• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

Come on Indiana. I really don't want to hear another self righteous speech that starts with "God bless the great start of Indiana!" tonight.

Is there a video somewhere of that guy calling Cruz a fish monster? I need to see that.

Also, didn't see this posted, from a rally yesterday:

Rebecca Sinderbrand ‏@sinderbrand
Trump goes after Clinton: "Can I take heat if Bernie said it [too]?"

Glad Bernie is legitimizing Trump's attacks.

Diablos

Even if Hillary is on the first ballot I expect Sanders to advocate for delegate chaos at the convention by any means necessary. He's selfish and crazy like that.

He may fail miserably but the bigger issue is that it would not do anything to unify the party.

Mike M

Nick N
Any thoughts of California going back to the Republicans were blown away by Pete Wilson and his infamous Proposition 187, which badly alienated Hispanic voters.

Oh man, Prop 187 was the first issue where I became cognizant that I was in a deeply minority position on something. I very clearly remember my honors history class taught by a would-be William Buckley Jr. acolyte where we were discussing the ballot measures that year, and everyone was super jazzed that Prop 187 would "mean that they have to go home."

Coal is done. We should not prop up a more expensive way of producing energy when there are cheaper viable alternatives. Yes it will hurt many specific areas of the US that were coal backed local economies... but as people migrated to the coal, they shall migrate from it.

Bowdz

Coal is done. We should not prop up a more expensive way of producing energy when there are cheaper viable alternatives. Yes it will hurt many specific areas of the US that were coal backed local economies... but as people migrated to the coal, they shall migrate from it.

Agreed.

The goal of the US government should be to provide robust job retraining programs supplemented with free/affordable community college programs that will quickly transition people from dying industries into new ones. Economic growth should be at a premium in terms of importance so that that there is enough availability in the market for people to lose their old jobs and rapidly gain employment again. Couple this with robust public infrastructure to aid in ease of transport and modest economic aid to help facilitate heavily depressed communities to make the transition will help tremendously.

Coal is not the first industry to cripple an area as it declines nor will it be the last. Our goal however, should be to ensure that we engrain a degree of resiliency to the system so that short term dislocation doesn't term into long term depressed communities.

ivysaur12

Banned
Glenn Greenwald ‏@ggreenwald
Glenn Greenwald Retweeted The Hill
Dem pundits hate seeing their favorite candidates but Dem voters seem to like it

The Hill @thehill
NEW POLL: Dems want Sanders to stay in through the convention http://hill.cm/a9mFzK3

Wouldn't... Dem voters' favorite candidate be the one who got the most votes???

studyguy

Adsmovil and New Latino Voice surveyed 7000+ Latino voters how they'd vote in the general election if held today.

Clinton 62
Trump 12

8e1b21e32b16c9c1b59290955f2d58f69983db1c934bcf41d8006d17fdbfef49-320x214.gif

Even if Hillary is on the first ballot I expect Sanders to advocate for delegate chaos at the convention by any means necessary. He's selfish and crazy like that.

He may fail miserably but the bigger issue is that it would not do anything to unify the party.

There are some actual Sanders delegates on r/S4P proudly proclaiming once released they will not go to Hillary. I think they are a minority within the minority of course, but it exemplifies that the Sanders campaign is bigger than Sanders - just not in the way he thought it would be. It's really taken on a life of its own.

p.s., "defeatism" is now bannable there

How ironic it would be if Cruz and Kasich drop out, and the GOP begins to coalesce around Trump before the Dems begin the process.

Actually, if that does happen after Indiana (if Trump wins big delegate wise), I honestly think you will see a ton more pressure on Sanders to get out from the Dem side.

Eventually Kasich is going to have to drop out. When does his money run out? Whose donating to Kasich? He still has less delegates than Rubio who dropped out two months ago...

Fox318

What would the downside be with Sanders even staying in to the convention? Money?

Its not like delegates are going to switch unless news breaks of Hillary actually being a hybrid Charles Manson and Pauly Shore.

Frankly it might be the only time he can swing the message of the presidency and the party. Maybe force Hillary to not go as far right as possible on some issues such as drugs, military intervention and so on.

As long as his campaign doesn't go crazy with bad campaigning this is a good chance to motivate parts of the party that didn't just sit it out.

Outside of Joe there was no real candidate that even attempted to run probably because Hilary went out and boxed them out.

I still don't see any reasons why a Corey Booker, Warren, and a Mark Dayton didn't stand up and speak up.

ampere

I don't get what Bernie is trying to accomplish by continuing to attack Hillary at this point. She's on your side for campaign finance reform and overturning Citizen's United, but you play the game by the rules that are present so she's using a SuperPAC yea.

Bernie should be spending his speaking time criticizing the GoP and talking about the downticket. He's using his limited time left in the public eye to wage unnecessary war on Hillary

Maledict

What would the downside be with Sanders even staying in to the convention? Money?

Its not like delegates are going to switch unless news breaks of Hillary actually being a hybrid Charles Manson and Pauly Shore.

Frankly it might be the only time he can swing the message of the presidency and the party. Maybe force Hillary to not go as far right as possible on some issues such as drugs, military intervention and so on.

As long as his campaign doesn't go crazy with bad campaigning this is a good chance to motivate parts of the party that didn't just sit it out.

Outside of Joe there was no real candidate that even attempted to run probably because Hilary went out and boxed them out.

I still don't see any reasons why a Corey Booker, Warren, and a Mark Dayton didn't stand up and speak up.

Because the longer he stays in, the harder it is to unify the party. If Bernie is campaigning up until the convention and still talking about becoming the nominee on the back of a brokered convention it only gives you 2 months to fix the issue before the actual election. That's why Clinton dropped out after the last primary in 2008 - because unifying the party and bringing everyone together is really important. If Bernie fights until the convention that's incredibly harder, *especially* if he continues to tell his supporters that the system was rigged and he lost unfairly.

Bernie should stay in until the California primary, and then drop out gracefully and do what Clinton did in 2008 - support her whole heartedly. *Thats* what will let him change the party and policy. Showing up to the convention with a list of demands will get him nothing and will weaken Hillary out of the gate. If he wants to change the party then he needs to be in the party and working for it.

Again, I don't think people have an issue with that - though I've come to despise his campaign (and more recently, the man himself), I agree with several bits and pieces of his progressive platform and have no problem with him advocating for them.

The problem is, he just isn't doing that. He's lost, but still devoting a considerable amount of time and resources dedicated to the idea that Hillary is a criminal, which in turn aids Trump. The "issues" campaign stopped being about the issues months ago.

It's important to 1) unify the party 2) make sure the party's umbrella remains as open as possible - this is a tough tight-rope to walk. Unfortunately, Sanders didn't just try to do one over the other - he failed to do either entirely.

studyguy

Don't like Cruz, but that's too much.
Pretty wild that literal tabloids are making a killing this election season with their stories being pushed around so hard. It's pretty weird. Then again I've made Zodiac Killer jokes so I'm probably part of the problem here.

It's just low hanging fruit too ripe not to pick :/

Don't like Cruz, but that's too much.
Pretty wild that literal tabloids are making a killing this election season with their stories being pushed around so hard. It's pretty weird. Then again I've made Zodiac Killer jokes so I'm probably part of the problem here.

It's just low hanging fruit too ripe not to pick :/
The guy who runs the enquirer has a strong connection to Trump.

HylianTom

Banned
If Bernie's going to play things out in this stubborn manner and Hillary wins in November despite his efforts to taint her nomination with an air of illegitimacy, I want him kneecapped when he returns to the Senate. In this cycle, party unity could be the margin between taking the House back for two years or just having the Senate for two years. It could be the difference between a 2018-proof Senate majority and a smaller Senate majority that only lasts until midterms. He'd be actively, knowingly harming the causes he claims to be working for.

I didn't mind him staying in had he remained issue-oriented, but that's clearly not happening.

kirblar

Damn, that is some glorious tire-burning if I've ever seen it. This election should put the idea to bed once and for all that whites are the only group worth catering to. You cannot win a national election when your party amounts to this. When your party is deciding between 3 terrible choices for minorities. You can't do it.
Strongly suspect that people will miss that this isn't just true on the R side when doing postmortems.

Whose the child sex one. Only Bernie and Trump are left, since Rape Coverup is Hillary, Gay Sex is Rubio and Suicide is Cruz (his wife)

I haven't heard any conspiracies about Bernie or Trump related to any of those on the list.

Fox318

Because the longer he stays in, the harder it is to unify the party. If Bernie is campaigning up until the convention and still talking about becoming the nominee on the back of a brokered convention it only gives you 2 months to fix the issue before the actual election. That's why Clinton dropped out after the last primary in 2008 - because unifying the party and bringing everyone together is really important. If Bernie fights until the convention that's incredibly harder, *especially* if he continues to tell his supporters that the system was rigged and he lost unfairly.

Bernie should stay in until the California primary, and then drop out gracefully and do what Clinton did in 2008 - support her whole heartedly. *Thats* what will let him change the party and policy. Showing up to the convention with a list of demands will get him nothing and will weaken Hillary out of the gate. If he wants to change the party then he needs to be in the party and working for it.

I think part of the reason Hilary dropped out the way she did was Obama promised her a seat in the cabinet or the vice presidency. Don't forget how long she was fighting to keep Florida's vote after the primary disaster.

I think Bernie wants a seat at the table to dictate the future of the party and frankly I think the election proved he's earned that right but I don't see somebody like Hilary giving Bernie the VP, Cabinet seat, or a vocal role in the DNC.

Part of that may be on Bernie with not funding down ticket candidates or his instance on being an I instead of a D but I think he needs to be part of the Clinton campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom