• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, how crazy was marriage equality in 2014? I still can't believe it sometimes. It just exploded. As if all if the sudden, two dozen States were like "Oh, shit. You guys wanna get married? Well why didn't you say so!? Go for it, I don't care. Congrats, you crazy kids." It seemed like we had a thread every two weeks on the expansion of the genderless dystopia. Just makes me so happy to think about. It's really, really nice to get a win.

GutsOfThor

My mom heard on NBC that Trump picking Susanna Martinez as his running mate would be sheer genius. How would that be genius when she has nearly run this state into the fucking ground? I'm guessing they may have data showing Latinos would support Trump if he picked a Latina as his running mate?

ampere

She wouldn't need a super pac if there weren't super pacs running attacks on her. It isn't complicated.

Yea as against Super PACs as I am, I can't really fault Hillary for playing the game. She has Super PACs against her, what's she supposed to do, fight on principle and risk losing? Not worth the risk

gcubed

My mom heard on NBC that Trump picking Susanna Martinez as his running mate would be sheer genius. How would that be genius when she has nearly run this state into the fucking ground? I'm guessing they may have data showing Latinos would support Trump if he picked a Latina as his running mate?

It's a continuation of "pandering to a demographic never fails" when we have seen that it always fails

Teggy

Morning Joe says he won't vote for Trump if he doesn't back off the Muslim ban:

"Morning Joe" host Joe Scarborough, who's long been criticized for appearing too pro-Donald Trump, said Thursday morning he won’t vote for the presumptive Republican nominee if he continues to stand by his proposed temporary ban on Muslim immigration.

“The convention offers him an opportunity – [it] will be the first time a lot of Americans have really looked at Donald Trump, the candidate. We see this all the time. The vice presidential selection offers him an opportunity,” Scarborough said, noting Trump is running out of chances to ideologically pivot as a candidate.

Trump isn't backing off the Muslim ban:

Republican Donald Trump didn't back down from his proposed temporary ban on Muslim immigration into the country in a Wednesday interview on NBC's "Nightly News."

"I do. We have to be vigilant. We have to be strong," Trump said when anchor Lester Holt asked if Trump stood by his controversial policy plans as the party's presumptive presidential nominee.

Should be interesting to watch Joe squirm.

Why would McCain openly endorse Trump, when he knows his state just became a legit Battle Ground and his senate race is going to be more effected by being with Trump?

I cannot believe that John McCain's mother is still alive. I always figured he was the oldest human being on the planet and yet she's still around.

ampere

I'm honestly surprised that W and Jr said they won't support Trump, although I think they'd be crazy if they did.

I hope this inspires other voters on the fence to stay home or vote Hillary

He has basically no infrastructure at all. He's been flying this by the seat of his pants the entire time.

Then he is either going to spend mass amount of money in trying to build everything up ,or he'll rely on the internet mostly and spend little on staffing. I think he might fly to areas and give out speeches, do rallies, and do interviews most of the time. It seems like he'll do many things himself because he'll have little staff and no surrogates. That also means that in many cases he alone and is VP will be the biggest defenders of the campaign. Very little of the GOP is going to offer and do any back up to protect him. The biggest advantage he has is that he uses the media for his advantages. He won the primaries just on sheer popularity, unless the other campaigns were complete crap themselves in terms of infrastructure.

Maledict

Because they are frightened of losing, and (like most politics) it's not about doing the right thing, it's just about winning. Pissing off Latino's is bad enough for him, but pissing off his white angry base would be even worse so he's stuck with that.

McCain has had numerous opportunities to rise above his party, and become the sort of figure he was portrayed as being back in 2000. At every attempt he's shrunk back down, afraid of losing re-election and afraid of his own party. We just need to accept he's a typical craven politician who would do anything to get a vote, and he's no difference than any other republican.

Maledict

I'm honestly surprised that W and Jr said they won't support Trump, although I think they'd be crazy if they did.

I know people are questioning the idea of republicans voting for HIllary, but in 2008 Obama managed to get approximately 10% of republican voters due to the campaign McCain ran, Palin being on the ticket and the historic nature of it. People *will* cross party lines under the right circumstances, and I don't think Donald Trump could be anything other than those circumstances. If it wasn't HIllary running I think we could honestly be looking at an apocalyptic election result for republicans, but even as it is I think she'll easily beat that 10% figure.

You can guarantee that a lot of the smarter, more socially liberal republican donors are, behind closed doors, lining up to support her. Not because they think it will buy them influence (it won't - it didn't with Obama!), but because they know what a disaster Trump would be for the country).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump thinks he can be competitive in New York?

Ahahahaha.

bender-laughing.gif

The notion that the only living Republican presidents are not going to endorse their own candidate, while the Democrats have three living presidents, two of which will actively campaign and are both extremely popular is amazing.

CCS

Banned
Lmao Trump not self-funding. Now his potential attacks on Hillary on that particular area are effectively nullified.

Isn't going to stop people being obnoxious on the Internet about it though :p

I am 100% certain that the Hillary campaign has a barrage of material on Trump that they're waiting to unleash. I can't wait for it.

One thing I've been thinking about, is how her biggest misstep this campaign has been to seemingly celebrate the collapse of the coal industry. Because she's such a corporate shill right? And she doesn't really care about the environment right?

Someone was pondering on my facebook feed last night 'Why would she defund the campaign finance system that got her elected?' It's so blinkered. Because it's also the campaign finance system that funded all the attack ads against her maybe?

In terms of gun control, lets say Clinton doesn't want assault rifles to be legal. And lets say this is in no small part because a big bunch of people are coming after her with assault rifles. So she picks up an assault rifle herself, to defend herself from an attack that's only legal because assault rifles are legal, and her neighbor, who the people aren't coming after calls her a hypocrite for using an assault rifle.

She wouldn't need a super pac if there weren't super pacs running attacks on her. It isn't complicated.

I feel like I've been pointing this out about her position on campaign finance reform constantly. The silence I get in response is deafening.

ampere

I feel like I've been pointing this out about her position on campaign finance reform constantly. The silence I get in response is deafening.

Clooney's response the fundraiser he held was actually very clear and addresses the situation well. "We don't want big money in politics, but it's there so we fundraise to compete with the republicans so we can take the Supreme Court and get rid of Citizen's United"

Any negative response to this is going to be either immature or unrealistic. Money works on the downticket and the Kochs have a big check ready. What I'm saying is all you can do is explain it in simple terms, but you can't get someone who is covering their ears to listen

Isn't going to stop people being obnoxious on the Internet about it though :p

I am 100% certain that the Hillary campaign has a barrage of material on Trump that they're waiting to unleash. I can't wait for it.

It's pretty clear that they've been readying their attacks and counter-attacks for a while now. The nice thing about Trump is that, once you understand who and what he is, he's actually super predictable. Bet they had this shit focus tested and ready to go months ago.

Hillary's camp was the only one to have started seriously researching Trump way back last year. She's the only candidate who had done this, on either side. The GOP didn't take him seriously, got cocky, and didn't treat him with the care they needed to. They didn't start taking him seriously until mid winter. They had nothing on him, not because nothing existed, but because they hadn't even bothered looking. Hillary isn't like that. She has a year's worth of research on him, along with years of personal experience with him.

The fact that she takes every candidate, no matter how much of a joke they are, as serious threats really shows just how well oiled her machine is. It never leaves anything to chance and doesn't underestimate anyone.

Makes me wonder if she has some dirt on Carson stored away from research, just because "what if" and she didn't want to be left unprepared.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm sure this analogy has been made before, but Berniebros (and Bernie himself) are totally the assholes in the Night's watch who can only focus on how much they hate wildlings despite the fact that there is a fucking unstoppable zombie army coming to kill everyone.

Bernie is Alliser Thorne, Olly is every fucking idiot on reddit.

User 406

Banned
WOOO ANOTHER TWENTY PAGES OF CATCHING UP COMPLETE

I've shared it on GAF before, but my absolutely favorite facebook melt down was a far right friend of mine who was convinced Romney was going to beat Obama handily, who later in the night posted a diatribe about how Obama was winning with less than half of the popular vote, and then later on when Obama had clearly won the popular vote, posted a whole bunch of 'the world is over' stuff.

I would really love a link to this.

Is there a rating beyond Pants On Fire? Coz this is one.

PoliGAF blowing the curve, among other things. :^)

This is actually sort of correct and it scared me about myself. Sad!

FUCK!!!!

I'm crying. He's back in Ohio. Permanently.

FUCK

At least he can't be Governor again for a while.

I mean, after the rest of his term.

:(

CeQ9WYfWsAUwcYM.jpg

It's like the worst game of Snog, Marry, Avoid ever .

Nah, that one's easy. Fuck Baird, marry the Dow, and kill absolutely everyone else on that screen including Fox Business, their parent company, and everyone in it.

With this:

>:{

I've been trying to do some research on Tom Perez since he's been getting talked about a lot and I got about a third of the way through an article thinking "Yeah what a badass" before realizing it was supposed to be a hit piece condemning him for his work towards racial justice.

I love those kind of articles. Every time I read one I'm all like "damn, where do I donate?"

Man, how crazy was marriage equality in 2014? I still can't believe it sometimes. It just exploded. As if all if the sudden, two dozen States were like "Oh, shit. You guys wanna get married? Well why didn't you say so!? Go for it, I don't care. Congrats, you crazy kids." It seemed like we had a thread every two weeks on the expansion of the genderless dystopia. Just makes me so happy to think about. It's really, really nice to get a win.

One of the parallels that I find encouraging is that it was precipitated by all those red states losing their shit and frantically passing anti-gay marriage laws and amendments. And now we have those same states frantically passing anti-trans laws, and our Supreme Court is about to get even leftier. I'm really hoping we'll be seeing a similar sudden reactive shift towards addressing trans issues, along with further progress in other LGBTQ areas.

I know people are questioning the idea of republicans voting for HIllary, but in 2008 Obama managed to get approximately 10% of republican voters due to the campaign McCain ran, Palin being on the ticket and the historic nature of it. People *will* cross party lines under the right circumstances, and I don't think Donald Trump could be anything other than those circumstances. If it wasn't HIllary running I think we could honestly be looking at an apocalyptic election result for republicans, but even as it is I think she'll easily beat that 10% figure.

I think because we're so used to Hillary being around we sometimes forget that her candidacy is also really historic. I think that will become even more magnified as we approach Election Day. HylianTom was right.

RNC: "We need to focus on the swing states or we're screwed."

Trump: "They're against me just like I figured. Won't even let me try to win my home state! Sad!"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

After Trump's complete dismantling of their family name, I'm not surprised.

Did anyone post the new Cook Political Report?

As a result, we are shifting 13 ratings on our Electoral Vote scorecard, almost all of them favoring Democrats. Our assessments are based on publicly available polling, data on demographic change and private discussions with a large number of pollsters in both parties. Much could change, but undecided voters begin more hostile to Trump than Clinton.

With these changes, 190 Electoral Votes are in the Solid Democratic column, 27 are in Likely Democratic and another 87 are in Lean Democratic - enough for a majority. Yet another 44 Electoral Votes are in Toss Up. Although Iowa, New Hampshire and Ohio could shift to Lean Democratic and Nevada could shift to Likely Democratic, we are holding off on changes in these states until we see more evidence.

jEG7At3.jpg

http://cookpolitical.com/story/9583

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So has anyone linked this anti-Trump ad from Hillary's team yet? Using the actual GOP candidates to take him down just makes it that much funnier.

donno why both Hillary and Bernie dont call Trump a racist when a anchor/reporter asks them if he is.

its pretty obvious

Because then the story becomes about that and Trump gets to play the victim. Besides, that's what Hillary has deBlasio for. He loves calling Trump a racist. (Now if only he could sort out his own shit)

Holmes

donno why both Hillary and Bernie dont call Trump a racist when a anchor/reporter asks them if he is.

its pretty obvious
It is obvious but it would be pretty divisive and would generate negative headlines, and Trump would be able to play the victim card. Much better to repeat what he's said and let people come to that conclusion on their own.

Calling him a racist is going scorched earth, allows him to play victim, and isn't telling anyone anything they don't already know

This is America. It's worse to be called a racist than to actually be one. It would literally drive sympathy votes to him.

It is obvious but it would be pretty divisive and would generate negative headlines, and Trump would be able to play the victim card. Much better to repeat what he's said and let people come to that conclusion on their own.

So has anyone linked this anti-Trump ad from Hillary's team yet? Using the actual GOP candidates to take him down just makes it that much funnier.

Because then the story becomes about that and Trump gets to play the victim. Besides, that's what Hillary has deBlasio for. He loves calling Trump a racist. (Now if only he could sort out his own shit)

smh, fucking people with their "bubut im not a racist, dont call me that!" victim card, they the first ones to say others are playing the race/women card tho!

Its better if they put everything he said out there and let people connect the dots themselves.

lol you know those who would probably make a circle outta that shit.

sigh but i guess it makes sense

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So New Mexico is the first Bush 04 state to likely be out of reach for Republicans this year. What's next? Virginia? Nevada?

Probably Nevada, although I would be very surprised if either of them aren't pretty clearly blue by November.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They need to shift Michigan to lean R.

All I keep reading online is how working class whites will sweep Trump to victory there!

Not yet. 8-10 years from now, yes.

There is no way Trump wins Florida with those terrible numbers with Hispanic voters, is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom