• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodstyle

I mean, it didn't really backfire. Bernie will net 2-3 delegates and spent $1.6 million. Hillary no longer needs margins, she just needs raw delegates. 2-3 more delegates aren't worth the money for her at this point.

If Bernie still lost after spending all that money, he would have been totally humiliated. In the end it doesn't matter because Hillary's gonna win the nomination no matter what, but this just gives him and his people more hope which isn't good for Clinton. That means more time that's gonna be wasted on the news talking about Bernie, more time for Bernie and his surrogates to criticize Hillary, and more time until his fans explode when they realize he's lost. I just want Bernie to be yesterday's news already so we can focus on crushing Trump once and for all.

If Bernie still lost after spending all that money, he would have been totally humiliated. In the end it doesn't matter because Hillary's gonna win the nomination no matter what, but this just gives him and his people more hope which isn't good for Clinton. That means more time that's gonna be wasted on the news talking about Bernie, more time for Bernie and his surrogates to criticize Hillary, and more time until his fans explode when they realize he's lost. I just want Bernie to be yesterday's news already so we can focus on crushing Trump once and for all.

Bernie wasn't going to leave anyway. He's not going to drop out. He'll still be negative when it suits him. He'll still ring whatever bells he can to bring in funds, including things like the money laundering thing. It's just what he's decided to do. Nothing would get him to stop, but he's not going to be bringing in bank anymore. I'm pretty sure he's running in the negative. There's no way he spent what he did in April, only raised $25 million and still has cash.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Bernie wasn't going to leave anyway. He's not going to drop out. He'll still be negative when it suits him. He'll still ring whatever bells he can to bring in funds, including things like the money laundering thing. It's just what he's decided to do. Nothing would get him to stop, but he's not going to be bringing in bank anymore. I'm pretty sure he's running in the negative. There's no way he spent what he did in April, only raised $25 million and still has cash.

It could get very interesting depending on how much money he has to return from overseas and over limit donations.

Not watching, is Cruz on stage saying he's going to vote for the guy who called his wife ugly and said his father had a hand in killing Kennedy?

teiresias

If Cruz is really out, then the pressure on Sanders will be, and should be, tremendous to end the Dem side and start coalescing around who everyone knows the inevitable candidate will be. I don't care if Pelosi and Reid have to lock Sanders in a room and explain in excruciating detail how Bernie will be systematically stripped of anything approaching power he has in Congress following November, it has to be done.

Jarmel

Banned
Thank god I didn't put money on Cruz staying until the end of May. I thought it was a lock he would stay in till California.

I don't think a single elected Republican will endorse Clinton because that'd be as toxic in future primaries as voting for the ACA. We'll just hear a smattering of people not voting for Trump and the bulk of the elected politicians will fall in line.

I'm surprised Republicans aren't lining up behind Gary Johnson and the Libertarian party. He was a Republican governor of New Mexico. Are they worried about a Libertarian surge in popularity?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Thank god I didn't put money on Cruz staying until the end of May. I thought it was a lock he would stay in till California.

What were the odds on that? Frankly i'm a bit surprised he dropped out tonight.

GutsOfThor

If Cruz is really out, then the pressure on Sanders will be, and should be, tremendous to end the Dem side and start coalescing around who everyone knows the inevitable candidate will be. I don't care if Pelosi and Reid have to lock Sanders in a room and explain in excruciating detail how Bernie will be systematically stripped of anything approaching power he has in Congress following November, it has to be done.

I agree completely. Trumpf is now going to have a head start on Clinton and she is now going to have to defend on two fronts.

Sanders has got to go.

Emarv

You guys, what if Cruz is misleading voters again about someone dropping out of the race? Only this time, it's Cruz.

rbI9bFf.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
Who had thought the Republican primary would be consolidated before the Democratic one?

Also, I'm of the opinion that it's time for Bernie to drop out after this.

royalan

Agreed.

The pressure for Bernie to drop out or dramatically shift his campaign is going to intensify like crazy after tonight. Hillary is the presumptive Dem nominee and has been for a while. Can't waste time fighting a pointless primary now that Trump and the GOP are about to turn their full attention to Hillary.

Trump can pretty much now entirely worry about the general election. Hillary obviously will win in the end, but she'll will have to defend both against Bernie and Trump now. While partially focusing on the primary. I believe that the risk she took wasn't exactly a good one. She might change plans slightly now. I think Hillary should focus more on the primaries slightly more, but still run a general like campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom