• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophelion

I think I might be done with the OT political threads. We're going to get to a point where we see some bad liberal chicken littleing and people completely misunderstanding the political process, and it's tiresome. We have 6 more months of this shit.

I know how you feel. I keep saying I'll swear off OT political threads, but my curiosity always gets the better of me.

It's always the same though. I don't know why I keep thinking I'll see something new and different.

When I was growing up my mom was a pretty outspoken Republican and she didn't care much for Hillary. She seemed to particularly hate "It Takes a Village to Raise a Child" even though I doubt she read it. Dubya pretty much drove her away from the party and I can't imagine she'd vote for Trump. I had always just assumed my dad was Republican as well, but I later found out he'd been quietly voting Democratic for years.

I remember the "it takes a village" business. The conservative noise machine took the title and decided to brand the book a pro government attack on family values.

I remember hearing "it doesn't take a village to raise a child it takes a FAMILY" more than once.

Despicable, stupid people.

kirblar

Hillary leads Trump by 13 points in new CNN poll:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/05/04/rel6b.-.2016.general.pdf

Most important point, Republicans view "terrorism" as the most important issue facing America. Now, fewer Americans have been killed by ISIS ever than have been killed via domestic violence in the last week. Does "terrorism" mean "my desire to exclude brown people from the United States" or Republicans so bad at assessing risk that they are honestly so afraid?

It's kind of like the main Obama question remaining: Do Republicans say he's a Muslim because of genuine stupidity or are they using it as a substitute for the n-word?
She is the perfect candidate to be running. All of her disadvantages in a normal election are suddenly huge pluses now.

Emarv

I've said it before, but this election isn't really going to be Hillary vs. Trump. It'll be Obama vs. Trump. He is the only one with the platform large enough to demolish Trump and he has already got in his head. Anytime the President holds a presser, the media will cover it. He'll just be taking pot shots all year long from the White House drawing fire off Hilldawg and hitting the trail with force. Obama's final job.

Love it. One last job before he rides off into the sunset.

alg-slick-jpg.jpg

Armaros

I think I might be done with the OT political threads. We're going to get to a point where we see some bad liberal chicken littleing and people completely misunderstanding the political process, and it's tiresome. We have 6 more months of this shit.

If I have to explain poll weighting and electoral demographics again to another Bernie supporter turned Trump Diabloser my brain will explode.

The fact that this is about a Rass poll is the cherry on top.

America is DOOOMED!

Maxim726X

If I have to explain poll weighting and electoral demographics again to another Bernie supporter turned Trump Diabloser my brain will explode.

The fact that this is about a Rass poll is the cherry on top.

I mean, it's not even hard to find evidence claiming that Rasmussen is fucking useless at this point. It's been discussed since the last election.

Spoilers for the first debate:

Wolf: "Mr. Trump, what do you say to people who say that Hillary is more qualified than you?"

Trump: "Well, let me just say something, Wolf. I have to say something, I knew Jack Kennedy-it's true. So Jack Kennedy and my dad had just finished a round of golf-my dad won, really a great golfer, the best-and, you know, Jack Kennedy is sitting on a bench and I go up to him and shake his hand, and-I have to say it-my hands were bigger than this, it's true, it's really true. And, you know, Jack, he really left women satisfied. So I met Jack Kennedy and people said Jack Kennedy wasn't qualified and you know who disagreed? The Jews. The Jews voted so much for Jack Kennedy and they're voting for me too because the Jews love me and I love the Jews. Women also voted for Jack and they're voting for me too, I love women like Jack loved the women. I mean, I've never told anyone this, but Jack needed a place to stay on night in New York and he stayed at a Trump hotel. Jack Kennedy stayed at a Trump hotel while president, it's true. So, I mean, I really knew Jack Kennedy and this women over here, she killed Jack Kennedy, it's true, it's true and it's disgusting that she's even allowed on this stage after killing a man as great as Jack Kennedy."

I remember the "it takes a village" business. The conservative noise machine took the title and decided to brand the book a pro government attack on family values.

I remember hearing "it doesn't take a village to raise a child it takes a FAMILY" more than once.

Despicable, stupid people.

My mom used to regularly listen to Rush Limbaugh and the current state of the Republican Party has completely alienated her.

Six months of people freaking out nonstop every time an outlier poll shows Trump close. I'm beginning to think that if Unskewed Polls had showed up this cycle it'd be popular among the left looking for something to panic about. Dean Chambers was truly a man ahead of his time. I should probably just go back to never checking my Facebook feed.

Crocodile

Multiple posts in OT right now:

"Clinton: God she's such a phony. All she does is pander, you can't believe a word she says!
Trump: He's a real genuine guy. All the crazy stuff he says is just pandering, you know deep down he's a liberal and a-ok!"

aO9nso.gif

My mom used to regularly listen to Rush Limbaugh and the current state of the Republican Party has completely alienated her.

Not a surprise. The current republican party are frothing rightwing lunatics compared to the 90s crew.

Rush Limbaugh ditto heads from the mid 90s would be branded RINOS and run out of town in the modern climate.

Kusagari

The best debate will easily be the VP one if Cason gets picked.

I can't even imagine how he'll hold up as the sole dude getting attacked.

PBY

Banned
Lord how I've missed this place. I still can't believe I'm one of the chill ones about Bernie.

I think I like Bernie more than most here as well. I think he's a legitimately good person. I think he is nothing but well intentioned, and at worst misled.

Remember how HuffPo was covering the Trump campaign in the entertainment section? Good times.

After watching and listening to Donald Trump since he announced his candidacy for president, we have decided we won’t report on Trump’s campaign as part of The Huffington Post’s political coverage. Instead, we will cover his campaign as part of our Entertainment section. Our reason is simple: Trump’s campaign is a sideshow. We won’t take the bait. If you are interested in what The Donald has to say, you’ll find it next to our stories on the Kardashians and The Bachelorette.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...d-trumps-campaign_us_55a8fc9ce4b0896514d0fd66

Trump: He's a real genuine guy. All the crazy stuff he says is just pandering, you know deep down he's a liberal and a-ok!"

The way people convince themselves that Trump is being genuine when he says something they agree with (or implies it) but just "saying crazy stuff for attention" when he says something they disagree with is honestly frightening. That he also gets praised for "telling it like it is," well, that's the icing on the cake.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The #DropOutHillary tweets are my weekly dose of comedy. I hope this isn't the start of the liberal version of the Tea Party. No thanks.

Effect

The first thing he did after he won 5 states last Tuesday was say that Hillary would only be at 5% if she were a man!

And then last night he tweeted O'Reilly that he won Virginia, because O'Reilly mistakenly had a graphic saying he lost it. He is delusional and does not know how to pivot.

I think the key is to keep him engaged. Trump hates to be challenged, especially when you don't take his bait when you go after him. I think that's why he keeps doubling down on the woman's card thing. He wants people to hit back at him with that front but it isn't happening and it shouldn't. When you do it though it has to be fast. As soon as he says something you have to be ready to respond so what he says doesn't take hold in the new cycle. I hope the team that is being paid on this front is being paid well as it's going to be a 24/7 job.

What I'd love to see happen is for him to be baited during one of the debates so he has an outburst. I think that might be doable if you plant seeds leading up to it and then Hillary hits him with the attack live on TV. One that is both on the topics but a bit personal. I don't think he'll be able to help himself and will lash out on live TV. Thing is she'd be prepared for it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
One of my favorite parts about this cycle is knowing that HA Goofshit will have put so much time and effort into accomplishing absolutely nothing other than making people who previously had no idea who he was now know that he is a total fucking idiot asshole.

I don't like him, at all.
Oh me either. I pretty much loathe the man. I just don't mind his campaigns death rattle at the moment. Maybe since I did this in 2008 with Hillary I have a bit more empathy. I still cringed when her campaign made shit statements then though

I want him to land the plane soon with a bit of dignity but meh. If he wanted to go back to being a backbencher more power to him.

Maledict

It's not going to be Castro.

This makes sense. With Trump as the nominee you need to be presenting the opposite - a calm, reassuring ticket that people will feel safe voting for. That's the key to independents and that 20% or so of republicans who may cross over.

I don't think it's going to be Kaine though.

NeoXChaos

If not Kaine then who? She will like to reward the constituencies that gave her the nomination like Latinos and AA's. All white ticket aint happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom