• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Republican Party has no one to blame but themselves for Trump being their nominee. They've been cultivating their base for a guy like Trump for years now.

mo60

The delusions continue in the next tweet:

ChoSBqQUYAEbVu3.jpg

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/727914116489207808

Lol. At this map. Even if donald trump magically wins some states that typically go for the democrats he still has to defend some of the states the republican can potentially lose in this election because he is on their presidential ticket like Arizona, Gerogia, North Carolina, Utah and Mississippi. If Hilary wins at least two of these despite him winning 1 or 2 democratic states he still won't get to 270.

If Bernie is staying until the end, he has no bargaining power on policy.

Let the man run by himself until then. No additional debates, direct campaigning against him, or replies.

He gets nothing.
Hillary:
1ycmvEH.gif

He has no bargaining power. He's losing. They agree on most things anyways.

Now that Trump has nomination, will there be an effort by the GOP to try and have people vote Bernie to try and create a more "close" race, that they think will create a more toxic environment for the party?

Donald Trump’s national spokeswoman suggested Wednesday that Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton has “never been truly vetted before” during her 38 years in the public eye.

Asked by MSNBC’s Tamron Hall if Trump was looking forward to a head-to-head matchup against Clinton in the fall, Katrina Pierson replied, “Oh, absolutely. Mainly because Hillary Clinton has never been truly vetted before. Particularly by the media.”

Gurrrlllll

QXbK6.gif

Not sure this required a poll but...

As the nominees for the 2016 presidential election has become more clear, a new survey finds LGBT voters support Hillary Clinton for president over Donald Trump by a 4-1 margin.

The New York-based Whitman Insight Strategies made the findings public on Wednesday as a result of nationwide survey it conducted of 338 likely voters who identified as LGBT. According to the survey, 84 percent of likely LGBT voters back Clinton, compared to the 16 percent who support Trump, a significant margin showing more than 4 in 5 LGBT voters would vote for the former secretary of state.

That shows greater support for the Democratic candidate in 2016 among LGBT voters than exit polls showed among gay, lesbian and bisexual voters in 2012. At the time, exit polls revealed President Obama won 76 percent of the LGBT vote, compared to the 16 percent won by then-Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

The poll finds that LGBT voters are more engaged with the current presidential contest than any other voting population this election cycle. Nearly three in five LGBT voters say they are following this election very closely, a number that outmatches all other major subgroups.

Chow5XLWEAQJ7SW.jpg
http://www.washingtonblade.com/2016/05/04/survey-lgbt-voters-back-clinton-over-trump-by-4-1-margin/

Carrie Johnson ‏@johnson_carrie 1h1 hour ago
Carrie Johnson Retweeted Tom Fitton
Clinton aides to be deposed in civil lawsuit filed by Judicial Watch. Judge has not yet decided on Clinton herself.

ANY DAY NOW

I wonder if there's any chance that people who are leaning towards Bernie during the next closed primaries will completely turn against him to signal that he should get out. One can hope..

if anyone watched Morning Joe; Trump was saying nice things about Sanders and ''he has been treated unfairly by the Democratic Party''

Trump agent of Chaos

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Carrie Johnson ‏@johnson_carrie 1h1 hour ago
Carrie Johnson Retweeted Tom Fitton
Clinton aides to be deposed in civil lawsuit filed by Judicial Watch. Judge has not yet decided on Clinton herself.

ANY DAY NOW

Those fuckholes are still in existence?? Christ above I thought we finally got rid of them...

One of my biggest pet peeves on gafs are "can someone explain ____ to me"

Learn to google and use google news/wikipedia.

And I hate the responses that are often never in good faith and present the respondant's opinion rather than the actual facts

Oh thank god. Woke up from a nap and CNN is here for me not in any way pretending Sanders still exists. They want the GE to start. Apparently (almost) the entire media does.

Michigan feels like the most hilarious attempted grab to me. The Flint crisis I'd think would spark record Democratic turnout and especially minority turnout.

CNN's Clinton+13 poll is surely an outlier, but is equally as hilarious as the Rasmussen which is killing the RCP average right now to "just" Clinton+6.5. What's the approximate target for a decent shot at taking back the House? +8?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh thank god. Woke up from a nap and CNN is here for me not in any way pretending Sanders still exists. They want the GE to start. Apparently (almost) the entire media does.

Michigan feels like the most hilarious attempted grab to me. The Flint crisis I'd think would spark record Democratic turnout and especially minority turnout.

CNN's Clinton+13 poll is surely an outlier, but is equally as hilarious as the Rasmussen which is killing the RCP average right now to "just" Clinton+6.5. What's the approximate target for a decent shot at taking back the House? +8?

I think it's +9, which should be doable against Trump. There's whole avenues of attack that haven't even been explored yet, plus the Trump university lawsuit has been allowed to go forward and that should be hilarious.

I think it's +9, which should be doable against Trump. There's whole avenues of attack that haven't even been explored yet, plus the Trump university lawsuit has been allowed to go forward and that should be hilarious.

it's actually +7 (iirc someone - might've been Aaron - posted images in either this thread or OT4 showing the number of House districts "won" with a certain margin above Obama 2012 and +6 and above would get Clinton a majority), and I'm feeling good about Clinton's margin being above that

NeoXChaos

b-dubs is optimistic Aaron 2.0. Don't think I have ever seen you Diablos or panic. You have certainly had the most fun this election season with Trump.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
b-dubs is optimistic Aaron 2.0. Don't think I have ever seen you Diablos or panic. You have certainly had the most fun this election season with Trump.

The idea of Trump being in the general makes me a little nervous, I definitely don't like the idea of an insane man being so close to the presidency, but so far there's been no real need to panic. Everything's gone exactly according to the plan. The single hiccup all season was Michigan. My only regret is that I sold my Trump shares too early and lost out on $20.

Just a reminder that Obama "only" won 75% of the LGBT vote.

You know....if it weren't for the body shaming, bottom shaming, fem shaming, and often subtle racism, our people really would be the best.

Also, this is the saddest, most Ohio podium thing ever. Shit looks like it was filmed in my basement or something.

Werk.

it's actually +7 (iirc someone - might've been Aaron - posted images in either this thread or OT4 showing the number of House districts "won" with a certain margin above Obama 2012 and +6 and above would get Clinton a majority), and I'm feeling good about Clinton's margin being above that
It was probably me yeah.

It would be +7 in 2012, +9 in 2014 - but with the new maps of Florida and Virginia factored in (which essentially gives Democrats three free seats) it becomes around +6 for both years. Of course, that's assuming an even distribution among every seat.

One thing to keep in mind though - Obama beat Romney by 4 points, but Democrats only beat the Republicans by 1 point in the generic ballot, so those votes don't necessarily track together.

The good news is the districts that would swing are mostly in blue states, so it's not like Democrats are competing in too-hostile territory. Sabato said if Hillary improved on Obama's margin by just three points, she would win in an extra 30 districts, and all but two of them are in blue states (the two red state ones are in Arizona and Texas). Furthermore when Obama won 209 districts, Democrats held 201 seats, so there's not too much of a divergence there - it can be reasonably assumed that Republicans will end up holding more districts than what Trump wins, but it'll be hard for Republicans to hold down all these Hillary districts.

benjipwns

Banned
Those fuckholes are still in existence?? Christ above I thought we finally got rid of them...
How can an attack group like that even get an air time at a court. Ridiculous.
They aren't all that bad as they're ideological more than purely partisan. They went after Cheney's Energy Task Force and the Jack Abramoff meetings for example during the Bush Administration.

I like having them to go with CREW, GAP and POGO among others. More the merrier.

Though I know there's a lot of FOIA and civil rights suits hate around these parts.

using Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush's words to attack Donald Drumpf in a Pro Hillary Clinton is lame and crappy. Who is this reaching out to anyway? Disaffected Republicans?

She is still in the Dem Primary race.

This pivoting using Right Wingers' own words against Drumpf before the Dem Primary season is over is bad optics among Left of Center or Left Wing Democrats

wait after the Primaries. This is bad optics. Especially when trying to win over Lefty Bernie supporters

HRC's social media is going at Drumpf 24x7. You wouldn't know there was still a primary going on to look at it.

Yeah, Bernie is done. He literally can't lose a single contest from here on out (this is without mentioning margins), and he'll definitely drop a few more. So he's done. And thankfully, the Queen gets this since she spent nearly nothing in IN and she's in full anti-Trump mode. She's got her game face on now. Let the old man lose a state, bow out gracefully (I hope), then move on. Either way, move on.

b-dubs is optimistic Aaron 2.0. Don't think I have ever seen you Diablos or panic. You have certainly had the most fun this election season with Drumpf.

I'm the same way. Every Diablos post I see can never respond to my questions:
1) Which Obama 2012 states can Trump flip?
2) Which demos can Trump overperform Romney in, given that Romney did insane white numbers and expected minority numbers?

Those 2 questions keep me feeling great about President Clinton.

Eidan

So I decide to check out Hillaryis44 for the first time in years, thinking that they must be elated that Clinton is likely going to be the next president. But the site seems to only care about Donald Trump and even seems to resent Clinton for not throwing Obama in jail or something. It's incredible. Hillaryis44 is so anti-Obama that they're now anti-Hillary.

Just a reminder that Obama "only" won 75% of the LGBT vote.

1116-gay-inline-graphic-articleInline-v2.png
Obama being a black man probably had a lot to do with the margin being smaller.

There was also an article about how we haven't even heard 60-70% of the shit the Clinton machine has on trump which could or could not be true.

"No one has ever done more with less...." says Kasich about his campaign.

Don't sell yourself short. I'm pretty sure Carly is way, way less than you are.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Obama being a black man probably had a lot to do with the margin being smaller.

There was also an article about how we haven't even heard 60-70% of the shit the Clinton machine has on trump which could or could not be true.

Considering the kind of shit they managed to dig up on Obama, and Trumps own long career in real estate, this wouldn't shock me at all.

So I decide to check out Hillaryis44 for the first time in years, thinking that they must be elated that Clinton is likely going to be the next president. But the site seems to only care about Donald Trump and even seems to resent Clinton for not throwing Obama in jail or something. It's incredible. Hillaryis44 is so anti-Obama that they're now anti-Hillary.

Hillaryis44 was supposedly created by some strange troll that never even supported Clinton.

I'm pretty sure the person who set up that site wasn't a Hillary supporter to begin with. They were just trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom