• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, guys.

Donald J Trump is literally the GOP nominee for President.

Like. This is real. In our Universe.

I mean, I've expected it for months, but it's still surreal.

There's pretty much no way he's winning and this will likely signal the beginning of the end of the current GOP, but holy fuck what the fucking fuckity fuck!?

Like I said in one of the other threads, when DC Comics decided to make Lex Luthor President, they used the feint that most people don't think he's an actual super villain and even then, he still cheated to win!

The DC Universe is more realistic than RL!

McCain endorsing Trump is the most obvious example of the rot and sickness in the Republican party. They deserve everything they get, and I hope they all go down in flames.

When George W. Bush becomes one of the more honorable people in your party...

NeoXChaos

Peter Alexander ‏@PeterAlexander 53m53 minutes ago
JUST IN: Gov Haley Barbour: "When the choice is b/w Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump, I'm going to go w Trump." @NBCNightlyNews

I just want to make a quick comment about Trump. I'll do one for Bernie later tonight or tomorrow.

But for the first time in my life, I'm really seeing the Presidential election as something that truly, truly matters.

Of course, the past elections have proven to matter a lot, but at the time of the election, I didn't feel it (with the exception of Obama's significance in terms of race).

Even 2012 didn't feel the weight of what's coming now.

The GOP is nominating a race baiting, xenophobic, misogynist, conspiracy theory, con man, hack piece of shit bigot.

For him to become the leader of our nation would be the greatest failure of my lifetime. It is of vital importance that this does not happen. I don't care how slim the chances are of it happening (and trust me, it's very slim). The point is it can not happen. And the larger the defeat the better. This shit has to be put out back and shot in the head (figuratively).

In the end, Donald's reign as President probably wouldn't hurt me in any way except potentially from an economic perspective. But there are so many lives that do not have the "luck of the draw" that I've had and for them, I am willing to fight against this.

So yeah, that's my Trump rant.

That was a good rant.

I really hope this whole loyalty to the party over country will finally backfire on the GOP.

It's high time they take a devastating loss. Anything short of that would be frustrating.

I really really really hope Trump says something horrific like calling Hillary a cunt on menopause and watch this spineless shits have to defend him.

I wanted to buy something, but since it's technically a campaign donation I can't do it as non-citizen :( :( :(

There are websites that sell shirts that aren't officially tied to the candidate. It's where I got my Hillary Rainbow Pantsuit shirt and where my Berniebro got me the "I will do what Queens do" shirt.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It was on Twitter. He is down to 39 from 41, but I think it was just the same two that already switched.

CeQ9WYfWsAUwcYM.jpg

It's like the worst game of Snog, Marry, Avoid ever .
I don't know who 33% of those people are.

So what? Let em' pat themselves on the back if it's what they need. All I care about is the results. That's why I'm on Team Hillary in the first place.
In the short term, yes, but I'd like to see his supporters join the real political world sooner rather than later, one where you can't put all your eggs in one national race and yadda yadda yadda your way to wins across the country on many levels. Everything about his campaign (Step 1: Bernie!, Step 2: ???, Step 3: Sweeping political revolution) is a naive and short-sided approach to progress.

Grief.exe

The GOP is nominating a race baiting, xenophobic, misogynist, conspiracy theory, con man, hack piece of shit bigot.

He didn't wildly differentiate himself from a policy or ideological perspective from his fellow Conservative candidates.

The only time he really differentiated himself is when he would take random liberal positions at debates and throw everyone for a loop.

Fucking Rick Scott. Asked about the whole JFK thing:
"I'm not gonna agree with every candidate on every issue, or how they present the issue."

We're really gonna see what scummy republican is the scummiest won't we

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 14h14 hours ago
I would rather run against Crooked Hillary Clinton than Bernie Sanders and that will happen because the books are cooked against Bernie!

I feel like Donald is flying a bit too close to the sun with this one.

Fedelias

I really thought John McCain was one of the "good'uns" in terms of Republicans, and I especially didn't see him endorsing Trump after the scathing comments about Vietnam.

I hope that every single Republican politician that gives in and supports Trump loses out big both in this election and going forward.

It's pointless, but it's free ad time.

Is it really ad time is nobody is watching? He'll just rant and rave about the usual, Hillary will comment it's a big waste of time (politely). More emails. More release the transcripts. More blah blah blah nobody cares. They'll put an F tier moderator on. It'll be a circus of Bernie rambling the same speech he's been making for a year now and Clinton saying all the things people from California like to hear.

He lost. Everyone I know is sick and tired of him and they want him to go away. And these are people who used to respect him and even voted for him.

He's going to go out without his dignity and destroy the legacy he's been trying to build.

Where is this McCain stuff coming from? Don't see anything anywhere.

This Reuters post mentions it about a page down: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN0XU0TP

John McCain, the 2008 Republican nominee, said he would support Trump. McCain is a U.S. senator from Arizona who is seeking re-election this year and was insulted by Trump last year.

"As John McCain has said, he will support the nominee of the Republican Party, who is now presumptively Donald Trump," said McCain's Senate campaign spokeswoman, Lorna Romero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom