• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

One of his largest issues leading up to the primary was the lack of ground game.

Came up to bite him in Iowa and in Colorado.

On the bright side I guess it's one of those safety valves against bajillionaires automatically winning elections. If the local community level doesn't feel like they can or have to invest in you monetarily, you're not going to have people vouching for you, you have to convince people from the top-down, and there's only so many people you are going to reach that way.

Grief.exe

It's CNN keeping that horse-race narrative alive.

That was my first thought too.

On the bright side I guess it's one of those safety valves against bajillionaires automatically winning elections. If the local community level doesn't feel like they can or have to invest in you monetarily, you're not going to have people vouching for you, you have to convince people from the top-down.

Last I checked, his donations from individuals was pathetic next to Hillary and Bernie.

Uh, guys.

Donald J Trump is literally the GOP nominee for President.

Like. This is real. In our Universe.

I mean, I've expected it for months, but it's still surreal.

There's pretty much no way he's winning and this will likely signal the beginning of the end of the current GOP, but holy fuck what the fucking fuckity fuck!?
It is still surreal to me too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was thinking, you know what's going to be really fun? When Hillary and the Democrats win big in November and Bernie supporters try to take credit.

It'll be even more fun when they try and take credit for the Obama revolution in 8 years or so.

studyguy

RETROACTIVE MOMENTUM!

Which I still think sounds like a spell from Harry Potter.

Everything about this election is QUANTUM & RETROACTIVE

This campaign season exists between a realm of sheer disbelief out of Trump being the nominee and a cold dead reality of how sad the electorate is right now.
ALSO FRAUD, SO MUCH FRAUD.

andthebeatgoeson

Are you a woman? If so, mindblown.gif
xH8nmI2.jpg

ivysaur12

Banned
Poll of Republican family:

Mom: Ugh. I hate them both.
John: Gun to my head, Hillary
Dad: Remember to call your mom for Mother's Day

To be fair, you say "husband" and we just assume PoliGay. :p

Poll of Republican family:

Mom: Ugh. I hate them both.
John: Gun to my head, Hillary
Dad: Remember to call your mom for Mother's Day

Hey, we'll take it!

My mom's best friend is a Republican. Lovely lady (seriously). My mom and her don't discuss politics. Earlier, she called my mom up and started asking questions about Hillary's position on things because there's no way in hell she's voting for Trump. She hates Hillary, but says at least Hillary won't blow up the country or destroy the economy.

Good. Good.

Ophelion

I was thinking, you know what's going to be really fun? When Hillary and the Democrats win big in November and Bernie supporters try to take credit.

So what? Let em' pat themselves on the back if it's what they need. All I care about is the results. That's why I'm on Team Hillary in the first place.

I already know that literally everyone in my immediate family (including aunts, uncles, and first cousins) except for my dad's voting for Clinton, which amounts to a net 8 votes in Ohio

also, whatever family I have in PA/FL is voting Clinton as far as I'm aware

(granted, I'm mixed and hail from the single most Democratic district outside IL/CA/NY, as did most of these family members aside from the PA people who hail from Philly, so this shouldn't be too surprising)

Maledict

McCain endorsing Trump is the most obvious example of the rot and sickness in the Republican party. They deserve everything they get, and I hope they all go down in flames.

I just want to make a quick comment about Trump. I'll do one for Bernie later tonight or tomorrow.

But for the first time in my life, I'm really seeing the Presidential election as something that truly, truly matters.

Of course, the past elections have proven to matter a lot, but at the time of the election, I didn't feel it (with the exception of Obama's significance in terms of race).

Even 2012 didn't feel the weight of what's coming now.

The GOP is nominating a race baiting, xenophobic, misogynist, conspiracy theory, con man, hack piece of shit bigot.

For him to become the leader of our nation would be the greatest failure of my lifetime. It is of vital importance that this does not happen. I don't care how slim the chances are of it happening (and trust me, it's very slim). The point is it can not happen. And the larger the defeat the better. This shit has to be put out back and shot in the head (figuratively).

In the end, Donald's reign as President probably wouldn't hurt me in any way except potentially from an economic perspective. But there are so many lives that do not have the "luck of the draw" that I've had and for them, I am willing to fight against this.

So yeah, that's my Trump rant.

Virtually all of my family is in Oregon and California; they aren't voting for Trump. Most of them will probably go Bernie in the primary, all of them will go Hillary in the general.

Why on Earth would McCain endorse Trump? Has he seriously completely lost his mind?

PBY

Banned
Shellshocked GOP donors give Trump a second look

Hubbard even gave $10,000 to the “Never Trump” group Our Principles PAC.

Yet faced with a decision between Trump and Clinton, Hubbard said he’s ready to take his checkbook out for the Donald.

“She’s a tool of the union bosses and left-wing fruitcakes, believers of global warming, and that’s more scary,” Hubbard told The Hill on Wednesday.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...give-trump-a-second-look#.Vyp3Lgkt8qo.twitter

shem935

Banned
So this last 24 hrs is showing me at least how spineless the republican establishment is. No wonder they couldn't stop trump, never had it in them to begin with.

It was on Twitter. He is down to 39 from 41, but I think it was just the same two that already switched.

CeQ9WYfWsAUwcYM.jpg

It's like the worst game of Snog, Marry, Avoid ever .

Dancing with the Stars doesn't even have such a downtrodden list of celebrities.

Donald Trump won’t self-fund his general-election campaign, and will instead create a “world-class finance organization,” the presumptive Republican nominee said in an interview on Wednesday.

For a campaign expected to cost more than $1 billion, “I’ll be putting up money, but won’t be completely self-funding, as I did during the primaries,” Mr. Trump said on Wednesday. The New York businessman, who did receive some mostly small unsolicited donations, lent his campaign $36 million of the $47 million he spent through March.

That plan represents a shift for Mr. Trump, who has for months portrayed his Republican opponents as “puppets” for relying on super PACs and taking contributions from wealthy donors that he said came with strings attached.

And so it begins...

Over the next few months, there are going to be a lot articles about Republicans that were #NeverTrump and now hopping on the Trump train. McCain's endorsement is just sad.

hawk2025

Across Facebook and GAF, I must have typed and deleted 20+ posts before publishing them today.

It must be a new record.

Maybe I should have done the same to this one. There were a lot of flavors, and I most definitely chose salty. You want to stay in a race to "spread a message" of fucking hopes and dreams, start a fuckin' church.

Grief.exe

Donald Trump won’t self-fund his general-election campaign, and will instead create a “world-class finance organization,” the presumptive Republican nominee said in an interview on Wednesday.

For a campaign expected to cost more than $1 billion, “I’ll be putting up money, but won’t be completely self-funding, as I did during the primaries,” Mr. Trump said on Wednesday. The New York businessman, who did receive some mostly small unsolicited donations, lent his campaign $36 million of the $47 million he spent through March.

That plan represents a shift for Mr. Trump, who has for months portrayed his Republican opponents as “puppets” for relying on super PACs and taking contributions from wealthy donors that he said came with strings attached.

And so it begins...

He can also pay himself back with campaign funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom