• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
We're past that point. The race is over. We need time for Hillary to not attacked from the right AND the left.

Agreed. I was all for Bernie going to the convention when the Republican side was as well. Now that Trump will pivot to attacking her 100% the Democratic party needs to coalesce behind her. If Bernie hadn't already shown his inability to speak for more than a minute without throwing shade her way I might feel differently.

Chkpl7BU4AAhvnD.jpg

Amazing.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Posted yet? Holy crap, what a tire fire

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...s_indiana_gop_loyalists_prepare_for_doom.html

Former John McCain aide Mark Salter declared his allegiance to Hillary Clinton earlier today.

the GOP is going to nominate for President a guy who reads the National Enquirer and thinks it's on the level. I'm with her.

— Mark Salter (@MarkSalter55) May 3, 2016
RedState blogger Ben Howe, who's promised to phone bank for Clinton if Trump gets the nomination, followed suit.

#ImWithHer

— Ben Howe (@BenHowe) May 3, 2016

Once it became clear that Trump would take Indiana by a landslide, Meghan McCain and Lindsey Graham predicted the party's altogether demise.

I guess when I said in 2012 that my party was going to evolve or it was going to die - it was easier to choose death.

— Meghan McCain (@MeghanMcCain) May 3, 2016
If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed.......and we will deserve it.

— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) May 3, 2016
Now more than ever, members of the #NeverTrump movement have to consider just how far they're willing to go to see their mission through.

#NeverTrump statement: pic.twitter.com/QlcepQmTLL

— Dana Liebelson (@dliebelson) May 3, 2016
If this is night #NeverTrump folks go from supporting Cruz to pushing an indy candidate, remember the Texas ballot deadline is... next week.

— Taniel (@Taniel) May 4, 2016
The Trump Apocalypse may not come to pass, but the Republican party is already preparing for doom.

Never means never. #NeverTrump

— #NeverTrump (@NeverTrumpPAC) May 3, 2016

There are 175 Superdelegates that have yet to endorse.

If Hillary could get 118 of them to pledge to her, and lose every contest between now and May 17th by no more than 20 points.....she can have all the delegates she needs before June.

Reince Priebus ‏@Reince 6m6 minutes ago
.@realDonaldTrump will be presumtive @GOP nominee, we all need to unite and focus on defeating @HillaryClinton #NeverClinton

Reince is going to get blamed for this when this is all said and done

I don't think Sanders gets out before every state votes and he knows damn well that actually going to the convention is a non-starter, so we're looking at either June 8th or June 15th for that.

One entire month left of this shit.

(Though as Adam pointed out, she could become the presumptive nominee as early as two weeks from now.)

The Technomancer

Reince Priebus ‏@Reince 6m6 minutes ago
.@realDonaldTrump will be presumtive @GOP nominee, we all need to unite and focus on defeating @HillaryClinton #NeverClinton

Reince is going to get blamed for this when this is all said and done
I found out that Reince is from my hometown, and used to be my mother's symphony director. He was a shitheel even then apparently

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think I sort of underestimated all of the "implosion" talk but jesus...this might actually kill the Republican party, couldn't it?

If this was a one off thing like 2008, I would say no. But after 2008, 2012, and this primary season I think some eyes have been opened.

Usually you back whoever gets the nomination. But nobody wants to go down with this ship. It can only hurt you in the long run if you're a career politician.

I don't think Sanders gets out before every state votes and he knows damn well that actually going to the convention is a non-starter, so we're looking at either June 8th or June 15th for that.
So long as he stops attacking her and accusing the party of unsubstantiated bullshit I'm okay with this. Problem is, until he officially says "I'm out," the most hardcore will continue the ridiculous talk of a "contested" convention and talk of flipping all the Supers. It will literally never end until she wins on the first ballot. Well, it won't end then, either, but you know what I'm saying.

He has to say it outright.

One entire month left of this shit.

(Though as Adam pointed out, she could become the presumptive nominee as early as two weeks from now.)

Also, on an interesting note, 2008 went exactly like this in the sense that the GOP field cleared early and Clinton took until June to finally drop.

So long as he stops attacking her and accusing the party of unsubstantiated bullshit I'm okay with this. Problem is, until he officially says "I'm out," the most hardcore will continue the ridiculous talk of a "contested" convention and talk of flipping all the Supers. It will literally never end until she wins on the first ballot. Well, it won't end then, either, but you know what I'm saying.

100% agreed.

He needs to continue in order to give priority to his agenda in Hillary´s plan. I dont see any other way tbh. Clinton can be only put into a compromise through popular pressure.

Grief.exe

What the fuck is going on?

In the second sentence Kasich references an open convention, which is beyond delusional at this point.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/john-kasich/whats-next/10153428402125933

Tonight’s results are not going to alter Gov. Kasich’s campaign plans. Our strategy has been and continues to be one that involves winning the nomination at an open convention. The comments from Trump, on the verge of winning in Indiana, heighten the differences between Governor Kasich and his positive, inclusive approach and the disrespectful ramblings from Donald Trump.
Prior to tonight’s primary, the Kasich campaign had already secured a large plurality of Indiana delegates committed to Governor Kasich at a multi-ballot convention as part of the pre-primary delegate selection process.
The Indianapolis Star wrote about our success two weeks ago. You can read about it (here).
Gov. Kasich will remain in the race unless a candidate reaches 1,237 bound delegates before the Convention.
Here’s why:
I. Gov. Kasich remains the candidate best positioned to win a contested convention.
A plurality of Trump delegates will support him after the first ballot.
He can unite the Party better than anyone else. Trump's cynical sowing of division will render the GOP into angry, irrelevant status for decades.
II. Gov. Kasich is the only Republican who can win in November.
Delegates want to win in November, and only Gov. Kasich can defeat Hillary Clinton. According to the Real Clear Politics polling average Clinton leads Trump by more than 6 points on average. Meanwhile, Gov. Kasich leads Clinton by over 7 points. A Trump nomination means the end of a Republican Congress and scores of local, legislative and state constitutional offices will be lost for a generation.
III. Gov. Kasich offers Republicans and Americans a refreshing choice of hope, inclusion and conservative reform.
Nearly 60 percent of GOP voters have voted for a candidate other than Donald Trump. Republican primary voters deserve to have a choice in the remaining contests and we intend to forcefully give them one. Americans overwhelmingly want to vote for Governor Kasich in a general election. A detailed analysis of the Electoral College confirms Governor Kasich is the only one who can win. Both Trump and Cruz would lose to Clinton by considerable margins in a head-to-head race, winning just 210 and 206 Electoral College votes, respectively. By contrast, Kasich comfortably defeats Clinton, racking up 304 Electoral College votes to her 234. Read the full analysis (here).
IV. The future of the Republican Party and America is at stake. Gov. Kasich will not simply give up.
The Mad Hatter Gibberish pushed by Trump during the primary would weaken America. His proposals would divide us, put American workers in the unemployment line and put our national security at risk. And a Clinton presidency would be at least four more years of international drift, a liberal Supreme Court, and more big government at the expense of job creators, entrepreneurs and families.
V. Gov. Kasich has the experience, vision and leadership abilities needed in our next President.
A Kasich Presidency means a conservative Supreme Court; the return of money, power and influence to the states; a balanced budget and tax reduction, unleashing job creators; faith that our nation’s challenges can be solved by families and local communities; and a White House that prioritizes doing what’s right over what’s political expedient.
This is the stark choice that confronts Republicans between now and when a nominee is chosen in Cleveland. Gov. Kasich looks forward to continuing to compete with Donald Trump in the upcoming primaries through California on June 7th.

royalan

If Bernie is going to stay in then the rest of the party needs to go HAM attacking him so that Hillary can focus on the general.

Normally I'd say openly trying to force him out of the race would be bad. But at this point I honestly don't know if that's worse allowing him to continue running against her as he has. He's already demonstrated his inability to change his rhetoric, and he's already done a bang-up job legitimizing Trump's attacks by reflecting them from Hillary's left.

The Technomancer

2018 will end with them in control of both houses of congress and most of the states, they aren't going to die at the local level.

I'm starting to think Trump is going to hurt the downticket more this election than I had previously estimated. He's so utterly polarizing within the party, a candidate who actively aligns with him or actively pivots away from him is screwed either way

Plot twist: John Kasich breaks out in a murderous rage after Trump insults his diet, stabs Trump to death, leading to Rubio taking the nomination at a contested convention.

Wilsongt

There are 175 Superdelegates that have yet to endorse.

If Hillary could get 118 of them to pledge to her, and lose every contest between now and May 17th by no more than 20 points.....she can have all the delegates she needs before June.

Superdelegates don't count.

He needs to continue in order to give priority to his agenda in Hillary´s plan. I dont see any other way tbh. Clinton can be only put into a compromise through popular pressure.

I don't want to sound like an ass....but the Democratic party has decided which policy platform we prefer. It is Hillary's, not Bernie's. He wants to influence that platform, he can drop and endorse her and Hillary will be more than gracious. No one can ever, ever accuse her of not being 100% behind Obama once he secured the nomination.

To quote House of Cards, Bernie is entitled to nothing. (Again, I don't mean that in a dickish way.)

kirblar

Popular pressure = winning a majority of the popular vote.

He has failed to do that.
So I guess Utah is in play in November?!
Yuuuuuuup.

I forgot I bet my friend Trump would be the nominee.

Now he says its my fault that I made that bet that we are going to get 8 years of a Trump presidency.

And now he's so sure Trump is going to win it all now that we did a double or nothing bet. I'll pay him double if Trump wins

Losing 80$ will be the least of my worries if Trump wins the presidency. I'll take that bet every day of the week.

hawk2025

On the left, a number of people are saying they refuse to vote for her.

The center vote is wide open.

Why should she turn left instead of towards the center, again?

I'm starting to think Trump is going to hurt the downticket more this election than I had previously estimated. He's so utterly polarizing within the party, a candidate who actively aligns with him or actively pivots away from him is screwed either way

He will, but 2018 is an impossible map for the Democrats to defend in the Senate and they can't retain the House (if they even take it) in a mid-term election with a President Hillary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom