• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Trump pretty much won, what would he change in the platform. Much of his plans is against many Republican policies. I bet he would want to take everything over, I would imagine there would be a heated debate in the party and I assume many Republicans wouldn't want anything of Trump in the platform.

VRMN

I read somewhere Democrats would need like 10 million more votes than Republicans in order to take back the House.

It's a percentage that they need to exceed to convert it into a House victory. Either way, it's intrinsically unfavorable to Democrats by a ridiculous margin that the sheer unpopularity of Trump might actually threaten. I'm not saying it's likely; just that I'm wondering if it could be possible if Trump's unfavorability holds or increases even further.

ivysaur12

Banned
Whoa at Bernie taking the lead in Marion. Maybe the exits were right and she's only up by 2 there.

EDIT: Or.

@benchmarkpol
Very few precincts out of Marion reporting, but with Sanders winning, I'm pretty certain it is the whiter, south Marion coming in.

TheFatOne

Man this is starting to approach wildest dreams territory for me. If Trump means the end of the Republican party as we know it than it would complete my wildest dreams. Might actually be able to get consistent long term change if the Republicans go down.

teiresias

Technically no. But the longer it goes the more money and resources are wasted to fight a battle already won when they could be used for a more important battle later on.

Clinton hasn't spent nearly as much money as Bernie has the past few months if I remember right.

zou

Spent a year in Ft. Wayne as an exchange student, think I'm still traumatized :eek:

Edit: This was back in 2000, everyone was a hardcore bush supporter. even the other exchange students were pulling for W (or pretending to). ugh, fun times.

kingkitty

Man this is starting to approach wildest dreams territory for me. If Trump means the end of the Republican party as we know it than it would complete my wildest dreams. Might actually be able to get consistent long term change if the Republicans go down.

I wish more governor races (for Democrats to take) were up in 2016.

Thing is, whatever big gains we get here will face a huge beating in 2018, when Republicans will come roaring back. Unless we somehow improve turnout in the midterms. I am excited about flipping the Supreme Court, that's definite long term.

Why is Bernie talking? And he's still giving the same damn speech he was giving in October

Edit: this we're subsidising corporations never made much sense. They would pay the same wages and the people would just have less money. They don't lower wages because of welfare. They lower them because its profitable.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I dont get it,it does not matter either way.
It doesn't change things in any real sense, but the more states she wins, the more Bernie people will realize that it is over, and maybe they'll stop buying into the divisive attacks and attempts to spin every Bernie loss. I just want things to be over and for all of us to come together and crush Trump. The sooner the better.*

*-Once he has the nomination

TheFatOne

Weavers on MSNBC now.

Thing is, whatever big gains we get here will face a huge beating in 2018. Unless we somehow improve turnout in the midterms. I am excited about flipping the Supreme Court, that's definite long term.

True midterms will continue to be an issue, but like you said the Supreme Court flipping is going to be huge. Going to be able to undo a lot of the bullshit Republicans have forced through. That right there is going to change the course of the U.S. for generations. Eventually if they can undo the gerrymandering bullshit that would help in terms of gaining the House. Baby steps though. Got to get the senate, and win the general first.

So will Trump break 1400 delegates? At this point I could even see him winning the Dakotas and sweeping the remaining map. Cruz is getting thrashed in suburban Indiana, the rout is in full force.

Weaver dodging the 'money launder" slander and saying they didn't use it. Even when it was on their fucking website. Honest campaign my ass.

Quit laundering your slurs by saying you put quotes around it.

lenovox1

Thing is, whatever big gains we get here will face a huge beating in 2018, when Republicans will come roaring back. Unless we somehow improve turnout in the midterms. I am excited about flipping the Supreme Court, that's definite long term.

I hope it takes longer than two years for the Republican party to learn its lessons and implement party wide changes after the rise of Trump. At the very least, I hope that any Republican that dares stick his or her neck out for Trump in '16 gets their asses handed to them in '18.

Cub3h

Banned
Which counties are the ones with higher concentrations of low-information Americans? If those still have to report Hillary can still take this. Doesn't Bernie need a 65-35 blowout to even have a chance of catching up?

Why is Bernie talking? And he's still giving the same damn speech he was giving in October

Edit: this we're subsidising corporations never made much sense. They would pay the same wages and the people would just have less money. They don't lower wages because of welfare. They lower them because its profitable.

Honestly, there's a great discussion to be had about corporate subsidies, but why not talk about... actual corporate subsidies? Welfare accounts for a pretty tiny percentage here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom