• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will, but 2018 is an impossible map for the Democrats to defend in the Senate and they can't retain the House (if they even take it) in a mid-term election with a President Hillary.
With Trump and Cruz out of the picture that's likely, unless they change the playbook. Which frankly speaking they needed to three years ago. I'm guessing they won't, but their margins are going to keep coming down if they don't, even if they win big in the mid terms again.

One Utah Representative here has compared Trump to Mussolini so, uhh, it's going to be fascinating at least for Utah.

Doug Owens should win comfortably though with Trump leading the ticket.

I don't want to sound like an ass....but the Democratic party has decided which policy platform we prefer. It is Hillary's, not Bernie's. He wants to influence that platform, he can drop and endorse her and Hillary will be more than gracious. No one can ever, ever accuse her of not being 100% behind Obama once he secured the nomination.

To quote House of Cards, Bernie is entitled to nothing. (Again, I don't mean that in a dickish way.)

Is not Sanders that is entitled to something, more like his voters. "Winners take it all" is not a philosophy that should work with the Dems.

Over 40% of the voters have decided they prefer Bernie´s platform. To ignore them wouldnt be wise for the people in charge of the party. It would create a rift that sooner or later would explode in the face of the party.

The differences between Bernie and Hillary are deeply ideological, nothing similar to what happened with her and Obama.

TheFatOne

TYT already putting that rumor out that if Clinton is indicted the super delegates will pick Biden. Man these people are seriously delusional. Cenk is saying that's what he's hearing in D.C. just pure ass. Dems aren't that stupid. This is why TYT is garbage. Use anecdotal evidence to scare your viewers it's the same bullshit tactic Fox news does that they cry about.

I'm just ecstatic that the Buckleyite wing and the radical Christian wing have been repudiated soundly here in this cycle. Trump's victory signals that, no matter how disastrous he would be as POTUS, there is a large enough amount of voters in the GOP, maybe a plurality, that reject shitbird economic policy and, to some degree, understand that big government is necessary to keep an economically prosperous working and middle class, even if they would never admit such.

Oh, and they give zero fucks about radical Christian theology when it comes down to being able to live a decent life with food on the table right here on earth.

Iolo

Is not Sanders that is entitled to something, more like his voters. "Winners take it all" is not a philosophy that should work with the Dems.

Over 40% of the voters have decided they prefer Bernie´s platform. To ignore them wouldnt be wise for the people in charge of the party. It would create a rift that sooner or later would explode in the face of the party.

The differences between Bernie and Hillary are deeply ideological, nothing similar to what happened with her and Obama.

No, the differences between Bernie and Hillary are practically quibbles, compared to Democrats and Republicans, especially Trump.

By this logic democrats should demand their policies when elected because 50% of the country votes for republicans

I'm just ecstatic that the Buckleyite wing and the radical Christian wing have been repudiated soundly here in this cycle. Trump's victory signals that, no matter how disastrous he would be as POTUS, there is a large enough amount of voters in the GOP, maybe a plurality, that reject shitbird economic policy and, to some degree, understand that big government is necessary to keep an economically prosperous working and middle class, even if they would never admit such.

Oh, and they give zero fucks about radical Christian theology when it comes down to being able to live a decent life with food on the table right here on earth.

I mean, Trump hates the minimum wage, supports bringing health care back to the W-era, and wants the biggest tax cut in recorded history for the top 1%.

It did show that Republicans care more about racism than conservative ideology or religion.

teiresias

You know how those 40% can stop being ignored? Vote in some damn midterms rather gathering around your cult of personality every four years and ignoring the governance of this country the rest of the time.

ivysaur12

Banned
It's over. This isn't about demands anymore. This is about how we need to band together to stop Trump. We nominated Hillary Clinton, and we need Hillary Clinton to stop Trump. She is literally our only hope.

I mean, Trump hates the minimum wage, supports bringing health care back to the W-era, and wants the biggest tax cut in recorded history for the top 1%.

It did show that Republicans care more about racism than conservative ideology or religion.

Oh, yeah. But his base doesn't get that he wants to do that. They see him as a guy who will protect their jobs and make them economically sound. All I've wanted for years now was for the National Review set to finally get it that even their own base thinks their economic ideas suck. Having a Pat Robertson-esque whack job like Ted Cruz get his ass whipped in the process was just a bonus.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
By this logic democrats should demand their policies when elected because 50% of the country votes for republicans

I've of two minds: a) losing is supposed to taste like a shit taco, but b) being gracious in victory really can help. We should take a few planks of what he's saying because they are popular with people who will be voting for the party in the future. Should he shape the platform entirely? No, he lost. Should we try and mine what he has for good? Sure.

Should we adopt his rhetoric on Wall Street? No.

ivysaur12

Banned
I've of two minds: a) losing is supposed to taste like a shit taco, but b) being gracious in victory really can help. We should take a few planks of what he's saying because they are popular with people who will be voting for the party in the future. Should he shape the platform entirely? No, he lost. Should we try and mine what he has for good? Sure.

Yes. This.

I'm with you, i'm just saying that 40% doesn't entitle you to anything. Its smart not to ignore though. Its not guarenteed

Wow. Trump is a really nice guy! Affable and likable when he wants to be. No wonder he's so good at deals. He just complimented Cruz for being tough candidate and said he has a beautiful family. What sportsmanship. When the fight's over, no bad blood (on his side).

These people always existed in the party and they almost always amounted to a whole lot of nothing.

The most recent one was Dean. Then Nader. Then Jerry Brown. Etc.

shem935

Banned
If i was the DNC I would be on the phone with Berns wheelin an dealin telling him what planks he gets in exchange for dropping tomorrow.

Cruz spent the final day of his campaign defending his dad from allegations he hug out with Lee Harvey Oswald.

Then he gets to hear the guy who brought that up, called him "Lyin' Ted" every step of the way, say he's a great guy.

If that doesn't push a man to Zodiac, I don't know what will.

I say you have a point, but most of those 40% are going to vote for her anyway. The rest that don't are independent, barely vote, and probably wouldn't vote for Hillary anyway. Based on that they really don't have to. Plus, allowing Bernie to effect the platform could have questionable results. The some of the stuff he wants is completely stupid and short-sighted. In addition to that Hillary would have to really defend against unrealistic policies, policies that she won't do in the first place. Why should she run on something that you absolutely know for sure she won't do? That'll make her look even more dishonest.

Someone broke into my car and stole two dollars worth of quarters, lmao.

He left a toolbox he stole on the ground with his fingerprints all over it, come the fuck on, man.

Fox318

Hispanics hate your guts, Donald.

Fv2oKfZ.jpg

Thats at least 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom