• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

shem935

Banned
This is him basically saying that he accessed the server and didn't see anything interesting on there at the time.

Clinton camp response:"So, we are supposed to believe he hacked Clinton's emails, but decided against leaking any of them? Yeah, right."

Yup that's pretty much what I took away. If he had the evidence he would produce it. Especially since as your article mentions he only benefits from cooperating with the FBI.

Is it really ad time is nobody is watching? He'll just rant and rave about the usual, Hillary will comment it's a big waste of time (politely). More emails. More release the transcripts. More blah blah blah nobody cares. They'll put an F tier moderator on.

He lost. Everyone I know is sick and tired of him and they want him to go away. And these are people who used to respect him and even voted for him.

He's going to go out without his dignity and destroy the legacy he's been trying to build.

It's free in the sense that his most loyal people will watch it. He can try nd raise some funds off of it. He can hope Hillary says something disqualifying, although, at this point, that's just him being hopeful. He would get all 3 cable news networks to devote the evening to the Dem race, which is something none of them are going to do otherwise. He could also use it to tell the people of California that Hillary doesn't think their voice matters, etc.

I dislike him. A lot. Probably bordering on loathing, and while I think he should drop out, he needs to do it in a way that won't alienate is real supporters. It's his legacy he's tarnishing, so what becomes of it is up to him.

Plus, I don't think he wants to see it end. For most of his career, he's been yelling at clouds and (often) empty rooms. People are listening to him now. It'd be hard for a lot of people to give that up.

I also don't have the right to be hyper critical since I was still supporting Hillary up until the day she dropped out in 2008. Helped her retire her debt too....

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My favorite part about this GOP rush to support Trump is the clear talking point being pushed out about Hillary being "a third term of Obama." I heard it on Fox News repeatedly last night and today and several (including Mitch McConnell) used it in their press release supporting Trump.

Interesting they're going that route when Obama's poll numbers keep rising.

mo60

The best thing Mccain could have done is avoid supporting Hilary and Trump for the presidency. It looks Mccain is now in fight to keep his senate seat since the democrats can now attach him to donald trump pretty easily. There's a good chance he loses his senate seat in this election cycle.

Drakeon

My favorite part about this GOP rush to support Trump is the clear talking point being pushed out about Hillary being "a third term of Obama." I heard it on Fox News repeatedly last night and today and several (including Mitch McConnell) used it in their press release supporting Trump.

It's like they took the wrong message from Obama's 2008 run where he tied McCain to Bush. It doesn't work when the sitting president is popular guys.

The issue is that's usually the right pivot when a 3rd term pops up, as 2nd term President's usually end up unpopular (Reagan/Bush II, LBJ, etc.) or in weird Clintonian situations (Clinton's job approval high, but the Monica thing) means that a popular 2nd term scandal free President having a close ally running to succeed them isn't something either party has memory of, as even Nixon wasn't that close to Eisenhower.

andthebeatgoeson

The best thing Mccain could have done is avoid supporting Hilary and Trump for the presidency. It looks Mccain is now in fight to keep his senate seat since the democrats can now attach him to donald trump pretty easily. There's a good chance he loses his senate seat in this election cycle.
Hooray.

As a few of us were saying in here earlier this year, the GOP is all talk when it comes to voting. They will ALWAYS come around and vote for the candidate. They hate Hillary (for what reason I still can't understand), and that will unite them.

She and her husband revived the liberal brand. Before them, every Democrat wanted to be moderate.

Which is why I boggle when people call her centrist or conservative lite. She's not far left, but she's solidly left.

Clefargle

All the republicans are gonna take turns kowtowing and licking the boots of the guy that just walked in, burnt their circus to the ground and took over. It's amazingly juicy Shadenfreud to see them all support the guy they've been calling every terrible name for a year.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm watching the Wolf/Trump interview and Trump is so full of shit. Call his ass out Wolf, do your job!

EDIT: He's doing it! He's doing his job!

My Berniebro is having a bad day, so I invented a cocktail called the GOP.

It taste like crow, bitterness and regret.

But mostly regret.

It's vodka. In a glass. With ice.

I don't know why anyone thought the GOP would have a god damn backbone.

Trump will let them get 90% of what they want. Hillary will let them get 0%. It's a no brainer. They can use 4 years to fuck over the country enough to make their corporate over lords happy.

That sounds more like the position a lot of senators are staking out.

"Donald Trump is the Republican nominee for President and I already agreed to support the Republican nominee for president."

"But Senator, do you endorse Donald Trump?"

"..."

"Well, like I said, I am a republican, and Donald Trump is the nominee."
If McCain says he will support the GOP nominee without mentioning He Who Shall Not Be Named, it's a show of support of Trump. That's all Democrats needed. It's a big trap and they're all falling like lemmings in it. I'm kinda surprised McCain and Lindsey Graham didn't put a united front here.

The GOP is full of fucking cowards. And bigots.

I want attack dogs on this for decades. Literally as long as possible. Every single person that endorses Trump needs to have that thrown in their faces every week, and definitely during each election season. They should be ashamed of themselves for supporting that platform, and the electorate's punishment should continue until they're all given the boot.

I've always wondered why Sanders style progressivism took such a strong hold on Reddit while things like racial justice, feminism and transgender rights are still met with such hostility.

At times, I can't help but feel it's the usual shit of white male progressives only being passionate liberals when they directly benefit.

I want attack dogs on this for decades. Literally as long as possible. Every single person that endorses Trump needs to have that thrown in their faces every week, and definitely during each election season. They should be ashamed of themselves for supporting that platform, and the electorate's punishment should continue until they're all given the boot.

And what will this accomplish? This sounds like a very emotional response for no reason but to delight in other people being shamed.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've always wondered why Sanders style progressivism took such a strong hold on Reddit while things like racial justice, feminism and transgender rights are still met with such hostility.

At times, I can't help but feel it's the usual shit of white male progressives only being passionate liberals when they directly benefit.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but its definitely true that anger at banks and anger at the school system is definitely more relatable to Reddit's demographics than those other things

pigeon

Banned
And what will this accomplish? This sounds like a very emotional response for no reason but to delight in other people being shamed.

Well, theoretically, it would result in a lot of GOP politicians losing their seats, which seems like a pretty big win to me.

I would love to see the Venn diagram of the modern reddit Bernie progressives and reddit Ron Paul supporters from the last election cycles.

Its because Sanders economic policy would directly positively affect them, where as racial equality, and trans/women's rights don't. They are a bunch of hate nerds who don't care about anyone but themselves regardless of what they say. They just like being able to call conservatives racist/sexist without actually having to do any of the required work to be actual progressives who care about people's needs that differ from their own.

Well, theoretically, it would result in a lot of GOP politicians losing their seats, which seems like a pretty big win to me.

Ok the more I learn about the gallblader the more I lose my reading comprehension (thought this was targeted at his supporters, not politicians supporting him).

Still brings up some means justifying the ends kinda qualms in my mind (a lot of this politicians are just playing the game as screwed up as their beliefs and endorsements are) but GOP losing power seems like a win in almost any scenario (unless the DNC really is a secret cabal).

Its because Sanders economic policy would directly positively affect them, where as racial equality, and trans/women's rights don't. They are a bunch of hate nerds who don't care about anyone but themselves regardless of what they say. They just like being able to call conservatives racist/sexist without actually having to do any of the required work to be actual progressives who care about people's needs that differ from their own.

So basically people again? Pretty much everyone is selfish at a hardwired level, it just depends on what people consider their in group (which can be influenced by a lot of things).

56215932.jpg
i laughed at this
tom's references are always from that specific era

Ok the more I learn about the gallblader the more I lose my reading comprehension (thought this was targeted at his supporters, not politicians supporting him).

Still brings up some means justifying the ends kinda qualms in my mind (a lot of this politicians are just playing the game as screwed up as their beliefs and endorsements are) but GOP losing power seems like a win in almost any scenario (unless the DNC really is a secret cabal).

So basically people again? Pretty much everyone is selfish at a hardwired level, it just depends on what people consider their in group (which can be influenced by a lot of things).

After almost dying because of my gallbladder.....fuck the gallbladder.

Thank God for Donald Trump.

At the coda of the Obama presidency, mere months before the tea party was supposed to shock the country and take the white house, a brazen political outsider has burst into the arena uninvited and destroyed the entire foundation of the Republican party. And like a phoenix of lore, within months it will be born anew, speciously similar to the GOP but fundamentally different. This is the death of Reagan conservatism, and the base is ringing the bell as loud as they can.

Donald Trump has exposed to everyone what many had suspected: that the success of the tea party was not because people wanted tea party conservatism, but because they were anti-establishment. Trump fits conservatism like gloves on OJ. Trans people entering bathrooms of their choice? It's whatever. Christianity? He says he's a big fan, but we know his knowledge of the bible starts and ends with Charles Heston. Balanced budget?
Trump said:
I would insist on it relatively soon. Right now we're so under, we're so far under that you can't go too quickly. But I would absolutely insist on it relatively soon.
Sounds like he has little conviction in this regard. In fact, by most measures, he really is a poor conservative.

And yet he's drawn in the base with the now infamous campaign promises only a true fascist could come up with. The truth was, the same forces that primaried Eric Cantor, rejected McCarthy for speaker, elected Ted Cruz and shut down the entire federal government in an unprecedented fiduciary putsch... elected the un-conservative. By a landslide. They don't want a smaller government; they want to control immigration. They don't want free trade; they want their jobs back. They don't want war; they just want to kick ISIS ass. Israel is negotiable; maybe Japan should have nukes; our military presence around the world is a bum deal; and Bush didn't keep up safe! This is the champion of the Republican politics.

Imagine, for a moment, that every Republican politician was 70% similar to Trump. What would life be like? Horrible, you cry! But maybe you're wrong. Sure, there's now a registry for Muslim immigrants. Yeah, we're not accepting refugees anymore. And ok, we're flat out kicking the children back across the border (a Guatamela, perdedores!). And as Ann Coulter would say, for not-Americans, things are bleak.

But now picture what we have gained. There is no constant march to war (The Syrians? Who cares?). Gay marriage is whatever. The budget gets passed, and every single day a new deal is made in congress across the aisle. Nobody touches Medicare or Social Security: those are good the way they are. Religion? Oh, yeah, we love "Two-Corinthians". And maybe Obamacare is still under attack, but by and large the frenetic race to the right is over.

If you really think Trump is bad, you forgot that there's much worse. Trump's a racist... But the Bushes lied to America. They propped Saddam up and then risked American lives to tear him down. W and Cheney abused their power in ways that would make Nixon proud. Before John Boehner, the three prior Republican speakers of the house were revolting human beings while simulatenously lording over American morality like modern Winthrops. The conservatives blamed the EPA for Flint, Michigan, and then blocked federal relief funding. The tea party shut down the entire government because they don't know how economics works and big numbers scare them.

In most respects Donald Trump is leaps and bounds better than your average elephant.

The best part of all of this is that Republicans will learn this lesson well. Pandora's box has been unlocked. No more conservative litmus tests. No more proving you're the biggest baddest budget cutter there ever was. No more pandering to religious freaks and sucking Pat Robertson's dick in the back of his biblemobile just to get evangelicals. No more getting castrated just because you tried making a deal with Democrats - deals are good! What you really need is a simple dedication to true Americans: say no to bad trade deals and corporate overlords. Be tough on immigration. Be tough on terror. That's all you need. The playbook is dead; long live the playbook.

So hurrah to the Donald! And welcome to the new America.

User1608

Banned
So people? Use them as a lesson of what happens if you don't take copious time to self reflect and challenge your own beliefs and empathize with the other side.
I certainly have used them as a lesson.
It'll be among the most shameful moments for those who lose this fall, that's for sure. No pity.
For now, when Trump really starts tanking in the GE, we'll see plenty summer soldiers.
Hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom