• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
I just realized that /R/politics is going to be the same as it is now once Bernie quits, but instead of having a wall of bernie articles it will be super pro Trump. The transition is already happening.

Yeah, the transition's been underway since New York. It kind of validates everything people have said so far this election about how much of a shithole r/politics is.

Trump effect on foreign investment to the US.
750x-1.png

mo60

Wow.At those anti Clinton buttons.Stuff like this will be the downfall of Trump in the GE.It will be interesting to see him end up the third person if I recall to lose an election in the last year or so later this year using fear tactics against a group of people or a politician or doing or saying other awful things directed at other people.

Maledict

I'm going to be honest, I don't think the HIllary buttons stuff will do anything at the general election. The right wing has been circulating stuff like that about Hillary for *decades* now. It might have an impact if Donald actually turns up wearing one, but I don't think even he is that stupid.

I'm going to be honest, I don't think the HIllary buttons stuff will do anything at the general election. The right wing has been circulating stuff like that about Hillary for *decades* now. It might have an impact if Donald actually turns up wearing one, but I don't think even he is that stupid.

Yeah, terrible conservative merch has been around forever, and no one really gives a shit.

mo60

He will most likely find other ways to attack Hilary that are not as explicit in the GE that may still make people angry.The button thing won't really hurt him much in the GE since no one will care about it by then.The only way this can hurt him is if Clinton decides to use this against him in the GE which she won't most likely.

thefro

What time do polls close tonight? Working out if it's worth staying up.

6 PM EST for most of Indiana, 7 PM EST for the part of the state that's on central time.

Should get some results in quick, although Monroe, Marion, and Lake County (the big Democratic counties) always come in slow. So it might be a long night if Sanders/Clinton is close.

CCS

Banned
6 PM EST for most of Indiana, 7 PM EST for the part of the state that's on central time.

Should get some results in quick, although Monroe, Marion, and Lake County (the big Blue counties) always come in slow. So it might be a long night if Sanders/Clinton is close.

Ah okay, thank you :)

FFFUUUUCCCCKKKK

More to the point, those Republicans desperately trying to use the long-standing rules of their own nominating process to thwart this monster deserve our passionate support, not our disdain. This is not the moment to remind them that they partly brought this on themselves. This is a moment to offer solidarity, especially as the odds are increasingly stacked against them. Ted Cruz and John Kasich face their decisive battle in Indiana on May 3. But they need to fight on, with any tactic at hand, all the way to the bitter end. The Republican delegates who are trying to protect their party from the whims of an outsider demagogue are, at this moment, doing what they ought to be doing to prevent civil and racial unrest, an international conflict, and a constitutional crisis. These GOP elites have every right to deploy whatever rules or procedural roadblocks they can muster, and they should refuse to be intimidated.

And if they fail in Indiana or Cleveland, as they likely will, they need, quite simply, to disown their party’s candidate. They should resist any temptation to loyally back the nominee or to sit this election out. They must take the fight to Trump at every opportunity, unite with Democrats and Independents against him, and be prepared to sacrifice one election in order to save their party and their country.

For Trump is not just a wacky politician of the far right, or a riveting television spectacle, or a Twitter phenom and bizarre working-class hero. He is not just another candidate to be parsed and analyzed by TV pundits in the same breath as all the others. In terms of our liberal democracy and constitutional order, Trump is an extinction-level event. It’s long past time we started treating him as such.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/america-tyranny-donald-trump.html

Andrew Sullivan with the 4-Point play in Democracy vs Trump, Game 6.

PBY

Banned
On @foxandfriends -- Did Donald Trump just suggest Cruz's father may have had something to do with JFK's assassination?
Via Todd Starnes

Maledict

British people telling us what to do with our democracy when they don't even have one. Sullivan leaving journalism was, sadly, only temporary.

My brain is hurting trying to begin to understand this post.

Britain's a democracy.

Sullivan has lived in the USA for over 30 years.

If we aren't allowed to comment on other people's governments then half this thread needs banning, as does the entirety of American foreign policy for the last 100 years or so.

I can agree on the sadness re him returning to journalism however! ;-)

thefro

+1 Hillary in Indiana. Didn't think the Don needed my Operation Chaos vote.

Probably was leaning Sanders until his campaign started talking all this trash before the New York primary.

Wow, 7PM ET should make this an early night. I won't even be home then...

It was like 2 or 3 AM before they called Indiana in the 2008 primary. Parts of the state count super-slow.

My brain is hurting trying to begin to understand this post.
I'll say it more slowly next time, just say the word!

Britain's a democracy.
God save the queen and all that, yeah?

Sullivan has lived in the USA for over 30 years.
So has Fareed Zakaria and I still think the man's name sounds funny!

If we aren't allowed to comment on other people's governments then half this thread needs banning, as does the entirety of American foreign policy for the last 100 years or so.
Wrong! American exceptionalism! We are exceptional enough to not need to follow that rule.

I can agree on the sadness re him returning to journalism however! ;-)
Your brain just might be okay after all.

That coal is going to die isn't even an expectation of the current administration.

Ernest Moniz was at the National Coal Council just a few days ago talking about coal technology if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkUoDLaMFlU

http://www.sunherald.com/news/politics-government/article73307127.html

Coal is going to die via a thousand cut as converging factors all culminate at the same time

1) Coal to Natural Gas conversions because NG is cheaper
2) Emission targets and regulations requirements
3) Emergence of Player Three, Wind and Solar now being installed in massive scales

CCS isn't going to save coal, CCS would only greatly increase the cost of operating for coal, and by the time CCS is viable and on a wide scale in say... twenty years (a very generous estimate), it's going to be cheaper to just replace coal capacity with Solar/Wind + Storage tech. The only places that are getting CCS are most likely going to be Natural Gas by the time the tech is viable.

Nobody is going to say coal is fucked because that is scary to a lot of people, but the idea that coal is here to stay in America or welcome is false, the only direction coal capacity is going is down, down, down. CCS is the death throes of fossil fuel companies, mainly because it's the one thing that can save them in the coming decades.

CCS

Banned
I'll say it more slowly next time, just say the word!

God save the queen and all that, yeah?

So has Fareed Zakaria and I still think the man's name sounds funny!

Wrong! American exceptionalism! We are exceptional enough to not need to follow that rule.

Your brain just might be okay after all.

Are you deliberately trolling or do you not understand how the monarchy works are all?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Why the heck is Cruz even in Bloomington? The only thing he is going to get there is hecklers.

It's basically like Trump showing up in downtown Chicago for a rally.

To get Bobby Knight to change his endorsement, lol. +1 Hillary in Lake County Indiana today. Time to shut down the shenanigans and get this in motion for the general.

gcubed

Coal is going to die via a thousand cut as converging factors all culminate at the same time

1) Coal to Natural Gas conversions because NG is cheaper
2) Emission targets and regulations requirements
3) Emergence of Player Three, Wind and Solar now being installed in massive scales

CCS isn't going to save coal, CCS would only greatly increase the cost of operating for coal, and by the time CCS is viable and on a wide scale in say... twenty years (a very generous estimate), it's going to be cheaper to just replace coal capacity with Solar/Wind + Storage tech. The only places that are getting CCS are most likely going to be Natural Gas by the time the tech is viable.

Nobody is going to say coal is fucked because that is scary to a lot of people, but the idea that coal is here to stay in America or welcome is false, the only direction coal capacity is going is down, down, down. CCS is the death throes of fossil fuel companies, mainly because it's the one thing that can save them in the coming decades.

Yup, saying you are committed to coal while the cost to make it clean is untenable is the political doublespeak. Hillary is being more honest here

You guys remember when Trump repeated a supporter's comment in the crowd? Bernie Sanders just had a similar moment.

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisElection/videos/1168619563169532/

Bernie: And I think that choice is to tell the billionaire class -
Person in Crowd: Fuck off!
Bernie: - and the corporations -
Crowd: [laugher]
Bernie: Well, that is one way to phrase it.
Crowd: [cheers]
Bernie: [big goofy smile]
Bernie: See I myself am constrained, I can't quite phrase it like that. But that's not bad. You get to the point very succinctly, I like it. But I will not repeat what the gentleman just said.
[short pause]
But it had something with "F - off". I don't know what it was!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom