• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

shem935

Banned
A quick call for Clinton would be nice, but last week's reversed call in Conneticut (I think?) was fun too. A nailbiter with nothing really on the line but bragging rights.

Not reversed I think just switched leads twice. Hillary's counties took a while to come in.

ChkNJsGUYAAgmFF.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
A quick call for Clinton would be nice, but last week's reversed call in Conneticut (I think?) was fun too. A nailbiter with nothing really on the line but bragging rights.

Sounds like Benchmark is going to call it at 7:00 EST for both sides.
They have done remarkably well this primary (sans Michigan that fucked over all pollsters).

Hazmat

Not reversed I think just switched leads twice. Hillary's counties took a while to come in.

I thought someone called one of them wrong early for Sanders when a lot of Clinton districts were still out and they had to reverse it. Maybe I'm imagining it.

@DouthatNYT 51m51 minutes ago
A personal aside: I never thought of certain Trumpistas as my allies, but I accepted their claim to be more *ideological* than myself.

@DouthatNYT 48m48 minutes ago
That was incorrect. It turns out reformocons and RINO squishes are WAY more conservative than many professional TrueCons.

This is basically why trump is winning. The party (Establishment, RINOs, Think Tank righters) is more conservative than their voters. Its why the dems lost in the 80s as well. Their voters (or the ones they needed to get a majority) weren't as conservative as them and they misidentified what the people were upset about

Its why is so silly when Cruz says Donald isn't what the GOP is about. Maybe not but he's about your voters. Resentment is all they care about

thefro

Is there a site that shows breakdown by CD? I need to know where these Cruz counties are damnit

3rd congressional district is where Cruz is doing the best and is his best shot at winning some delegates.

I don't think any of the 5th is in, but that shouldn't be good for Cruz given that Johnson County (south of Indianapolis) is close to Hamilton county.

Ah, the Ohio defense, except that time it was for Kasich.

I'm certainly no Sanders supporter fishing for excuses. It's just my impression that Hoosiers especially hate Clinton, Indiana is one of the few semi-competitive states where even Trump has higher favorability, so I'm just vomiting a reason for her win. Pay no mind.

This is basically why trump is winning. The party (Establishment, RINOs, Think Tank righters) is more conservative than their voters. Its why the dems lost in the 80s as well. Their voters (or the ones they needed to get a majority) weren't as conservative as them and they misidentified what the people were upset about

Its why is so silly when Cruz says Donald isn't what the GOP is about. Maybe not but he's about your voters. Resentment is all they care about
The biggest lie the GOP has told themselves is that people support them based on their policies and ideology.

People don't oppose Obamacare because they're against marketplace exchanges or ending discrimination based on pre existing conditions. They hate it because they think it gives free shit to Mexicans and poor people, and uses their tax dollars to directly pay for abortions.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yeah, Benchmark is all but calling it right now. This shit will be over on both sides in 10 minutes.

Iolo

I'm certainly no Sanders supporter fishing for excuses. It's just my impression that Hoosiers especially hate Clinton, Indiana is one of the few semi-competitive states where even Trump has higher favorability, so I'm just vomiting a reason for her win. Pay no mind.

I did not mean any offense. It's just that, to my mind the only state that needs further explaining and analysis was Michigan.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cruz is winning no counties outside of the Fort Wayne area?

Bwahahahahaha

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Fuckorina is crying right now

Help help I've fallen and I can't get up

Seriously what kind of idiot would ally with Ted Cruz in his fucking death throes

Suikoguy

This shit has been over for one side since the South Carolina primary but some people don't want to admit it.

I'm just talking about Indiana. But it does totally end the Republican side too.
They will have to somehow change the rules to take it away from Trump who will have the majority of the delegates.

Crocodile

Ah, the Ohio defense, except that time it was for Kasich.

Anecdotally, I know a lot of my friends crossovered to vote for Kasich against Trump in Ohio. Granted, Kasich is decently popular around here anyway from what I can tell but I think that crossover vote helped Kasich at least a little.

Suikoguy

Didn't benchmark have 50.5%-49.5% Clinton? That's a gutsy call at 7.

Maybe not, they do tend to call it early which bit them in the ass with Michigan.

"Clinton and Trump are uniformly beating benchmarks in Indiana right now."
"Sanders winning St. Joseph's county. That is one of his few overperformances but it is a populated county. Will possibly lower C's margins."
"The incredible thing: Clinton has her current lead with NONE of Lake or Marion County reporting."

Maybe not, they do tend to call it early which bit them in the ass with Michigan.

"Clinton and Trump are uniformly beating benchmarks in Indiana right now."
"Sanders winning St. Joseph's county. That is one of his few overperformances but it is a populated county. Will possibly lower C's margins."
"The incredible thing: Clinton has her current lead with NONE of Lake or Marion County reporting."

Wasn't it Decision Desk HQ that called MI not Benchmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom