• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheSaidNo

I made a lazy, ill-timed, un-funny, cliched and shitty joke that I shouldn't have made.

Hillary asked for nothing from Obama in 2008 except for help with her campaign debt. She asked for his donor list, and her support was not contingent upon that. She demanded no platform concession that I'm aware of, and I was (as I am now) Hardcore team Queen.

You don't think her appointment to secretary of state was part of that?

You don't think her appointment to secretary of state was part of that?

Absolutely not, considering she turned it down once before she agreed to accept it. She wanted to go back to the Senate. That was her plan. She only took the SoS job after President Obama asked a 2nd time. There was no quid pro quo.

SheSaidNo

Absolutely not, considering she turned it down once before she agreed to accept it. She wanted to go back to the Senate. That was her plan. She only took the SoS job after President Obama asked a 2nd time. There was no quid pro quo.

Yeah I'm sure haha, thats all political posturing. Lots of politicians say they turned down or do not want a job before they take it. There was also the roll call thing at the convention. Also speaking roles for both the clintons at the convention

After weeks of maneuvering aimed at producing a display of unity when Democrats gather in Denver later this month, Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign announced yesterday that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton will be formally nominated and her name included in a roll-call vote at the Democratic National Convention.
The move represented the latest, and potentially most important, symbolic gesture by Obama to Clinton supporters, and could blunt the threat of an upheaval on the convention floor. Some Clinton backers have threatened to stage a walkout or leave Denver altogether after she speaks on Aug. 26 to protest what they view as a flawed and sexist party nominating process.

Clinton's people, if not her specifically, obviously lobbied on her behalf to get her some sort of substantial posting. I think it's probably naive to think she wanted nothing for her support.

But Sanders would make a poor Cabinet Secretary. And his policy positions are often wrong, unworkable or devoid of necessary detail. So it's untenable to give him either.

He's shifted the rhetoric, but not the positions of Clinton for the most part.
I think I've pointed out before that Clinton has moved 0.1L more towards the liberal side based on CrowdPac scores over the last year and a bit.
Which is good. Because you don't win the general election on the electoral edges.
And while he's been an obstacle, beating Sanders is not the endgame.

Bowdz

Yeah I'm sure haha, thats all political posturing. Lots of politicians say they turned down or do not want a job before they take it. There was also the roll call thing at the convention

Read Gamechange. All accounts, from Clinton to Obama to insiders in both camps, reiterate the same thing: Clinton didn't want any cabinet post. She wanted to return to the Senate and she turned down Obama's SoS offer the first time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What exactly is Kasich even doing at this point

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
More anecdotes from rural (and I mean fucking rural) Indiana today: it is shocking how few political signs I've seen. Two Trumps, two Kasichs and a single Cruz. Either no-one here is happy with anyone or everyone is super careful their neighbors have no idea who they support

Kasich is on a Dinner's Drive-Ins and Dives Political Special.

We have good food in Ohio, but we don't feed him. We make him get his food elsewhere.

:)

WERK!

Cleveland is still a big mess. I wish the GOP was holding their convention at Brown's stadium. If it fell off the face of the earth, maybe we wouldn't have to have a season. :(
Adam.. We want them to bomb.. We need them and Philly to bomb..

Two top 5 picks Adam thanks to Philly. (Bomb Philly.. You have no heroes., your greatest champion is a fake boxed)

Imagine us adding Raekwon McMillan.. Imagine!! That's what early mock drafts for next year have,

We'd have a LB who would go hit someone in the mouth and not get trucked and an Ohio State player not playing in Pittsburgh for once..

Lyndsey Graham has already conceded the General Election, lmao.

"You want to be the leader of the friggin' free world, and you're yearning for dictators," Graham said on Tuesday of his former GOP rival. "I'm a Republican, and my party has lost its way, in terms of the Donald."

"The next president of the United States, whoever she may be," will have to take on radical Islam, he said.
http://www.businessinsider.com/lindsey-graham-donald-trump-dictators-2016-5

BWAHAHAHA

Welcome Back, Adam.

WHERE WE AT TONIGHT? IMA GET FCKED OIP WIYH MY GAYS IN HERE

RR1WuBO.gif

thcsquad

I'm going to go on the record and say I'm skeptical that Lake County having record turnout is necessarily good news for Hillary. This is Gary, which has been hit hard for the same reasons as Detroit. If Bernie's anti-trade message worked in Michigan, it could easily work in Gary.

I hope I'm wrong.

Did anyone release specific benchmarks for Lake County? I want to see if I'm right later tonight.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also I heard Rush Limbaugh yesterday argue that the government should force polling organizations that post inaccurate polls to pay $50,000 fines for each point they are off from the actual polling returns.

I almost crashed my car. Like I'm sure he was being sarcastic but the underlying sentiment that polling organizations need accountability was just wat

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also I heard Rush Limbaugh yesterday argue that the government should force polling organizations that post inaccurate polls to pay $50,000 fines for each point they are off from the actual polling returns.

I almost crashed my car. Like I'm sure he was being sarcastic but the underlying sentiment that polling organizations need accountability was just wat

LOL...not how statistics work, Rush.

I'm going to go on the record and say I'm skeptical that Lake County having record turnout is necessarily good news for Hillary. This is Gary, which has been hit hard for the same reasons as Detroit. If Bernie's anti-trade message worked in Michigan, it could easily work in Gary.

I hope I'm wrong.

Did anyone release specific benchmarks for Lake County? I want to see if I'm right later tonight.

Benchmark Politics has Lake at ~63% for Hillary.

What's still weird to me is how well those attacks worked in Michigan and yet not so much in Ohio.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I just spit out my drink. I don't think I've ever actually done that before

alternade

THANK YOU

ADAM IS BACK, THE WORLD IS RIGHT AGAIN

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

IM DRIPPING WET
WITH EXCITEMENT!!!

I NEED SOME CRAKCERs FOR MY SOUP

Why is no one posting exit polls

They're all just boring demo stuff right now.

Like, 50% want to continue Obama's policies, 38% want to be more liberal, 10% more conservative.

Um, 78% Dem, 22% Independent, and 2% of those independents are Republicans.

Marist had it at 70/29, so that bodes well for Queen.

Clinton's people, if not her specifically, obviously lobbied on her behalf to get her some sort of substantial posting. I think it's probably naive to think she wanted nothing for her support.

But Sanders would make a poor Cabinet Secretary. And his policy positions are often wrong, unworkable or devoid of necessary detail. So it's untenable to give him either.

He's shifted the rhetoric, but not the positions of Clinton for the most part.
I think I've pointed out before that Clinton has moved 0.1L more towards the liberal side based on CrowdPac scores over the last year and a bit.
Which is good. Because you don't win the general election on the electoral edges.
And while he's been an obstacle, beating Sanders is not the endgame.

It's not a cabinet position, but he should be the U.S. Ambassador to Sweden.

tmarg

Schilling is a jackass, but leaving him out of a 2004 sox documentary is extremely suspicious. He was one of the biggest story lines. Also. ESPN is also a bunch of jackasses, so it's not unthinkable that they are trying to screw him.

Bowdz

If Bernie really wanted to have a positive impact on the Democratic party, he'd be put in charge of midterm fundraising and registration. If he really can energize the youth needes to roll the GOP, than put his expertise to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom