• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't drag humans, you can only push them (understand their motivations and appeal to them that way instead of beating them over the heads that they are bigoted assholes however correct that is).

I should have phrased that differently. We'll drag the country where it needs to go, and those that don't come along can be guilted and shamed into keeping their narrow mindedness to themselves. There's no place for it.

Needs salt.

His tears provided that. It's been a bad day for him.

You guys need to get involved in local politics especially if you live in urban areas.

I routinely chill with city councilmen, state reps/senators, get invited to fundraisers for Clinton and other high profile dems (I'm too poor to go, Kev can you give me a loan?)

You guys need to get involved in local politics especially if you live in urban areas.

I routinely chill with city councilmen, state reps/senators, get invited to fundraisers for Clinton and other high profile dems (I'm too poor to go, Kev can you give me a loan?)
How do you go about starting this?

I say this all the time to people locally. If you like politics, get involved in local races. You'll actually feel like you're making a huge difference. It's a small pool of people. You can end up meeting a lot of the bigger names. I've met Sherrod Brown twice, Hillary twice (but only spoke to her once for about 10 seconds...IT COUNTS DAMN IT), tons of local/state representatives. It's a lot of fun, even if you don't live in a huge city. In fact, the smaller the area the bigger the impact you can have.

Also, the fact that I am earning achievements for watching Veep on Amazon Prime is hilariously sad.

How do you go about starting this?

Find your local Democratic party. Most counties have one, depending on where you live. They usually have monthly/quarterly meetings. Any local person who is running for something will hit up the party headquarters for volunteers/people.

Like, during high school football season, we do voter registration drives, hand out fliers for candidates, and do all that kind of stuff. A lot of times, the candidates show up and we get to mingle with them. It's a lot of fun, and a great way to make contacts if you want to be engaged in politics.

Local races are a lot easier to impact than bigger ones.

Edit: Sorry. I meant to hit edit.

That absolutely sucks, ultrasounds are laughably easy for a hospital to do and this seems like an absurdly easy diagnosis to make so the healthcare field failed you. Sadly I don't see myself going into ER or internal medicine but a lot of my classmates don't seem like people who would miss this or not fight for you so hopefully it doesnt happen to the next person (hopefully hillary can work on getting to UHC fast).

One of the big issues with the cost of our healthcare industry is that since we don't have coverage for a lot of people, they don't go in (or doctors won't order) routine check-ups just to be safe, and we miss a lot of conditions that could've been fixed earlier for much less hassle (financial and physical for the patient). I've got a lot of medical folks in the family, and it's a thing they rage about (while voting Republican).

I'm thinking about volunteering in GA since we might actually be a swing state this election.

Same in MS. Run-up turnout in the Delta, and find some key regions of the state where the business wing of the GOP reigns (so, Tunica and the Coast), and it could flip.

royalan

Nobody seems to be talking about Birdie on CNN tonight.

The two emails I got from the Clinton campaign today? Not a single mention of him. Or the primary race. All Trump.

Good.

D4R1Ksy.gif

Kangi

The two emails I got from the Clinton campaign today? Not a single mention of him. Or the primary race. All Trump.

Good.

D4R1Ksy.gif

The general election is underway, whether Bernie realizes it or not.

Good.

D4R1Ksy.gif

Maybe he should nominate Susan Sarandon as his Veep selection? It worked so well for Calgary Cruz.

pigeon

Banned
Imagine, for a moment, that every Republican politician was 70% similar to Trump. What would life be like? Horrible, you cry! But maybe you're wrong. Sure, there's now a registry for Muslim immigrants. Yeah, we're not accepting refugees anymore. And ok, we're flat out kicking the children back across the border (a Guatamela, perdedores!). And as Ann Coulter would say, for not-Americans, things are bleak.

But now picture what we have gained. There is no constant march to war (The Syrians? Who cares?). Gay marriage is whatever. The budget gets passed, and every single day a new deal is made in congress across the aisle. Nobody touches Medicare or Social Security: those are good the way they are. Religion? Oh, yeah, we love "Two-Corinthians". And maybe Obamacare is still under attack, but by and large the frenetic race to the right is over.

If you really think Trump is bad, you forgot that there's much worse.

I mean, literally this post says "if we put Muslims in camps but the trains run on time, it's a win."

So maybe you should be happy you didn't get more responses.

No one was happier about Cruz losing than the leaders of the Indiana Democratic Party.

Ted Cruz Latest Victim of the Mike Pence Effect

Mike Pence’s ideology hurts economy opportunities for the state, political allies too

INDIANAPOLIS – Like Indiana’s economy and national reputation, Republican Presidential Candidate Senator Ted Cruz tonight became the latest victim of Governor Mike Pence’s deep unpopularity with Hoosier voters.

“Hoosier Republicans rejected Ted Cruz this evening and in the process, rejected Mike Pence. The fact that a majority of Republican voters found the candidate their own Governor endorsed too out of touch speaks volumes about how unpopular Mike Pence has become with Hoosiers across the state,” said Drew Anderson, communications director. “It’s no secret Mike Pence and Ted Cruz are two peas in a pod with their social agenda as they have driven away economic opportunities and scared off young Hoosiers and moderates of their own party. The fact is, though, Mike Pence is simply not getting the job done, and it’s why Hoosiers are coalescing around John Gregg and his common sense ideas to move Indiana forward.”

Cruz earlier this primary considered Indiana a ‘must-win’ state and tied his fortunes to Mike Pence – another politician that prioritizes a social agenda ahead of the state’s well-being. And after what was labeled a ‘lame’ endorsement by some in the national media, Mike Pence still traveled the state with Cruz and even appeared in radio and television commercials on his behalf. This effort all fell short as Donald Trump won Indiana’s Republican Primary this evening.

So overall, it appears that Mike Pence just shot another air ball as Indiana’s governor.

I mean, literally this post says "if we put Muslims in camps but the trains run on time, it's a win."

So maybe you should be happy you didn't get more responses.
Pretty sure the Donald has never proposed putting Muslims in camps and has said publicy he does not support FDR's position.

With a white nationalist in power, we're always a change of heart away from a Korematsu for the new millennium. Fuck that.

The only thing that is improved about the new Republican political outlook is that the racism is more overt and thus easier to spot and call out. There are far fewer dog whistles from the white nationalist crowd. Otherwise, nope, trading Buckleyites for white nationalists doesn't fill me with joy.

ampere

Just applied for a local political job tonight, if it doesn't pan out I'll look at volunteering stuff. Either way kind of exciting to try to get involved.

Off topic nonsense:

Another crazy Isaac run... had Dr Fetus + Sad Bombs + Parasite + high damage. Parasite actually... made it tricky since the extra bombs would be almost impossible to see. Fortunately found two Algiz runs and popped one on ??? and on on Mega Satan

pic of the craziness

Pretty sure the Donald has never proposed putting Muslims in camps and has said publicy he does not support FDR's position.

No, he just supported a blanket ban on any of them entering the country even if they were American citizens. Because why build camps when there's a whole big world out there for them to not be in America in?

Another crazy Isaac run... had Dr Fetus + Sad Bombs + Parasite + high damage. Parasite actually... made it tricky since the extra bombs would be almost impossible to see. Fortunately found two Algiz runs and popped one on ??? and on on Mega Satan

those sure are a lot of words you just typed

With a white nationalist in power, we're always a change of heart away from a Korematsu for the new millennium. Fuck that.
While never overturned, the late Scalia called it the worst decision since Dred Scott. It wouldn't be upheld in a modern court.
The only thing that is improved about the new Republican political outlook is that the racism is more overt and thus easier to spot and call out. There are far fewer dog whistles from the white nationalist crowd. Otherwise, nope, trading Buckleyites for white nationalists doesn't fill me with joy.
I try to see the silver lining in things.

No, he just supported a blanket ban on any of them entering the country even if they were American citizens. Because why build camps when there's a whole big world out there for them to not be in America in?
No. The ban does not include citizens.

Just applied for a local political job tonight, if it doesn't pan out I'll look at volunteering stuff. Either way kind of exciting to try to get involved.

Off topic nonsense:

pic of the craziness

Good luck with the job. Awesome run! :)

watershed

Banned
It just grosses me out that Donald Trump is the republican nominee for president of the united states. My body and brain can't handle it.

Plumbob

No. The ban does not include citizens.

That's not accurate:

The Guardian said:
Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said Trump’s proposed ban would apply to “everybody”, including Muslims seeking immigration visas as well as tourists seeking to enter the country. Another Trump staffer confirmed that the ban would also apply to American Muslims who were currently overseas – presumably including members of the military and diplomatic service. “This does not apply to people living in the country,” Trump said in an interview on Fox News, “but we have to be vigilant.”.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...l-muslims-entering-us-san-bernardino-shooting

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-ban-on-muslims-entering-the-u-s-would-work/

WaPo said:
Although Trump's aides had initially said no one would be exempt from the "total" ban, Trump began listing exceptions he would make: U.S. citizens who are Muslim and traveling abroad would be allowed to reenter, along with Muslim members of the U.S. military returning from tours overseas. Muslim leaders of foreign countries would also be allowed in and exceptions would be made for athletes headed to the U.S. to compete.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Can we just be real for one second, you're both finding sources to back you up because Trump is full of shit and is constantly changing his mind on shit like that. What answer you get is going to depend entirely on his mood and what he just saw on twitter.

Acting like he has hard policy stances on anything outside of the wall is just laughable.

Hmm... looking at the sources, it's a choice between Trump and Trump, I gotta go with Trump here.

Can we just be real for one second, you're both finding sources to back you up because Trump is full of shit and is constantly changing his mind on shit like that. What answer you get is going to depend entirely on his mood and what he just saw on twitter.

Acting like he has hard policy stances on anything outside of the wall is just laughable.
No, Trump has never said citizens would be banned. Only his staffers. You can read the Guardian link again, if you'd like. You may borrow my bifocals.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...-age-to-21/?cid=facebook_CBS13_CBS_Sacramento

Wtf! Between June 9th and June 14th, I will no longer be able to buy cigarettes. This is bullshit.

Grab a couple extra packs if you're really that addicted.

Personally though, I'd use it as an excuse to kick the habit. I've seen what that shit does to you and you want no part of that.

Anyone have some links showing free trade agreements aren't as bad as Bernie & Trump make then out to be?

The WTO has a simple 10 point list, but the people you're talking to would probably write them off. The fact is that it's an incredibly complex issue that economists can and have written books upon books about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom