• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongly suspect that people will miss that this isn't just true on the R side when doing postmortems.

No. They will get it. They already did. Their voters just don't care and don't want it.

Jeb or Rubio was supposed to fix their hispanic problem. The voters don't want it.

This is concerning, Tyler's prediction for tonight according to his latest model:

yWRRkpE.png

All the crappy polls have been favoring Hillary while all of the crappy demographics models have been favoring Bernie. All this equates to is a close race in Indiana, which changes nothing in the grand scheme of things except for those poor souls with money on the state's race. The rest of the primary season pretty much exists at this point purely for people like me to lose all of my money.

kirblar

No. They will get it. They already did. Their voters just don't care and don't want it.

Jeb or Rubio was supposed to fix their hispanic problem. The voters don't want it.
No, I meant that "you can't just win white people" is also why Sanders lost.

If we're in the '80s, Sanders probably wins.
I've heard Hillary has a rape coverup story as well, though, that's why I thought it was for her.
You mean the time when she did her job as a defense attorney despite thinking the guy was guilty?

Maxim726X

Coal is done. We should not prop up a more expensive way of producing energy when there are cheaper viable alternatives. Yes it will hurt many specific areas of the US that were coal backed local economies... but as people migrated to the coal, they shall migrate from it.

On a similar note, I was thinking about this the other day- Why should we want to bring back manufacturing?

It's a dead end industry. There's no reason to invest in a field that will likely be among the first to be completely automated. How far away are we from seeing that at this point? Isn't China trying to diversify their economy as they brace for exactly this movement?

No, I meant that "you can't just win white people" is also why Sanders lost.

If we're in the '80s, Sanders probably wins.

You mean the time when she did her job as a defense attorney despite thinking the guy was guilty?

If it was the 80s, Hillary would be talking about superpredators.

Why is it even a question that Cruz isn't going to get the nom. He can't get to 1237, its impossible even if he wins everything from here on out.

If the establishment on the GOP side is going to try something, they would give it to someone else.

No real point in talking about cruz anymore.

Maledict

I think part of the reason Hilary dropped out the way she did was Obama promised her a seat in the cabinet or the vice presidency. Don't forget how long she was fighting to keep Florida's vote after the primary disaster.

I think Bernie wants a seat at the table to dictate the future of the party and frankly I think the election proved he's earned that right but I don't see somebody like Hilary giving Bernie the VP, Cabinet seat, or a vocal role in the DNC.

Part of that may be on Bernie with not funding down ticket candidates or his instance on being an I instead of a D but I think he needs to be part of the Clinton campaign.

That is absolutely not the case. Obama promised her nothing - remember, she really, *really* didn't want the SoS job when offered it. It took a lot of persuasion from her and Bill to get her to accept it.

And in terms of a seat at the table, that's my point. Going to the convention with a list of demands and prolonging the healing process guarantees you fuck all. If you want to be at the table you need to join the table, you can't stand on the outside shouting insults and attacking the nominee. And Bernie won't be Hillaries VP because that would be a shockingly bad political move that would significantly hurt the ticket in a number of ways.

The way Bernie makes a role for himself in the party going forward is by actively supporting the party. If he wants to play the independent card and demand a list of concessions then he'll get nothing and go back to being impotent and on the fringe. If he does what Clinton did in 2008 and actively back her and the party, without demands, then it's a different story - he *should* have a role in the party, but whether he does or not is down to him.

Fox318

This one's funny though

yka3dkpv9lA3BoxybwHGGWazR96S4XwC.jpg

Gay sex arrest?

Were they arrested while they were having gay sex or because they were having gay sex?

Or maybe a group of people having gay sex made a citizens arrest while dressed as cops?

Did they use real handcuffs or the fuzzy kind?

Why isn't anyone asking these hard questions? The future of the republic is at stake!!!

sangreal

Why is it even a question that Cruz isn't going to get the nom. He can't get to 1237, its impossible even if he wins everything from here on out.

If the establishment on the GOP side is going to try something, they would give it to someone else.

No real point in talking about cruz anymore.

Cruz can't get 1237 pledged delegates, but his game is to get a majority of delegates whether they're currently bound to him or not by stacking the slates with his supporters. If a majority of delegates actually support him, he can do whatever he wants at the convention

It's not going to work, but that is clearly his endgame

Eventually Kasich is going to have to drop out. When does his money run out? Whose donating to Kasich? He still has less delegates than Rubio who dropped out two months ago...

I'm betting on it, literally.

I figure he's in now on the basis that it will give him credibilty Ina brokered convention. But if Trump tops the magic number he will drop.

sangreal

I'm betting on it, literally.

I figure he's in now on the basis that it will give him credibilty Ina brokered convention. But if Trump tops the magic number he will drop.

has he passed rubio yet? I don't think he will drop before he does

He wants to go into the convention as the sane 3rd-choice

kirblar

Gay sex arrest?

Were they arrested while they were having gay sex or because they were having gay sex?

Or maybe a group of people having gay sex made a citizens arrest while dressed as cops?

Did they use real handcuffs or the fuzzy kind?

Why isn't anyone asking these hard questions? The future of the republic is at stake!!!
Rubio's arrest was at/near a gay cruising destination.

I can't believe Cruz is bothering to talk about the JFK allegation. I guess he's still just in desperation mode. I assume his strategy is to remind everyone "Hey, Donald Trump is a crazy person!" since Indiana has got to be a big part of Cruz's convention plans.

Siena College Poll

2016 New York Presidential GE

Hillary Clinton (D) 56%
Donald Trump (R) 30%

It's New York. The Democratic nominee could just be 200 squirrels hastily stuffed into a jogging suit and they'd beat Trump by 10 points. The only way the Dems lose in the General is if they decide "fuck it, let's nominate Ted Cruz."

Fox318

That is absolutely not the case. Obama promised her nothing - remember, she really, *really* didn't want the SoS job when offered it. It took a lot of persuasion from her and Bill to get her to accept it.

And in terms of a seat at the table, that's my point. Going to the convention with a list of demands and prolonging the healing process guarantees you fuck all. If you want to be at the table you need to join the table, you can't stand on the outside shouting insults and attacking the nominee. And Bernie won't be Hillaries VP because that would be a shockingly bad political move that would significantly hurt the ticket in a number of ways.

The way Bernie makes a role for himself in the party going forward is by actively supporting the party. If he wants to play the independent card and demand a list of concessions then he'll get nothing and go back to being impotent and on the fringe. If he does what Clinton did in 2008 and actively back her and the party, without demands, then it's a different story - he *should* have a role in the party, but whether he does or not is down to him.

Dr Biden talked about how Joe was offered the VP seat or the Secretary of State job on Oprah a while ago so I believe that Obama offered her a spot early on. Besides not many people turn down a job like that especially on request of the President and one with as much clout as Obama in 2008.

I have no doubt the party will be healed by the summer. 2008 was more contentious simply due to discussions of race and the role of Michigan and Florida's votes not being counted.

Its tough to tell who Hilary will pick as VP. I don't think Bernie would be a bad choice but frankly I don't think Bernie would be able to sit in the back or be sent out in a way Joe was.

With how calculating Hilary has been in her political career I'd say the money is on Julian Castro.

Ted is having a meltdown

Trump is amoral, serial philanderer, narcissist, @TedCruz says. And winning. "We are staring at the abyss" and only Indiana can save us.

Now Ted Cruz is talking about Donald Trump's "venereal diseases."

And now Ted Cruz is comparing Donald Trump to Biff Tannen, a "braggadocios arrogant buffoon."

Ted Cruz in IN on Donald Trump: "This man is a pathological liar... straight out of a psychology textbook."

Cruz on Trump: "he's proud to be a serial philanderer. He talks about his battles with venereal disease as his personal Vietnam."

Roger Stone was going on about the Trump team's rape-cover-up oppo on Clinton for like ten minutes to Glenn Thrush on Off Message, so that one is linked to her.

Roger Stone is a bigger liar than his heroes Nixon and Reagan, though, so he has maybe less credence than the National Enquirer, since the latter at least leaked Rielle Hunter's baby with John Edwards.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dr Biden talked about how Joe was offered the VP seat or the Secretary of State job on Oprah a while ago so I believe that Obama offered her a spot early on. Besides not many people turn down a job like that especially on request of the President and one with as much clout as Obama in 2008.

I have no doubt the party will be healed by the summer. 2008 was more contentious simply due to discussions of race and the role of Michigan and Florida's votes not being counted.

Its tough to tell who Hilary will pick as VP. I don't think Bernie would be a bad choice but frankly I don't think Bernie would be able to sit in the back or be sent out in a way Joe was.

With how calculating Hilary has been in her political career I'd say the money is on Julian Castro.

The rumblings from her camp make it sound like she wants someone who could embarrass the GOP in a debate and take over on day 1 if something happened to her. Castro isn't that dude, she's basically looking for her Biden.

Ted is having a meltdown

Cruz has lost his damn mind.

pigeon

Banned
On a similar note, I was thinking about this the other day- Why should we want to bring back manufacturing?

It's a dead end industry. There's no reason to invest in a field that will likely be among the first to be completely automated. How far away are we from seeing that at this point? Isn't China trying to diversify their economy as they brace for exactly this movement?

From a macro perspective, we don't. That's why it left America in the first place, because it was too easy to have unskilled or robot labor take it over and cut costs. Better to eliminate those jobs and produce more cheap wealth, since wealth is what matters.

From an individual perspective, the people who want more manufacturing jobs are people who worked in manufacturing or know people who did. Eliminating manufacturing pushes those people into jobs they aren't trained for, don't like, or are below their level, so obviously they are bummed about that.

Once again, it's a great argument for a basic income so that we can eliminate the idea of needing to have jobs in order to survive so that we can eliminate the jobs that have no real reason to exist.

Paskil

Bubu...but, Rafael Cruz looks more like Lee Harvey in that "Young Ted Cruz" video floating around.

Or, SHOCKER, Jack Ruby killed Rafael Cruz and the guy posing as Ted's dad is JFK's killer.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike M

Nick N
Is Ted the new Jeb?
Sure feels like he is.
Insofar that he's Trump's punching bag, sure. But he's essentially the last man standing, who else is it going to be?

For all his lack of social awareness and recent fuck ups, Cruz is a different animal than "I don't even really want to be doing this" Jeb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom