• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've of two minds: a) losing is supposed to taste like a shit taco, but b) being gracious in victory really can help. We should take a few planks of what he's saying because they are popular with people who will be voting for the party in the future. Should he shape the platform entirely? No, he lost. Should we try and mine what he has for good? Sure.

Should we adopt his rhetoric on Wall Street? No.

Bingo.

Coal sucks. If she gave that industry lip service she'd be shit on for doing that as well.

It was a stupid way to say it, there's a reason she's been trying to walk it back. Smart politicians don't say that they are trying to put entire industries out of business when they employ many voters in states you want to win.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Where's my credit for being first on the Trump train?

Trouble

Banned
Where's my credit for being first on the Trump train?

96JwQHQ.png

Hazmat

Or tell him he can drop unless he wants ads cut talking about how he's working to get Trump elected.

He's got a martyr/victim complex, attacking him would only make him dig in deeper. They need to tell him that if he wants to make a deal the time is now, because after California he can get fucked. He has the most leverage he has ever and will ever have, he'd be a fool not to use it, but I already mentioned his martyr/victim complex.

The coal thing is lose/lose. She'll anger the locals if she says the truth, but if she looks apologetic towards the industry she'll get hammered for it too. Think she just has to take the L on that one, though I appreciate she had a nuanced explanation for people looking for it.

Valhelm

contribute something
If i was the DNC I would be on the phone with Berns wheelin an dealin telling him what planks he gets in exchange for dropping tomorrow.

I wonder if picking Bernie as VP would strengthen her against Trump, especially with white independents.

The coal thing is lose/lose. She'll anger the locals if she says the truth, but if she looks apologetic towards the industry she'll get hammered for it too. Think she just has to take the L on that one, though I appreciate she had a nuanced explanation for people looking for it.

She didn't need to offer up a soundbite that would blow up in her face. It was just ineptly done. And no one of consequence would really have cared if she was apologetic towards coal.

watershed

Banned
I honestly thought Cruz would go to the convention and see what could happen there. I guess he would rather think about his own political future which makes sense.

Valhelm

contribute something
No. She's going to lose the racist angry white vote anyway.

What I fear are non-racists siding with Trump because they truly believe him to be more sincere or whatever.

Bernie as VP brings nothing to the ticket and does nothing for future elections. It's not happening.

Disagree massively. Bernie Sanders has amassed a pretty big cordon of unlikely Democratic voters, in his mix of millennial non-voters and working class white men. There's a good chance that these voters won't support Hillary in the general election, but his VP nod could push them to this. In addition, because both Trump and Hillary Clinton are from the same state, there's less need to regionally balance. Choosing a black or Hispanic VP would be a lot better for symbolically, but because Trump is so wildly racist, these voters will already support Clinton in large numbers.

shem935

Banned
What I fear are non-racists siding with Trump because they truly believe him to be more sincere or whatever.

Can you imagine the supercut of all the heinous shit donald has said over the past year? Then you get to Hillary and its like nothing. "Oh emails though..." please.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Coal is a dying industry. Her appeasing them will only further anger progressives who think she's not to the left enough.

Coal is a shrinking industry, I think it still has some industrial applications like creating Silicone.

Coal is a dying industry. Her appeasing them will only further anger progressives who think she's not to the left enough.

There is no such voting bloc on the left that is overly concerned with coal. There is nothing to be won by going after the coal industry in such a manner, and Clinton herself has realized this.

itschris

So, now that the Republican race is over, is it possible that a lot of Republicans and independents that would have voted in that primary will vote in the Democratic one instead? That seems like it could improve Bernie's numbers. Not enough to win the nomination or anything, but maybe California could end up being closer than the current polling.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So, now that the Republican race is over, is it possible that a lot of Republicans and independents that would have voted in that primary will vote in the Democratic one instead? That seems like it could improve Bernie's numbers. Not enough to win the nomination or anything, but maybe California could end up being closer than the current polling.

But we need to have all Open Primaries so this can be assured to happen in future elections at a larger scale!

No. People who want to vote Trump will still do so to say they did. it is a moment in their eyes.

Conversely, Never Trump GOP may want to cross over and support Hillary more as a protest vote/continue the NeverTrump movement.

And that will end up being 5 votes but still.

So now all of my republican friends are all about Trump texting me that he is better then someone under investigation by the FBI. how do you guys deal with that shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom