• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

daveweigel ‏@daveweigel 18m18 minutes ago
daveweigel Retweeted Thomas Fatone
Right, but I'm talking about a new left icon spending two months telling base voters she's unworthy of their vote

Wilsongt

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-g...rs-before-fbi-reveals-findings_b_9836720.html

Millions of Democrats are voting for a presidential candidate linked to an FBI criminal investigation. These voters either don’t know there’s been a year-long FBI investigation of Clinton’s emails, don’t care, or would vote for Clinton even she faced Espionage Act indictments. Potentially our next Commander in Chief will be interviewed by the FBI soon, as will her top aides. This state of affairs would never take place in any other leading democracy, but American politics is unique.

Bernie Sanders has political momentum, grass roots support throughout the nation, and defeats Donald Trump by a wider margin than Clinton. Sanders has surged to within several points nationally of Clinton, despite being over 50 points down not long ago. In contrast, Clinton lost astronomical leads to both Obama and Sanders, and doesn’t keep polling leads. Furthermore, Trump won’t watch his tone about emails, and every other scandal associated with both Clintons. The pedestrian polling lead Hillary Clinton currently holds over Donald Trump isn’t set in stone; Trump is already ahead of Clinton in a recent poll.

I hope HuffPost isn't actually paying this guy. All I can imagine is a guy sitting in a dark room, salivating as he writes these and fanfiction about Hillary going to prison.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm still betting he waits till after the convention. His endorsement will carry more weight with the public if there are fewer people shrieking "RIIIIIIIIGGGGGED! RIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGED!" in the background.

They'll be yelling that at the convention when it's not brokered and she wins on the first ballot.

Hopefully Obama speaks out about this situation soon. Hillary can't really say anything her hands are tied but I think Obama will hopefully get behind Hillary before the convention if Bernie continues to go on with this.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder if Obama will endorse now...

I understand Hillary fans are feeling impatient, but if they really want party unity, they'd be best off waiting until the convention than trying to hurry Bernie out of the race with stuff like that.

Sure, the best maybe for bernie to decide to drop out on his own, but if he's not going to do that, I wouldn't try to force the issue.

Loudninja

I understand Hillary fans are feeling impatient, but if they really want party unity, they'd be best off waiting until the convention than trying to hurry Bernie out of the race with stuff like that.

Sure, the best maybe for bernie to decide to drop out on his own, but if he's not going to do that, I wouldn't try to force the issue.
Um we should be forcing the issue at this point.

Sadly yeah, June 7th. She'd need 83% of the delegates from the states between now and Cali to hit 50% +1, and that ain't happening.

Unless the remaining supers rally behind her due to Trump securing, but that'd just lead to more complaining from Sanders and fans.

They already have. She'll walk into the convention up by 150 to 300 (100 is probably around Sanders dream scenario)

ivysaur12

Banned
ChoCHACWMAIISY4.jpg

Also,

ChoEiXZVAAAa_gh.jpg

ChoErx5UgAEyJg0.jpg

Hahahahahaa

I think those numbers would come down on the conservative side, but if she ties with Independents? Game over.

Seeing a fresh round of delusion on my Facebook feed today. Bernie's totally got this and even if he doesn't win the nomination he'll run third party and get to exactly 270 electoral votes based on the retroactive momentum map.

It really is funny how people overreact to the latest result. See all the "Trump is doomed" talk after Wisconsin, or people diablosing on election night 2012 because Romney had the electoral vote lead based on winning a bunch of McCain states.

Emarv

I just can't believe this is the sequel to Obama's presidency. The leader of the Birther movement now the Republican nominee and possibly the successor to his legacy.

Obama is itching to go out on the campaign trail. You can feel it. It's gonna be great to watch him go after Trump all fall.

It's not a problem if Bernie keeps going as long as he changes the tone of his campaign. He should just campaign against Trump and cease attacking Hillary's character. That will make it easier for him to transition to a Hillary endorsement and get his folks to follow.

If he does that it's really no big deal if he stays in for a couple of months.

studyguy

I just can't believe this is the sequel to Obama's presidency. The leader of the Birther movement now the Republican nominee and possibly the successor to his legacy.

Obama is itching to go out on the campaign trail. You can feel it. It's gonna be great to watch him go after Trump all fall.

Obama going out to bat for Hillary is probably gonna see social media trying to burn him to the ground while outside of the internet he makes the real waves. It'll be curious to see how things play out online once Obama plays his hand.

Elizabeth Warren
14 hrs ·
Donald Trump is now the leader of the Republican Party. It's real – he is one step away from the White House. Here's what else is real:
Trump has built his campaign on racism, sexism, and xenophobia. There's more enthusiasm for him among leaders of the KKK than leaders of the political party he now controls.
He incites supporters to violence, praises Putin, and, according to a columnist who recently interviewed him, is "cool with being called an authoritarian" and doesn't mind associations with history's worst dictators.
He attacks veterans like John McCain who were captured and puts our servicemembers at risk by cheerleading illegal torture. In a world with ISIS militants and leaders like North Korean strongman Kim Jong-Un conducting nuclear tests, he surrounds himself with a foreign policy team that has been called a "collection of charlatans," and puts out contradictory and nonsensical national security ideas one expert recently called "incoherent" and "truly bizarre."
What happens next will test the character for all of us – Republican, Democrat, and Independent. It will determine whether we move forward as one nation or splinter at the hands of one man's narcissism and divisiveness. I know which side I'm on, and I’m going to fight my heart out to make sure Donald Trump’s toxic stew of hatred and insecurity never reaches the White House.

Paskil

Trump better be careful. Jim Gilmore is going to come in and snatch the nomination. Now that all opposition is gone, his path is finally clear.

Emarv

Obama going out to bat for Hillary is probably gonna see social media trying to burn him to the ground while outside of the internet he makes the real waves. It'll be curious to see how things play out online once Obama plays his hand.

I think Obama is well liked on the internet overall. Sure reddit and the usual places don't like him, but he has well-liked videos go viral pretty often from what I've seen.

A BBC reporter interviewed a Trump supporter this morning, and it was pretty refreshing hearing a decent journalist ask simple follow up questions without yelling. I'm used to reporters accepting the bullshit at face value or getting in a shouting match. I hate our news here.

gcubed

No one really gives a shit about Reddit stans

No one really gives a shit about Reddit stans
Do NOT underestimate their abilities. They can be scary as shit. See: Gamergate.
Guys, calm down about Sanders. He'll be a minor inconvenience for the next two months, at worst.
Problem is that he shouldn't be any inconvenience at all. It's entirely possible for him to stay in through CA + not be an inconvenience, but he doesn't seem interested in that. Having another debate is just another example of that. That's basically a 2-hour campaign ad for Trump at this point.

Every dollar, every rally, every volunteer minute donated to Clinton for the primaries yet is completely wasted resources for the GE. Republicans have left the door wide open to a massive Democratic sweep if they can get working on it.

Seeing a fresh round of delusion on my Facebook feed today. Bernie's totally got this and even if he doesn't win the nomination he'll run third party and get to exactly 270 electoral votes based on the retroactive momentum map.

It really is funny how people overreact to the latest result. See all the "Trump is doomed" talk after Wisconsin, or people diablosing on election night 2012 because Romney had the electoral vote lead based on winning a bunch of McCain states.

I've shared it on GAF before, but my absolutely favorite facebook melt down was a far right friend of mine who was convinced Romney was going to beat Obama handily, who later in the night posted a diatribe about how Obama was winning with less than half of the popular vote, and then later on when Obama had clearly won the popular vote, posted a whole bunch of 'the world is over' stuff.

Unfortunately his reactions to Cruz pulling out were not so entertaining.

ampere

Gonna be some god-tier speeches from Obama. Time to channel his charisma for Hillary.

Political journalists pretending that Trump can make this close are joke people. Trump is a sexist buffoon who is going to say things that anger 51% of voters every week coming up. It's going to be a bloodbath. He'll lose as bad as Goldwater did.

Ophelion

I've shared it on GAF before, but my absolutely favorite facebook melt down was a far right friend of mine who was convinced Romney was going to beat Obama handily, who later in the night posted a diatribe about how Obama was winning with less than half of the popular vote, and then later on when Obama had clearly won the popular vote, posted a whole bunch of 'the world is over' stuff.

Unfortunately his reactions to Cruz pulling out were not so entertaining.

I remember when Obama beat McCain, my dad legit cried and told my mother, "My children are going to be slaves."

He actually said that. How is so much of my family that delusional, I'll never know.

Grief.exe

I remember when Obama beat McCain, my dad legit cried and told my mother, "My children are going to be slaves."

He actually said that. How is so much of my family that delusional, I'll never know.

I don't really blame people. There are literally billions of dollars stacked up in the continual obfuscation of reality by conservative media, think-tanks, etc.

ampere

Political journalists pretending that Trump can make this close are joke people. Trump is a sexist buffoon who is going to say things that anger 51% of voters every week coming up. It's going to be a bloodbath. He'll lose as bad as Goldwater did.

Complacency is dangerous. Maybe they want everyone worried so they go vote

I'm glad my family is a bunch of crazy liberals. I get to look like the crazy conservative when I say I prefer Hillary's plan for higher education costs to Bernie's, let alone having to deal with absurdist hyperbole about the first black President enslaving white people. How do you even interact with someone who thinks like that?

Josh5890

I was upset when McCain lost in 2008 but my God I never even considered that thought. Scary family you have there dude. I'm sorry.

Ophelion

I'm glad my family is a bunch of crazy liberals. I get to look like the crazy conservative when I say I prefer Hillary's plan for higher education costs to Bernie's, let alone having to deal with absurdist hyperbole about the first black President enslaving white people. How do you even interact with someone who thinks like that?

I just don't talk about politics with my dad. Ever.

Sometimes, fringe subjects get broached, but even though he's a brilliant man and loves his family, his philosophical and political stances are repugnant. When the man who brought you into this world is both a Randian and a hardcore conservative, you stick to pop culture subjects. When you talk at all.

Just a few months ago, we had an argument over pardoning people who were jailed over marijuana possession charges. He was uneasy about just letting "those people" free because "prison changes people" and it "might not be responsible to let them loose on society". I just....I can't. I just can't.

I was upset when McCain lost in 2008 but my God I never even considered that thought. Scary family you have there dude. I'm sorry.

It's ok. Only my dad's side of the family is like this. On my mom's side, I have my grandpa with the cardboard cutout of Bill Clinton he keeps in his study full of books by people like Al Franken and my lesbian aunt who works for Stanford. So, y'know. Easy choice of who I see more of.

heheh

GOP urged to confirm Supreme Court nominee after Trump win

A top conservative blog is urging Senate Republicans to confirm President Obama's Supreme Court pick after Donald Trump's win in Indiana's GOP presidential primary.

"Now that Donald Trump is the presumptive nominee, this is not even a close call. There is absolutely no reason to drag this out any longer. [Merrick] Garland is not a great choice, but he is not a terrible one, either," Leon H. Wolf, the managing editor of the conservative website RedState, wrote Wednesday.

The comments come after Trump victory Tuesday night, forcing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) out of the GOP race and securing a spot as the presumptive nominee.

Senate Republican leadership has been adamant that Garland will not get a hearing or a vote and that the next president will fill the seat vacated by the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

Wolf, however, warned Wednesday that the "calculus has changed — confirm Merrick Garland before it is too late."

"My main concern right now would be that Barack Obama would withdraw Garland’s nomination today. The fact that Merrick Garland still exists as an option right now is a gift that should not be squandered," he wrote.

Wolf added that Republicans "must know" they will lose the White House, and likely the Senate, too, with Trump as their nominee. Senate Republicans are defending 24 seats in November, a handful in states previously carried by Obama.

Some Republicans have floated a confirmation during the lame-duck period for Garland if their party loses in November. They argue that he is more moderate than whomever Hillary Clinton would nominate if she wins the White House.

But Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) — the Senate's top two Republicans — have shot down a vote on Garland after the election.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...confirm-supreme-court-nominee-after-trump-win

benjipwns

Banned
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-g...rs-before-fbi-reveals-findings_b_9836720.html

I hope HuffPost isn't actually paying this guy. All I can imagine is a guy sitting in a dark room, salivating as he writes these and fanfiction about Hillary going to prison.
There are those who say that I have connections to H. A. Goodman. But let me dispel the notion right now that H. A. Goodman does not know what he's doing.

Let me also dispel the fiction that Hillary Clinton may not have connections to Vince Foster or knew that Benghazi happened.

Thank you. That is all for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom