• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Weaver is speaking on TV and I want to punch him. Like there are so many holes in his argument but it doesn't feel like the media really wants to punch through them. Like stop saying your shit. It's delusional and annoying as shit to listen to.

Hey gang here is a map of the Deep South according to Bernie.

kaq70jK.jpg

I wish hillary would win some ACTUAL dem states. /s

I love r/enoughsandersspam so much

Game of Thrones last night was too good.

It was a great return to form.

PBY

Banned
Do we expect more Indiana polling? Only ask bc benchmark was holding off til we got all polls from tonight

It's a fund for the general election downticket, tied to her primary fundraising. That's why it's called a Victory Fund.
$2700/$5000 from individuals or bundled PACs can go to Hillary's primary campaign. That's the extent of what she'll receive directly.
The next $33,400/$15,000 goes to the DNC.
And then any additional amounts are split between state parties.

The complaints have nothing to do with the literal intent of the fund.

The exploitation of a loophole is real and is based on facts. Sure it's legal, but she's the first person to take advantage of it, so it's not business as usual, as I presume that you're suggesting.

"New York Values" definitely mattered I think. Cruz wouldn't have gotten bodied as much in the Northeast if he didn't insult all the northeast. I think the New York Values debate was the only one that really mattered though as Rubio's standup routine and lack of appeal are what did him in.
This is ironic considering you personally generalized all Trump supporters as racist just today.

I mean....
Nope. Don't even try to defend this:
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
-"Identity politics" do not empower Trump. The fact that white people in America are super fucking racist is what powers Trump.
This is offensive to anyone who might support Trump because they're conservative but also feel like working class people get shafted by globalism.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is anyone else impressed by how Cruz clowned those trump people? But they came off better because they can't be convinced. Lyin TED!!!!

Man, when people panic at PredictIt I make money. That's all I'm saying. New markets there on whether candidates will drop out at the end of the month are comedy gold. The minute they stabilize somebody panics and sells everything cheap. That just makes me double up on cheap shares. I've made like $100 today without hardly trying. Trading with people who don't understand markets and who have emotional involvement in candidates is shooting fish in a barrel.

So that "money laundering" thing isn't just something Jeff Weaver (sad to see a good Dodgers player go down in such ignominy) said off the cuff, but it's actually on berniesanders.com. This shit is way over the line. I'm fucking done giving Bernie the benefit of the doubt. He is actively hurting Democrats' chances in the fall with this shit.

It would be kind of funny if the revolution Bernie helped usher in was the Trump revolution.

Man, when people panic at PredictIt I make money. That's all I'm saying. New markets there on whether candidates will drop out at the end of the month are comedy gold. The minute they stabilize somebody panics and sells everything cheap. That just makes me double up on cheap shares. I've made like $100 today without hardly trying. Trading with people who don't understand markets and who have emotional involvement in candidates is shooting fish in a barrel.

So a few months back I was up close to $3000 on PredictIt. I lost over $1000 of that when Trump inexplicably started free-falling after his Super Tuesday domination. I said "fuck these idiots" and cashed out at around $1800 profit after fees.

Since then, everything I predicted would happen has happened. I just didn't have the balls to stay the course. Trump is up to 89c in the RNom market and back to 40c in the US Prez market. Cruz No in RNom is up above 90c. I could have made an extra $2000 or so easily if I'd just stayed the course.

Tbh I got legit shook when people were bidding Paul Ryan up to the high 20s. I figured the market was too irrational to be worth the risk. Turns out it was rational, it just took a little while to get there.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I need to start playing Ratchet and Clank plus Fallout 4 will be coming in the mail tomorrow.

Why do I keep buying games i never play

I'm listening to a book on hoarding to try to help my mom, and it's honestly a very similar mentality.

VRMN

The complaints have nothing to do with the literal intent of the fund.

The exploitation of a loophole is real and is based on facts. Sure it's legal, but she's the first person to take advantage of it, so it's not business as usual, as I presume that you're suggesting.

Joint fundraising between a candidate and their party is not unusual. It's strange for a candidate to do it before they are the nominee, but the concept is hardly new. Or were you somehow asleep for the years and years of stories about big money fundraisers, or unaware of how those functioned?

studyguy

AHAHAHA I DIDN'T SEE THE SUSA POLL TILL NOW
Holy fuck Cruz blown the fuck out in my state

Oh shit you guys have Overwatch too?

Mael

Stop me if I missed something.
The campaign that closest engaged in money laundering (foreign donations, donations over the limit, zip codes shenanigans...) is accusing the other campaign of the exact same crime they're getting investigated?

You're taking jokes seriously in US politics?

Holmes

Republicans just want the primary to be over and that means voting Trump. Cruz being horrible makes that easy for them to do.

Hopefully queen wins Indiana tomorrow and Kentucky.

Holmes

It's too bad that Clinton won't get as much delegates as she did from South Carolina when she wins Guam on Saturday.

CCS

Banned
I am absolutely not trolling. You are outright saying that most trump supporters are extreme racists. Do you know how serious and offensive this is to people? Are you seriously that tone deaf?

Mate, if you vote for Trump, you're racist. Whether you admit it to yourself or not, you cannot overlook his views and policies with regards to race without being racist.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I am absolutely not trolling. You are outright saying that most trump supporters are extreme racists. Do you know how serious and offensive this is to people? Are you seriously that tone deaf?

What would be a fair statement then?

A good amount? A fair number? Not the majority but a good number?

Based on the polling i've seen at least 30% of Trump supporters are extreme racists.

Joint fundraising between a candidate and their party is not unusual. It's strange for a candidate to do it before they are the nominee, but the concept is hardly new. Or were you somehow asleep for the years and years of stories about big money fundraisers, or unaware of how those functioned?

I agree with all of this and never suggested otherwise, so I don't know what you're talking about.

ampere

So many of y'all praising GoT this week... hmm. I've been down on the series lately (saw the first ep of the season), but I do need to resub HBOnow for Silicon Valley anyway.

You mean 22?

Obama beat Romney 60-37. Basically the same as Obama-McCain.

I could see Hillary beating Trump by more by sheer fact of increased hispanic turnout + effectively over race and the late hours seeing a lack of GOP voters.

I don't math gud. Yea Trump's unfavorables with hispanic voters have got to be a record high

Red America, Blue America Research

North Carolina

HB2 Approval

Approve 35
Disapprove 50

Cooper 41
McCrory 36

Perhaps most interesting about HB2, men are split 50/50, while women disapprove of it by a 52/26 margin.

Mate, if you vote for Trump, you're racist. Whether you admit it to yourself or not, you cannot overlook his views and policies with regards to race without being racist.
No, that's not true, either. There are plenty of people in this country who are totally dissatisfied with Donald Trump as their nominee but will definitely vote for him over Clinton because it's all they have. I live in a tea party district of California; I have met these people and I call them my friends! Just because you don't like part of someone's platform doesn't mean that you can't vote for the rest of it. To the average, non racist republican leaning voter, what does Trump offer? A better military, a stronger response to ISIS, a handle on illegal immigration, better trade deals, and an end to big money influence on the president. Why does someone have to be a racist to want all that?

What would be a fair statement then?

A good amount? A fair number? Not the majority but a good number?

Based on the polling i've seen at least 30% of Trump supporters are extreme racists.
Show me the polls, then. 30% of Trump supporters are racist. I want to see it. And even if you do show me that, 30% of his supporters being racist means 70% of them are not racist! That's evidence that Trump's rise IS because of identity politics, NOT because of white power ku Klux Klan David duke white sheeting. Seriously, the exact phrase "white people in America are fucking racist" does not seem highly offensive to you people? Is this really within the code of conduct on Neogaf?

royalan

There's no separating Trump's policies (especially considering how paper thin they are) from his hateful rhetoric and racism at this point.

studyguy

D&D are hacks, but at least they're entertaining hacks when it's not just tits, bad lines and gore.

Also no one gets to bury their heads in the sand in regards to the fallout of their choice. I'm not racist, but it just so happens that my guy has racist sentiments so it's all on him is a poor excuse. The fact is if you're rolling with Trump then minority rights as a whole are expected to take a strong leap backwards. There's no pivoting or moderating Operation Wetback 2.0 or putting a hold on Muslim citizens moving freely.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I agree with that. If you support trump you are either a racist or are okay with a racist as president. At some point that is not a meaningful distinction to me.

PBY

Banned
No, that's not true, either. There are plenty of people in this country who are totally dissatisfied with Donald Trump as their nominee but will definitely vote for him over Clinton because it's all they have. I live in a tea party district of California; I have met these people and I call them my friends! Just because you don't like part of someone's platform doesn't mean that you can't vote for the rest of it. To the average, non racist republican leaning voter, what does Trump offer? A better military, a stronger response to ISIS, a handle on illegal immigration, better trade deals, and an end to big money influence on the president. Why does someone have to be a racist to want all that?

I think you're taking a simple issue and making it more complex than it is. Its Donald Trump.

CCS

Banned
No, that's not true, either. There are plenty of people in this country who are totally dissatisfied with Donald "People are praying for me" Trump as their nominee but will definitely vote for him over Clinton because it's all they have. I live in a tea party district of California; I have met these people and I call them my friends! Just because you don't like part of someone's platform doesn't mean that you can't vote for the rest of it. To the average, non racist republican leaning voter, what does Donald "People are praying for me" Trump offer? A better military, a stronger response to ISIS, a handle on illegal immigration, better trade deals, and an end to big money influence on the president. Why does someone have to be a racist to want all that?

It makes them racist because they're willing to throw minorities under the bus so that they benefit. It's really as simple as that.

Not true at all. I know Hispanics and Black people who are all in on Trump, are they racist? (Not a Trump fan btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom