• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
RHYqOWo.jpg

@FrankLuntz: Hillary currently leads Trump by an average 10% nationwide.

But if Trump improves just 5%…

https://t.co/T64Fkm5y3N https://t.co/GqluTrz0pu

So, he still loses.

Sibylus

Banned
that's a bad ad.

It's just a bunch of Republicans piling on Trump.

Do you really want an ad of establishment Republicans one after other trashing Trump to be used as an affective attack ad?

This ad is a fail IMO
What's the gutter_trash plan, say nothing if Republicans try to pretend that they don't hate the man for the sake of the election?

What's failure is not attempting to use that division against him.

that's a bad ad.

Do you really want an ad of establishment Republicans one after other trashing Trump to be used as an affective attack ad?

This ad is a fail IMO

It's not a fail if your goal is to go after Country Club Republicans who actually liked someone like Mitt. Look, Queen is never getting (the vast majority) of Republicans. Period. Full stop. But, if there are 5-10% moderates who are GOP for fiscal reasons only, appealing to them by showing how Trump is a god damn dumpster fire isn't a bad strategy. Hearing the GOP establishment trash him gives them intellectual permission to not vote for him.

that's a bad ad.

This ad is a fail IMO

Right. She's not trying to convince angry Republicans and Independents who are really Republican, but not registered that way. She wants to scare away independents who might vote Republican, but who don't actually have a problem with the GOPe.

hawk2025

If Bernie is staying until the end, he has no bargaining power on policy.

Let the man run by himself until then. No additional debates, direct campaigning against him, or replies.

He gets nothing.

gcubed

Let the man run by himself until then. No additional debates, direct campaigning against him, or replies.

He gets nothing.

This is where I'm at. If I was Hillary id just ignore him, full stop.

ampere

I've been saying it for a while. Veep should he required watching. More people should listen to me.

I've admitted only watched a few episodes, but it was pretty stellar. I need to watch more while I have my HBO Now sub for GoT/SV

He gets nothing.

Gotta agree, yea. He's only a distraction now.

Tell me more, Frank. I want to know what happens if Trump improves on his polling by 20 points. What does the map look like if every single vote is for Trump?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_County,_California
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaware_County,_Ohio

Sean T at RCPVerified account
‏@SeanTrende Sean T at RCP Retweeted Jay Cost
Exactly. Trump would probably be the first R since 1916 to lose Delaware County. That's his core problem. 1/2

As an Ohio resident... holy shit, you can't lose Delaware County as a Republican. You just can't. It's supposed to be as impossible as losing my county because it is tailor made for Republicans.

How is he potentially going to lose it?

What's the gutter_trash plan, say nothing if Republicans try to pretend that they don't hate the man for the sake of the election?

What's failure is not attempting to use that division against him.

using Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush's words to attack Donald Trump in a Pro Hillary Clinton is lame and crappy. Who is this reaching out to anyway? Disaffected Republicans?

She is still in the Dem Primary race.

This pivoting using Right Wingers' own words against Trump before the Dem Primary season is over is bad optics among Left of Center or Left Wing Democrats
It's not for Democrats. It's for suburban Republicans.
wait after the Primaries. This is bad optics. Especially when trying to win over Lefty Bernie supporters

HylianTom

Banned
Tell me more, Frank. I want to know what happens if Trump improves on his polling by 20 points. What does the map look like if every single vote is for Trump?
I want to know what the map looks like if we install a potty in each voting booth.
(#NoRedStatesOrBlueStatesJustBrownStates)

Or what happens if we turn it into a giant SplatFest map?
(#TeamPatrick)

It actually wouldn't be unprecedented.

George Clinton was Vice President under both Thomas Jefferson (second term only) and James Madison (first term only).

And he still found time to lead Parliament!

George-Clintony-at--011.jpg

If Joe Biden doesn't end up Veep again, maybe he should consider a career as a funk musician. I would pay all the money to see that.

Maledict

that's a bad ad.

This ad is a fail IMO

Polls show there is approximately 20% to 25% or moderate republicans who would vote for clinton over trump at the moment. Now, that number is going to tighten, but there is absolutely no reason they shouldn't make a play for the moderate republicans who can't stand trump.

As long as Hillary doesn't tack too far to the centre in grabbing those voters and misses out on the left wing voters who have supported her and Bernie so far, it makes the electoral math a hell of a lot easier for them with that cross over rate.

Holmes

It actually was shameful. Hillary could have ended this just like trump and instead she's letting this shit go on.
She could've ended it when she won NY and he stayed in. She could've ended it when she won 4/5 states last week and he stayed in. If she won IN, he would've stayed in. So why bother? Save money, start investing in swing states and focus on Trump instead and let Sanders spend his millions so he can net 4 delegates per primary.

Ophelion

She could've ended it when she won NY and he stayed in. She could've ended it when she won 4/5 states last week and he stayed in. If she won IN, he would've stayed in. So why bother? Save money, start investing in swing states and focus on Trump instead and let Sanders spend his millions so he can net 4 delegates per primary.

Yup. If he was going to see reason, it would've happened long before now. Meanwhile, there's a General to win.

He gets nothing.

yup. Hillary would benefit from just ignoring him. He's just a nuisance at this point. He should get nothing because he deserves nothing.

Sibylus

Banned
using Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush's words to attack Donald Trump in a Pro Hillary Clinton is lame and crappy. Who is this reaching out to anyway? Disaffected Republicans?

She is still in the Dem Primary race.

This pivoting using Right Wingers' own words against Trump before the Dem Primary season is over is bad optics among Left of Center or Left Wing Democrats

wait after the Primaries. This is bad optics. Especially when trying to win over Lefty Bernie supporters
Seems pretty reasonable to me when Clinton is the only viable alternative, even if you dislike her.

Disaffected Republicans, Independents, anyone who isn't sold on Trump. Floor-crossing to vote for Hillary? Probably negligible. Depressed voter turnout because the proto-fascist is their favored party's nominee? Could be appreciable.

And lol optics fearmongering over Sanders. He's done. Clinton's real opponent is the one she's prepping for.

He gets nothing.
Thats risky. He will show up at the debate and have an hour for himself without Hillary there to defend herself.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
A job application. Luntz has been trying to get into Trump's circle for awhile.

Why would Trump pick a loser like Luntz? He fails at everything, Trump is all about winner. Winners love him and want to work for him, why would he pick a loser? Losers are losers and not winners. If they were winners they wouldn't be losers.

hawk2025

Thats risky. He will show up at the debate and have an hour for himself without Hillary there to defend herself.

*shrugs*

The debate would likely be cancelled. He might get a town hall, an interview, what have you. Same shit he's been doing and saying for months.

His bargaining power on policy exists now by cutting the primaries short. If he doesn't want to use it, he gets nothing. Well, he gets a stump at the DNC. Again. To say the same shit. Again.

I'd like to emphasize that this is in contrast with what I had typed here before on what to give and how on policy to appease him and his supporters. But I'm more and more of the mind that changes in policy wouldn't make the "Never" voters change to her unless they were bluffing, and the rational voters are still deciding between a candidate that's closer to them versus one that's farther away. The rational left will come around; The irrational ones are already lost.

I'm seeing very little benefits to appeasing to them rather than shifting to the center. Their intransigence made their bed.

They get nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom