• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bernie really wanted to have a positive impact on the Democratic party, he'd be put in charge of midterm fundraising and registration. If he really can energize the youth needes to roll the GOP, than put his expertise to use.

That doesn't work because Bernie and his most vocal supporters only wants to support people he agrees with not any Dem candidate which is what we would need.

I don't really think there's any indication he wants to run midterm gotv or help fundraising for anyone notliberalenough. Although I guess we'll see post primary.

I expect him to just JohnMcCain back to the Senate.

Something different for y'all

hGudfkZ.gif

Keep it up Clinton!

If Bernie really wanted to have a positive impact on the Democratic party, he'd be put in charge of midterm fundraising and registration. If he really can energize the youth needes to roll the GOP, than put his expertise to use.

His whole deal is over-promising and saying the DNC isn't progressive enough. A few cycles tops and he'd just be another "Washington corporate shill."

The GOP is going to have no chance of actually making sense of when Trump gets crushed.

Ted Cruz and his allies will say that the loss was the predictable result of failure to nominate a true conservative. Faced with two essentially similar candidates like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, conservatives chose to stay home. To win in 2020, they will say, Republicans must abandon moderation and the desire for "deals" and nominate a stalwart, no-compromise conservative like Cruz.

Establishment Republicans will say the problem is that the party let the clowns take over, and must return power to the adults in the room like Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio, instead of toxic candidates like Trump and Cruz. They will not address the problem that orthodox Republican policy prescriptions are unconvincing even to voters in the Republican primary, let alone the general electorate.

Trump and his fans will say that the Republican establishment sabotaged Trump by withholding their support, hoping they could quash his insurgency by manufacturing a wide loss to Hillary Clinton. They will not go away quietly.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-nomination-gop-crisis-2016-5

Iolo

Either a legit horrid exit (which is fine given no early voting and young bias) or a blowout and polling miss about to hit.

I guess this is what @benchmarkpol was complaining about a bit earlier vis-a-vis the exit polls. Nail-biting!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

thcsquad

Benchmark Politics has Lake at ~63% for Hillary.

What's still weird to me is how well those attacks worked in Michigan and yet not so much in Ohio.

Me neither. I'll note, though, that she missed her benchmarks more in Cook County (58-53) than she actually did in Wayne County (62-60). I don't know how much of the Cook County change was the Rahm/Chuy effect, but I wouldn't be surprised if her margin in Lake County went down a few points. I guess record turnout there is still good news for her, but the more the margin goes down, the easier it will be for Bernie gains in other counties to eat into it.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
BenchmarkPolitics said:
First votes are coming in. These are most likely going to be early votes. AS such they are favoring Clinton on the Dem side

We are going to have to wait for awhile are we not?

thefro

Yeah, I think that exit poll on the Dem side is wrong, lol.

Pretty good cross-section of counties in with some early vote totals already.

Delaware County (Ball State University) should be Bernie country if he's going to win and he's down early. Bernie only up in Monroe out of the few so far (Bloomington/Indiana University).

Trump's winning big. Cruz might have a shot at winning the 3rd Congressional district but he's screwed everywhere else.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
What state?

Indiana.

The Dem side was already over, but this basically ends the Republican side, and gives Trump more leeway on future contests to get a majority of the delegates.

Hazmat

A quick call for Clinton would be nice, but last week's reversed call in Conneticut (I think?) was fun too. A nailbiter with nothing really on the line but bragging rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom