• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
The"off the record" interview he gave awhile ago might come back to haunt him if he's not careful.

That would be the obvious first glance response if Trump went with the Goldman attack, that he release the transcripts of that interview as well.

But he might call that bluff and actually release them. Who knows. And if it is as suggested where he says he isn't really for the policy he's been pushing with the wall, etc. Thats bad for Hillary. I think it is in Hillary's best interest that Trump double down on his xenophobic policy and he stay on course with where he was in the primary. She doesn't want his proposals to be "not serious", she should want everyone to take every single word he says seriously.

And I know the other obvious thought is that Trump would never release that because his base would feel betrayed and turn on him.. But at this point nothing has derailed the Trump train and I wouldn't count his supporters dropping him over this issue either with everyone else in the republican field gone.

Welp, I never thought it would happen, but I actually got Bernie Bro'd by a coworker last night over Facebook messenger (I rarely talk to him). I had the audacity to post something on Facebook marginally in support of Hillary ahead of the NJ primary (and now I REALLY hope we're the state that puts her over the top), and got the following:
him: "bro, you're in support of Hillary? Really?"
me: "Yes, but I'll support whoever gets nominated."
him: "Maybe we deserve Trump if it comes down to the two of them"
me: "No, we don't. And I like her."
him: "She doesn't know what she wants, she just wants a presidency and will say/do whatever it takes to manipulate people into getting it, as will he (Trump), hence why they both suck. "I honestly don't know many people that openly support her, and I haven't gotten good answers as to why"

Mind you this was after midnight EST last night. Like, I cannot tell you all how pissed off this made me, getting my opinion questioned, and his given to me completely unsolicited out of the blue. Hits all the talking points, too. I wonder how many male candidates would be called "manipulative". Refuses to believe ANY possibility that she could be seeking office to help people. "Doesn't know anyone that openly supports her". Like, a) maybe that's because you're in a fucking bubble, and b) "openly supports"? Is there something we should fear by supporting her?

Sorry to rant out of nowhere, but it managed to get me SO angry.

Yeah, but you'd only use it if he attacked her for being beholden to the financial sector. And you'd probably use it in concert with his actual, legitimate ties to the financial sector through his time in New York.

She just needs a good attack dog VP.

Yeah

if only all our best attack dogs were either so damn old or in GOP states.

Welp, I never thought it would happen, but I actually got Bernie Bro'd by a coworker last night over Facebook messenger (I rarely talk to him). I had the audacity to post something on Facebook marginally in support of Hillary ahead of the NJ primary (and now I REALLY hope we're the state that puts her over the top), and got the following:

Mind you this was after midnight EST last night. Like, I cannot tell you all how pissed off this made me, getting my opinion questioned, and his given to me completely unsolicited out of the blue. Hits all the talking points, too. I wonder how many male candidates would be called "manipulative". Refuses to believe ANY possibility that she could be seeking office to help people. "Doesn't know anyone that openly supports her". Like, a) maybe that's because you're in a fucking bubble, and b) "openly supports"? Is there something we should fear by supporting her?

Sorry to rant out of nowhere, but it managed to get me SO angry.

I've already posted about my similar experience last night, so I empathize.

But in response to this?

"I honestly don't know many people that openly support her, and I haven't gotten good answers as to why"

Tell them to go look in the mirror as to why most people keep their support of Clinton to themselves.

Holmes

Hillary when she wins the general

tumblr_inline_o6ojy1pJzJ1sso1z7_500.gif

Bob Dole will be at the convention. Bob Dole confirmed this. Bob Dole was the last person to lose to a Clinton in a national election. Bob Dole is okay with Trump. Bob Dole is quite old.

I've already posted about my similar experience last night, so I empathize.

But in response to this?

Tell them to go look in the mirror as to why most people keep their support of Clinton to themselves.

Right? They always start by feigning shock that I, of all people, don't like Bernie (or actually like Hillary?!).

Seriously get out of my face.

I really need to stop posting in OT political threads. It's like toxic sludge at this point.
But how else will you know what opinion everyone has already shared over and over in other similar threads?

That's all it is to me. "Let me rephrase my opinion in a slightly different way to suit this topic"

today in social media: i call out my facebook friends for the fact that i've had to post half the shit i've posted about politics, because none of them are capable of searching google (for anything posted by the times, post, or vox, for starters) or venturing outside of their goddamn self-imposed echo chambers

Jon Ralston ‏@RalstonReports 13m13 minutes ago
It's barely noon out here, and @SenDeanHeller already essentially has endorsed @CatherineForNV and said she will win. I love my job.

Jon Ralston ‏@RalstonReports 10m10 minutes ago
Jon Ralston Retweeted Jonathan Singer
A. Heller said she is an "excellent" candidate.
B. He said Latinos will turn out in droves.
C. She is Latina.
So...Jon Ralston added,

haha what

ampere

Right? They always start by feigning shock that I, of all people, don't like Bernie (or actually like Hillary?!).

Seriously get out of my face.

Reminds me a bit of a few years ago a college acquaintance would argue with me any time I posted a climate research article and basically say I was an idiot for believing climate change.

It was pretty frustrating lol

dramatis

Bernie Sanders’s Online Foot Soldiers Weigh Their Next Campaign
But bringing around this vocal and defiant core of Sanders supporters may not be easy. One need only surf through the dozens of Reddit forums devoted to Mr. Sanders, or the comments on his Facebook page, to find countless examples of ambivalence, if not outright hostility, toward Mrs. Clinton.

On Twitter, the hashtags #BernieOrBust and #StillSanders have been used more than a million times since January, according to Zignal Labs, an analytics company that tracks social media. Some Sanders supporters have even co-opted the Republican hashtag #NeverHillary.

Already, some of the technology professionals who volunteered countless hours to the Sanders campaign are turning away from Mrs. Clinton and toward progressive candidates further down the ballot.

“If Bernie doesn’t win, we need to still carry that torch, as it were,” said Jon Hughes, a developer who built voteforbernie.org and helped organize the campaign’s digital volunteers. “And there are a lot of great candidates out there that can do that.”

Bowdz

Tom Perez is on CNN right now and goddamn is he crushing it. He needs to be the VP choice. Great attack dog, is hitting minimum wage flip flopping by Trump perfectly, and ending every answer with immigration which is awesome. He is ON. FUCKING. POINT. SON.

#TeamPerez

Tom Perez is on CNN right now and goddamn is he crushing it. He needs to be the VP choice. Great attack dog, is hitting minimum wage flip flopping by Trump perfectly, and ending every answer with immigration which is awesome. He is ON. FUCKING. POINT. SON.

#TeamPerez
Told you guys he's the best choice. He speaks Spanish too.

#TeamPerez

As a labor nerd, I'm on Team Perez

Fuchsdh

Well this really annoyed me, showed up on Facebook:

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/04/thi...ook/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I’m flummoxed by friends who exclusively feed their children organic food but suddenly are agnostic on GMOs and which pesticide companies give to which candidates). Previously, I might have elided over these unholy corporate ties, too, as being unavoidable. That maybe as a woman, Hillary has to play rough and get the money where she can in order to stay in the game. But I don’t feel that way any more, because Senator Sanders has shown he can actually run a campaign without taking corporate money or having mainstream media attention. What about equal pay? Looking at the numbers, Hillary plays her female staff less than the men, according to this report while Bernie Sanders pays his female staff more than men–a distinctive data point the media seemed to have missed completely.

And what does the linked source used for that statement actually say?

Although Bernie Sanders’ campaign pays women on average a little under $1,000 more than men, the top ten highest-paid employees are all male. [...]
Hillary Clinton’s campaign is also fairly equitable, with male and female staffers making essentially the same amount of money.

And someone posted this on Facebook with a "TIL Hillary pays her women less." Grr. Support whatever candidate you want, just don't buy into shit that took all of one minute to debunk.

Reminds me a bit of a few years ago a college acquaintance would argue with me any time I posted a climate research article and basically say I was an idiot for believing climate change.

It was pretty frustrating lol

It's the faux-respect they approach with, and the faux-surprise that I of all people, support "x" that gets under my skin the most.

Bowdz

Told you guys he's the best choice. He speaks Spanish too.

Yeah, you definitely nailed that one. He is head and shoulders above any other potential VP IMO. Having a hispanic VP who is fluent in Spanish in election where the opponent already has the highest unfavorables amongst the demographic ever seen will be devastating. Just have Perez doing Spanish television everyday, hitting AZ, and then camping out in the rust belt with Biden and they'll own this.

#TeamPerez
Awesome, I hope she goes with him then.

Bowdz

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...finance-chair-has-given-twice-as-much-to-dems

Lmao

Donald Trump's new national finance chairman has donated more than twice as much to Democrats as he has to Republicans, Buzzfeed News reported after reviewing Federal Election Commission filings.

Since 1998, Steve Mnuchin, the chairman and CEO of Dune Capital Management LP, has given more than $125,000 to candidates and committees that disclose their donors, according to Buzzfeed.
More than half of his donations have gone to Democrats.

In the 2008 presidential election cycle, Mnuchin gave to Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John Edwards and Chris Dodd. He has also donated to Obama and Clinton's Senate campaigns and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.

So, when Trump lent money to his primary campaign, would that loan gain interest? Like, when he pays it back, will it be a bigger amount? Can he pay it back with money he gets during his general election campaign?

What I'm asking is, did Donald Trump just destroy the Republican Party, and make them pay for the privilege?

Bowdz

So how much of an effort at registering Hispanics en masse in Texas should the Dems make this cycle? I don't think there is a scenario where Clinton beats Trump in TX, but should she start laying the groundwork for 2020 and 2024 with a concerted effort or just focus on trying to flip AZ?

So how much of an effort at registering Hispanics en masse in Texas should the Dems make this cycle? I don't think there is a scenario where Clinton beats Trump in TX, but should she start laying the groundwork for 2020 and 2024 with a concerted effort or just focus on trying to flip AZ?

a lot because they have trump to vote against and trump supporting congressmen/women. We shouldn't not focus on registration drives because it might not matter. remember once they get registered they start getting in databases campaigns use. If they're not registered they're invisible

That's different than having clinton campaign there

Cipherr

HRC's social media is going at Trump 24x7. You wouldn't know there was still a primary going on to look at it.

Good. Nice to see they clearly understand how to approach this; not that I was all that worried.

Thats risky. He will show up at the debate and have an hour for himself without Hillary there to defend herself.

Nope, networks won't air anything with the clear winner not showing up. No one wants to put the clear 2nd place person on a podium alone to talk to himself.

Where is that twitter story (storify?) that explained Bernie's non-white problems? Need a graph from that page (to smack down some idiots) and can't find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom