• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, Bernie sounds legit pissed. Probably had a few less than complimentary phone calls this evening. At least accept this gracefully, man.
So now all of my republican friends are all about Trump texting me that he is better then someone under investigation by the FBI. how do you guys deal with that shit?
We laugh since there's zero evidence that that's going to turn into anything (because it won't). Also, he has a fraud case pending and god knows how many other lawsuits, if you want to go head-to-head with them!

I hope PredictIt takes bets on who will win individual states in the electoral college because I want to get a little cash down on Arizona turning blue this cycle.

Holmes

Sanders tonight assumed the parasitic role that Clinton had back in 2008.

tumblr_inline_o4gz2j3s2X1s349q9_500.gif

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sanders tonight assumed the parasitic role that Clinton had back in 2008.

tumblr_inline_o4gz2j3s2X1s349q9_500.gif

Only he really has no chance, where Clinton has a small one.

I honestly think this could be his shitty personality showing.

Bowdz

I don't like Bernie anymore. If he dialed back the fucking negativity this wouldn't be bad.

Agreed.

He can stay in until June 7th, but leave this whole money laundering shit out of it and actually talk about the issues you wanted to in the beginning. Not everything has to be a comparison with Clinton. It's like once he went negative, he can walk it back.

shem935

Banned
I don't like Bernie anymore. If he dialed back the fucking negativity this wouldn't be bad.

No sorry the guy needs to drop. It's not about staying on message anymore, it's about Trump. He has no realistic path forward, he is wasting money, not only of his donors but Hillary's as well, and is pulling away the only viable nominee from focusing on a critical general election. The time has come and gone for him to preach his message. He has had a year and a half to do it and we get it by now. The smart play would be to bargain for planks in the platform and start campaigning against Trump. This is his ego making decisions like it was for Clinton in 08. The difference being the stakes are much higher now and his path forward is the stuff of fairy tales.

Holmes

LOL John King on CNN right now showing how Trump can win the election, saying Clinton will have to defend PA, MI, and WI. lol My husband is eating it up and is bitching about how he's not voting for Clinton now.

Hillary went out and campaigned like hell and made unity speeches. Will Bernie do the same?

I honestly don't know if I want him to. He's got a lot of baggage, and none of it got thrown at him. And his choice of surrogates and special brand of gaffes aren't really needed. He and his people keep taking Democratic PoCs and women for granted since they keep saying those voters are a lock. Sure, this cycle they are, but why not cater to your base? I just fail to see a reason for worrying over a predominantly white voting bloc when you're a Democrat. Drive up minority turnout by unapologetically running the candidate that performed best with that particular demographic.

With demographic trends the way they are, locking up even more PoC and women in the DNC is the better approach. Chasing independents is so 2004.

Even CNN folk, the lords of DEAD HEAT this year, seems to be blowing off Sanders completely now. He's just not in the discussions. This is as it should be.

Bernie is not getting VP. It would be the wrong choice and a terrible choice. He offers nothing to the ticket. The overwhelming majority of his supporters will vote Democrat anyway.
CNN being desperate to create dead heat narrative with GE saying Rust Belt is in play.
To be fair, it's literally the only way Trump has any shot at a win. Even if it's practically impossible, it's still the only winning strategy available. And, as he showed, he could flip 3-4 stages and still lose. The GOP is at an absolutely massive electoral disadvantage that can only be fixed by bringing in minority voters. Maybe. They maxed out their potential with Whites in 2012.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
LOL John King on CNN right now showing how Trump can win the election, saying Clinton will have to defend PA, MI, and WI. lol My husband is eating it up and is bitching about how he's not voting for Clinton now.

Yeah

yeah Trump has a real chance in fucking Wisconsin

User1608

Banned
No sorry the guy needs to drop. It's not about staying on message anymore, it's about Trump. He has no realistic path forward, he is wasting money, not only of his donors but Hillary's as well, and is pulling away the only viable nominee from focusing on a critical general election. The time has come and gone for him to preach his message. He has had a year and a half to do it and we get it by now. The smart play would be to bargain for planks in the platform and start campaigning against Trump. This is his ego making decisions like it was for Clinton in 08. The difference being the stakes are much higher now and his path forward is the stuff of fairy tales.
Yeah, that makes sense. Need party unity...

Even CNN folk, the lords of DEAD HEAT this year, seems to be blowing off Sanders completely now. He's just not in the discussions. This is as it should be.

Bernie is not getting VP. It would be the wrong choice and a terrible choice. He offers nothing to the ticket. The overwhelming majority of his supporters will vote Democrat anyway.
To be fair, it's literally the only way Drumpf has any shot at a win. Even if it's practically impossible, it's still the only winning strategy available. And, as he showed, he could flip 3-4 stages and still lose. The GOP is at an absolutely massive electoral disadvantage that can only be fixed by bringing in minority voters. Maybe. They maxed out their potential with Whites in 2012.

I still want Perez. His ties to labor are a good branch back to the union types who've been feeling left out of the economic recovery. And he's got a lot of youth in him, plus he doesn't jeopardize a Congressional seat.

Yeah

yeah Drumpf has a real chance in fucking Wisconsin

I really hate the horse-race pushing media. Every electoral map that people draw up now grudgingly gives the Dems like 238 electoral votes, but that's letting states like PA and MI get counted as swing states. To be more honest, the Dems only need to pick up like 30 electoral votes to win. If a Dem wins FL, you could call the election on that result. Or Ohio. Or Virginia now. Or North Carolina.

The electoral map is a road of landmines that the GOP has to run through. Step on a single one (lose any swing state) and they're done.

Bowdz

Trump has a better chance than we think.

The demographics didn't just magically change. He has a very small chance of winning barring something extraordinary happening. The polls will certainly tighteb, but Trump's negative with Hispanics alone will lose him FL and NV.

I still want Perez. His ties to labor are a good branch back to the union types who've been feeling left out of the economic recovery. And he's got a lot of youth in him, plus he doesn't jeopardize a Congressional seat.

I agree, I think that dude would be absolutely perfect. Appease the left, hype up Latinos, and set him up for a future Presidential run. He also has experience leading in the executive branch. Can't really ask for much better in a VP.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sanders victory getting erased by Trumps win/Cruz dropout, i feel kinda bad for the guy

Even if those two things didn't happen his win was really a loss since he didn't hit his targets. At this point it's less about wins and more about hitting delegate targets. Hell, wins along haven't mattered since Super Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom