• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

Josh Jordan ‏@NumbersMuncher 37m37 minutes ago
You deserve this GOP voters. When you'd rather burn it down than make a single compromise, you're lose everything you said you believed in.

Josh Jordan ‏@NumbersMuncher 39m39 minutes ago
You think Rubio was too extreme on immigration? Just wait until you have President Hillary with a friendly Senate. Great calculation there.

Josh Jordan ‏@NumbersMuncher 40m40 minutes ago
It's ok though. I'd rather get 75% of what I want instead of 0, but enjoy getting zero when Trump loses in a landslide. Great plan, GOP.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yeah. I'll admit I'm looking at those three counties because their 2008 totals were the closest to the overall state vote.

Indiana has too many counties.

Most states on the east coast and midwest have too many counties. Counties are dumb.

OH SHIT

@MarkSalter55
the GOP is going to nominate for President a guy who reads the National Enquirer and thinks it's on the level. I'm with her.

The Right is so fucking mad at Cruz right now for having enabled Trump for so many months. They're really just unloading on him right now on Twitter.

Rightly so. His refusal to get out of the way of any true establishment republican is a huge part of why Trump has won. A fundamental part I would argue even. Meanwhile Trump was given all the time he needed to finish evolving to his final form.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Rightly so. His refusal to get out of the way of any true establishment republican is a huge part of why Trump has won. A fundamental part I would argue even. Meanwhile Trump was given all the time he needed to finish evolving to his final form.

His final form being capable of accusing Cruz's dad of conspiring with Oswald to kill JFK.

Maledict

His final form being capable of accusing Cruz's dad of conspiring with Oswald to kill JFK.

This honestly made me laugh out loud. The Republican primaries have been so, so entertaining this time around - I don't think anyone or anything could have prepared us for this.

Lets goooooo

Michael LaRosa
‏@MichaelLaRosaDC
.@tedcruz: "there's a reason why Donald builds really high buildings and puts his name on them everywhere he goes."

HylianTom

Banned
This honestly made me laugh out loud. The Republican primaries have been so, so entertaining this time around - I don't think anyone or anything could have prepared us for this.
Future generations of PoliGAF will gasp in awe and jealousy at the stories and references of old-timers here who were able to witness this season firsthand.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Trump's reached levels of fuckery that I never even dreamed could exist, let alone be reached.

So if I understand this correctly:
• Trump basically does an IRL retweet of the National Enquirer;
• Cruz rightfully so has an outburst that such an accusation was even considered, never mind said out loud by a major party front runner;

And somehow Trump ended up winning that argument?

• Cruz rightfully so has an outburst that such an accusation was even considered, never mind said out loud by a major party front runner;

Convincingly too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

oh_yes_creepy_loki.gif

I don't know what he's talking about. It's where Fort Wayne is but if his assessment is that its the most populous county that's the rest like how Indiana will vote, he's wrong.
I'm guessing it's because that area has the highest confluence of the warring parties. I'm thinking the people who thought David Long isn't conservative enough (Cruz voters) combined with the manufacturing history of the area (Trump voters).

So if one of them wins that county big, it means that message is resonating with the state the most clearly and they will likely take the state.

I'm watching this Morning Joe segment, and I had to shut my door at work because I'm laughing too loud at the Donald Trump voter who Ted decided to go talk to.

Cruz "America is a better country..."

Voter "Without you.

Cruz "Here's the one question everyone should ask..."

Voter "Are you Canadian?"

This guy is quick.

E92 M3

Mind games. Breaking your opponent psychologically is a tactic.

andthebeatgoeson

Christie offers basically nothing to Trump besides someone else who is as loud and obnoxious as he is.

He offers a legitimate Republican governor. Right now, Trump is hoping for, maybe a state representative or an alderman or something?

I hate Christie, but considering the push against Trump, he'll be the best person. He'll cause havoc at the VP debate. He'll do a hell of a lot better than Ryan did in 2012. Two northeast candidates won't help but who in the South or Midwest can Trump select to prevent some states from flipping?

Maledict

Its the old LBJ pigfucker story. He's dragged Cruz down to his level, and Cruz really, REALLY struggles with the moral outrage defense. It's the same reason Rubio failed - you cannot beat an idiot by being an idiot.

Oddly enough, I think you bat him by being someone like Hillary Clinton - she just needs to stay calm, stand there and outline sensible policy and sensible policy in detail whilst he blusters and talks crap.

Convincingly too.

Fighting back directly against Trump is definitely not the way to go. You have to bait and troll him to come out ahead, like a matador against a bull. I think we saw Clinton do that with the Woman Card thing recently, which is a good sign that she knows how to approach him in the general.

Cruz had a total meltdown.

ivysaur12

Banned

Yes.

I'm using poligaf lingo at work now. Our temp worker system is crap and underwent an upgrade and is more crap. Keep telling everyone it's a mess.

"Hey rustynails, independent contributors can't approve their time sheets now"

"Mess"

Atlagev

Its the old LBJ pigfucker story. He's dragged Cruz down to his level, and Cruz really, REALLY struggles with the moral outrage defense. It's the same reason Rubio failed - you cannot beat an idiot by being an idiot.

Oddly enough, I think you bat him by being someone like Hillary Clinton - she just needs to stay calm, stand there and outline sensible policy and sensible policy in detail whilst he blusters and talks crap.

I think it also works less when he resorts to gendered attacks. I mean, even though I think Carly Fiorina is completely unqualified, when Trump talked about her looks ("Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that?"), it engendered sympathy for her.

I think it also works less when he resorts to gendered attacks. I mean, even though I think Carly Fiorina is completely unqualified, when Trump talked about her looks ("Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that?"), it engendered sympathy for her.

The Trump ticket *badly needs* a female VP to make gender less of an issue in November, because otherwise it's going to completely sink not just the presidential race, but many seats in the house and senate.

Ted Cruz is going into the Rubio territory of not being able to come back from a defeat this humiliating and a meltdown so complete.

Time for pundits to crown Scott Walker for 2020 again before Ted Nugent takes the nomination.

Fuchsdh

The Trump ticket *badly needs* a female VP to make gender less of an issue in November, because otherwise it's going to completely sink not just the presidential race, but many seats in the house and senate.

Who would go for the job, though? I mean, a shot for VP isn't something to sneeze at, but Trump faces an uphill election fight and I can't imagine a lot of people who are smart enough to be considered for the job are dumb enough to know Trump will be saying similar stuff about you behind your back. It's the "hey do you want to go on this business trip with the skeevy account exec?" question.

Teggy

I watched the Cruz thing from this morning. It didn't sound like an "outburst". It sounded like everything else he does, like it's read from a script with lots of awkward pauses.

I'm watching this Morning Joe segment, and I had to shut my door at work because I'm laughing too loud at the Donald Trump voter who Ted decided to go talk to.

Cruz "America is a better country..."

Voter "Without you.

Cruz "Here's the one question everyone should ask..."

Voter "Are you Canadian?"

This guy is quick.
It wouldn't be so easy if Ted didn't talk so pastorlike and dramatically pause every half sentence or so. Rush Limbaugh does that shit too. So obnoxious.

Gotchaye

Ultimately I think this is just a "Republican primary voters are terrible people" thing again. The reason Trump won the exchange is that enough Republican primary voters love a bully. It's not about Clinton being better at responding to this than Cruz, it's about more than half of the general electorate disapproving of the attack in the first place.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If you're on predicit, now's the time to buy Trump.

It's always time to buy Trump.

Might even be time to buy trump for general election because I'm sure there'll be at least one moment everyone can Diablos over when you can cash in.

Are we watching a man lose his sanity in real time?

Cruz is falling apart. It seems maybe everything just suddenly hit him at once, all that wasted time, all that wasted effort, the deals, the money, everything he's worked for over the last 8 months is crashing down before his eyes due to Donald Trump. And it seems to be breaking him.

This feels like the start of a comic book villain's back story.

Cruz is falling apart. It seems maybe everything just suddenly hit him at once, all that wasted time, all that wasted effort, the deals, the money, everything he's worked for over the last 8 months is crashing down before his eyes due to Donald Trump. And it seems to be breaking him.

Ted Cruz was the chosen one. Tea party favorite and hero to anyone who wanted to watch the washington playbook burn. He was supposed to destroy the liberals.

Goodstyle

That's what happens when you honestly think God wants you to be president. He thought that he could win if he believed hard enough, but it turns out reality doesn't work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom