.

As usual we shouldn't put too much stock in a single poll, but that having been said, SUSA is a strong pollster and these numbers are consistent with both Trump's strong numbers in mid-April and the apparent movement towards him in national polls since then.

If Indiana and California go the way it looks like they'll go, there's no real question that Trump will hit 1237.

PBY

Banned
As usual we shouldn't put too much stock in a single poll, but that having been said, SUSA is a strong pollster and these numbers are consistent with both Trump's strong numbers in mid-April and the apparent movement towards him in national polls since then.

If Indiana and California go the way it looks like they'll go, there's no real question that Trump will hit 1237.

Naw Cruz and Kasich are gonna split up CA districts tho, it'll work.

I wonder what the delegate numbers would look like for the GOP side w/ that split. trump sweeps or damn close to it?

With those numbers it'd be hard for Cruz to win more than a district or two.

He doesn't even need Indiana. The only way for Trump to lose at this point would be for him to blow California or NJ, and that's not in the cards. It's more likely that Trump breaks 1350 delegates than he comes up short.

things will get better for Trump in California once he starts making more appearances there,

the protests against him actually fueled his supporters

Diablos

just another guarantee he can't cash in, like bringing back firefly and making anime real
The problem is that by doing this he's really hurting the party. Democrars are supposed to look competent by not being the ones to have a contested convention this year.

Watch the GOP fall in line and Democrats be the ones left with the convention chaos. If I'm a GOP strategist right now l would be very hopeful that I could get my convention to go smoothly.

Bernie is guaranteeing a contested convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom