• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do people who are all up in these bathroom bills just think trans-people are playing dress-up or something? Do they just fundamentally not understand the concept of transexuality? Also why is it always "little girls" people are worried about when the vast majority of people using these public restrooms will be grown ass women. This feels insulting from like every possible perspective.

Not to mention the fact that their solution to "child predators will go in to the bathroom with your daughters" is "force them to go to the bathroom with your sons." They're only concerned about little girls getting molested, I guess.

Fox318

Chi3X03VEAAxlps.jpg:large

What's the Fonz doing here?

Wait it all makes sese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtntuB4dp0U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWDUFVYjc1s

PBY

Banned
Trump played Ted like a fucking fiddle in Indy. Seriously, this shit was actually masterful, no sarcasm
ChjBk3VXEAAjEA1.jpg:large

What jobs are both so necessary that society needs them to function and so poorly paid that they would disappear if people were freed from the threat of death?
Have you ever worked labor, ever? Agriculture, janitorial and cleaning positions, most factory jobs...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Have you ever worked labor, ever? Agriculture, janitorial and cleaning positions, most factory jobs...

Factory jobs are all on their way to being automated. We've already managed to turn 30 jobs into 10, and that's being kind the truth is it's probably worse than that.

Jeb! trying to answer questions after Trump calls Hillary a cunt or after Trump says Hillary killed Vince Foster would be worthy of being on PPV.

I think my favorite moment that would be most similar to that was when reporters were asking about Jebs Anchor babies comment, back when he was still trying to somewhat play nice with Trump. And wanted to back up himself and not call the term trump has been using racist and said "Anchor Baby's frankly are more Asian people"

What cracks me up about the transgender bathroom issue is: Where in the world do these people think "they" were using for restrooms before this controversy started? Why did no one care then?

It's normal for controversial issues to become politicized, but this is an example where something only became controversial because it was politicized. In those circumstances, it's challenging to think people are arguing in good faith.

What cracks me up about the transgender bathroom issue is: Where in the world do these people think "they" were using for restrooms before this controversy started? Why did no one care then?

It's normal for controversial issues to become politicized, but this is an example where something only became controversial because it was politicized. In those circumstances, it's challenging to think people are arguing in good faith.
Same as people being against the Don't Ask Don't Tell repeal.

"I don't want to be in the army with a GAY GUY! He might check out my ass!"

It's like, are you just a complete fucking moron?

gcubed

what does Ted Cruz feel about the little girl that is out with her Dad and has to go to the bathroom going into the mens room that is FULL OF PENISES SWINGING IN HER FACE?!

F'ing psychopath serial killer

Paskil

Trump played Ted like a fucking fiddle in Indy. Seriously, this shit was actually masterful, no sarcasm

Yup, you're watching an artist at work. I really hope Hillary tears him apart. I feel like the exactly opposite is going to happen in the GE and Hillary will be on the Trump side of that paper.

IMO
Free tuition should not include repeating a semester or rebooting into a different degree.

I'm okay with free tuition of tge student manages to completing it one shot

In France you have student lifers who stay and just change programs for eternity
I don't think changing degrees should void free tuition. Having a limit on it, maybe, but I think most people don't know exactly what they want to study when they start, or don't like what they thought they'd want to study as much as they thought they would. That shouldn't be punished

I like how their interpretation of a creep looks like a guy straight out of Grease.
Like tells you something about what age the people getting these ads are.
I was thinking Tom of Finland actually

pigeon

Banned
I concur with the thought in principle. At least, I find it preferable that people do not walk around with a constant fear of destitution. But my point is that, by necessity, more can be done in a society that is not forced to cope with millions of people not working rather than everyone contributing in some capacity. Not even communism proposes an opt-in labor society.

I don't actually agree, because I think people have a natural desire to produce labor. But even if you're right, who cares? We don't have a moral imperative to produce as much as possible, we have a moral imperative to not threaten people with death.

I think it's bold to claim that people will do good, productive work on their own. In fact I think that needs quantifiable evidence. Decades of poor welfare policy before institutional reform under the Clinton administration does in fact prove that when given the choice to not work, a sizable portion will not. And welfare was not even enough to survive. What more if everyone is provided with a basic income suitable for all kinds of living!

To be clear, I stated a belief, not a claim. There's an important distinction there.

But I would observe that there are already significant welfare states in other countries that don't result in significant loss of labor.

As far as I can tell your claim about welfare policy pre-Clinton is just nonsense. Can you provide that evidence?

I don't believe you. I believe that people are typically required to work in order to live but I don't believe that there is a single job besides government work programs (and even then, that is a stretch) that exists entirely because people have to work, so we must find something for them to do.

Have you never seen a Wal-Mart greeter?

I take issue with most of this list, but, I mean, my point remains. If those jobs are really so vital that society would collapse without them then we'll just have to compensate them correctly so that people are willing to do those jobs. That should be easy, since they're adding so much value that they're keeping society functioning.

Goodstyle

Ted Cruz's campaign right now:

"The Kennedy thing was nothing but a smokescreen... I heard insults, then... UGH! THEY PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!"

Trouble

Banned
What about Buffalo Bill?
tumblr_o21dsuAG901uofr2ko1_500.gif

But seriously, if Silence of the Lambs is any indication, fear of the gender noncomforming is deeply ingrained in our society.

He wasn't actually trans, just insane. In the book Johns Hopkins denied him reassignment surgery because he failed the psych eval (or whatever it's called).

Benchmark Politics ‏@benchmarkpol 1m1 minute ago
Possible record turnout being reported across Lake County. Would be instrumental to a Clinton and Trump victory

Trumps really going to be the Nominee.

10 months ago people were saying he would never get to this point.

I think we're witnessing something that will be recorded in the annals of history.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Benchmark Politics ‏@benchmarkpol 1m1 minute ago
Possible record turnout being reported across Lake County. Would be instrumental to a Clinton and Trump victory

Wowza. This is going to be interesting.

I think we're witnessing something that will be recorded in the anals of history.

I'd correct your spelling, but I agree with the sentiment.

HylianTom

Banned

I think we're witnessing something that will be recorded in the annals of history.
I am still pinching myself. This is really happening. The GOP base has finally lost it, and at the best possible time. The only way this could be better is if this had happened in a redistricting cycle.

Still: Wow.

It would have been a really close race this year, too, but then the GOP screwed it all up for themselves.

I wonder if Don ever thought he'd get this far, or if he is kept awake at night with fears that this has gone on much further than he ever imagined and now he's in this deep.

Fuchsdh

Same as people being against the Don't Ask Don't Tell repeal.

"I don't want to be in the army with a GAY GUY! He might check out my ass!"

It's like, are you just a complete fucking moron?

With social movements like this there's always going to be a hurdle to get over because honestly a lot of people weren't thinking about transgendered people or gay guys in the military until people started pushing for the legal right to choose the bathroom they want, or to serve openly. It's always going to be easier to support equal rights in the abstract, less so when you're given a concrete reality to deal with. Especially if you're not in an urban area or a place where you're exposed to these ideas or different kinds of people earlier, I understand the defensive attitude, even if that attitude falls apart under scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom