• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I like Bernie more than most here as well. I think he's a legitimately good person. I think he is nothing but well intentioned, and at worst misled.

I used to think that.

Now, I'm not so sure. There's an emerging pattern where he's unwilling to do what's necessary to advance the causes he claims to serve. His record in congress could just be taken as him being a well-meaning ideologue, but his increasingly negative slant makes me think that he's more interested in appearances than in actual progressivism.

Rubenov

So I've been crazy busy and travelling and have only managed to keep up with the major points of the last few days (Trump winning, Cruz dropping out, etc).

Any reactions from Fiorina's side to Cruz dropping out? This is like her 3rd straight political defeat, and she was used in this VP shit partly because of her desperation to get anywhere politically.

This makes sense. With Trump as the nominee you need to be presenting the opposite - a calm, reassuring ticket that people will feel safe voting for. That's the key to independents and that 20% or so of republicans who may cross over.

I don't think it's going to be Kaine though.

Amy Klobuchar~

@ggreenwald 5m5 minutes ago
To belittle Sanders, Dem pundits insisted Primary Season head-to-head polls are worthless. They've now overnight declared them dispositive.

and he wants to make fun of pundits for making wrong predictions.

the sanders people literal don't understand meaningful distinctions

Just ignore his stupidity, your blood pressure will thank you.

I have no idea, we've told you about it a few times now! It's just so amazing, welcome to the team.

Sooooo gooodddddd.

I don't know. But you need to also watch The Thick of It and the movie In The Loop. Both are written by the same writer and are equally good (even if they focus on UK politics).

Oh, I've watched The Thick of It and In The Loop. :)

ampere

I'm getting giddy reading all these "we need to approve Garland now!" pieces by republican writers

illK6U.gif

How am I just now discovering Veep!?

HOW!?

Surprised, I assumed you were obsessed with it.

Also, watch Silicon Valley if you haven't yet (though it's not politics, it's another great HBO comedy)

Joe Biden.

It actually wouldn't be unprecedented.

George Clinton was Vice President under both Thomas Jefferson (second term only) and James Madison (first term only). Likewise, John Calhoun was Vice President under John Quincy Adams and Andrew Jackson (again, first term only).

The latter was something of an unusual case given the circumstances of the 1824 election, but the latter would fit the same pattern that a Clinton/Biden ticket would.

What would be unprecedented would be a third term for a Vice President, although there are no term limits. FDR ditched John Nance Garner after his second term.

Havoc2049

Hmmmm....the economic numbers here recently are looking a little weak and seem to be trending down. Tough week in the stock market as well. It might play a factor this election season if the trend continues.

Kos likes Klobuchar and Gillibrand, although he acknowledges she can't pick Gillibrand.

Technically she can, it would just be a bad idea because New York's electors would be prohibited from voting for both of them. I suppose Hillary could try and pull a Dick Cheney and establish residency in Arkansas or somewhere if she really wanted to.

ampere

For those of you saying Biden for VP... dude needs a break. Could he do it? Yea. Could he be president at a moment's notice? Yea. But let's get real the guy's had some tough things in his personal life and he really needs a chance to relax.

Per NPR,

Carly Fiorina (with 7 days) has beaten Thomas Eagleton (George McGovern's VP candidate) for the shortest VP candidacy in US history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom