• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
It's listed merely as a May 2016 debate, TBD on the Democrats website.

It'd be easy to cancel. Or change to one of those interview forums.

studyguy

This is going to be a long shitty month. Its so stupid HIllary will have to probably invest in California

I actually got canvassed in CA by a Hillary dem (like a week and change ago?). He wasn't doing anything more than ensuring people were registered to vote and asking them to vote down the dem ticket, but she's out here already.

Effect

They agreed to one already apparently a while back.
It's happening. What anyone gets out of it is... ?

The DNC site has it set for May 2016, location TBD

It serves no point at all now. They might as well canceled it if no location has been announced. Even then she should just back out of it. If you haven't made up your mind by now to bad. There has been enough time spent on the positions with these two.

Effect

Maybe trump should've lost last night. I wanted a convention shit storm :(

We could still get it. From what I understand the rules can be changed right before the convention. However I don't see Priebus doing it though. He's far to weak to pull something like that.

What will be interesting to see is the Never Trump push. Does it end or do they actually work on trying to get republicans to vote Dem or some other party. I really do think there are republicans that do not want to be attached at all to Trump in any manner.

Time for Bernie to drop. Someone knock some sense into him.

He won't. Don't think he cares.

What the DNC and Hillary can do is just shift to general election mode if they haven't already. Make sure they win California. If Obama could come out and officially endorse that might be the final nail and Sanders might get that message. As said before if this was close (and historic) like in 2008 it would be a different situation but it's not. Not at all.

We could still get it. From what I understand the rules can be changed right before the convention. However I don't see Priebus doing it though. He's far to weak to pull something like that.

What will be interesting to see is the Never Trump push. Does it end or do they actually work on trying to get republicans to vote Dem or some other party. I really do think there are republicans that do not want to be attached at all to Trump in any manner.

Reince Priebus ‏@Reince 15h15 hours ago
.@realDonaldTrump will be presumptive @GOP nominee, we all need to unite and focus on defeating @HillaryClinton #NeverClinton

benjipwns

Banned
Even Hillary supporters don't want the next Democratic nominee to drop out!
what_should_sanders_do_about_his_campaign_for_president-_chartbuilder_261683a15a58537d73315367cdccdd50.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

what_should_sanders_do_about_his_campaign_for_president-_clinton_voters_sanders_voters_chartbuilder_2_28a478cecc8e8650727447d3613b3f10.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

It's dead, they've capitulated to Trump. Many won't endorse Trump or campaign for him, but there's no sign of organized opposition to him from within the party anymore.

bananas

Banned
Guys, calm down about Sanders. He'll be a minor inconvenience for the next two months, at worst.

Nobody will remember him come November.

Guys, calm down about Sanders. He'll be a minor inconvenience for the next two months, at worst.

Nobody will remember him come November.

It is his actions and words that matter now if he wants to stay until Cali. Just need to say for example "well CLinton wants $12/hour min wage, but I would prefer a stronger $15/hr; however no matter what, Clinton's $12/hour position is a perfectly acceptable when we compare it to the Trump and the GOP's position of wanting no minimum wage so they can continue to line the pockets of their Billionaire friends (true or not, just say it)"

Ugh y'all scared me with the "we are DEFINITELY going to a brokered convention" talk after Wisconsin so I took out all of my shares. It's crazy everyone was talking about how narrow Trump's path was when Sam wang still saw him definitely getting over 1237.

How long until Trump leaks something he is not supposed to?

Ugh y'all scared me with the "we are DEFINITELY going to a brokered convention" talk after Wisconsin so I took out all of my shares. It's crazy everyone was talking about how narrow Trump's path was when Sam wang still saw him definitely getting over 1237.
Wang's models took into account how the delegates are actually allocated which put him ahead of everyone else. It was always funny to see everyone talking about momentum after Wisconsin and NY and Wang kept saying that nothing had changed.

Wilsongt

When it comes to Bernie...

If there is anything I learned about college students while teaching, is that they are stubborn and whiny an won't stop until they get what they want.

Ophelion

Wonder if Obama will endorse now...

I'm still betting he waits till after the convention. His endorsement will carry more weight with the public if there are fewer people shrieking "RIIIIIIIIGGGGGED! RIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGED!" in the background.

Haha Kasich. Oh man oh jeez, wow.

He stayed in just long enough to deny a Cruz comeback, and then immediately drops after Cruz is out. Shucks, that is just crazy isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom