• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already talked about all this. Now we will get Mael to come here and ask if corruption is an 'american thing' again. The audit was to check if the machines are working correctly, he explains that in the video, not to check to precincts results. Why they couldn't do both? I guess bureaucracy.

So they take a sample and count votes by hand, put them in the machine and see if they get the same results. The trick is this: it doesn't need to match the tally of the night, just the one done in the audit. If the sample of machines is deemed working all right the audit passes. It seems that they then used the election night count on the report (which is wrong, but I'm not election expert) but this audit has no influence on the poll results. So they didn't 'add' votes.

As I said before on this topic I'm sure that there was even more errors in other precincts, and that you can recount any election 3 times and get different results every time.

I know it's a very long video (and boring) but he explains that the procedure to actually recount a precinct result is a different process that needs to be requested by a candidate and/or through a court order. None of which was done.

Mael please don't bite, I'm having a deja vu lol

Must've missed the last discussion. But yeah, you're right about the procedure.

Bronx-Man

Banned
8bIk1cj.jpg

"Execute Order 66."

watershed

Banned
I hate to say this because it is petty of me, but i love seeing Bernie supporters facing the reality that Bernie just isn't the magical unicorn they thought he was. More so than Bernie supporters realizing the primary is over, I am endlessly entertained by Bernie supporters realizing that he isn't the second coming of Christ.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The speech thing just feels so dishonest at this point. Its clearly meant to play to people who aren't familiar with what corporate speeches are like

royalan

For obce, I would love for Hillary Clinton to embrace her celebrity.

"Want to know why I get paid $220,000 per speech, Bernie? Because I'm a former First Lady, former Senator, and former Secretary of State. Because I'm Hillary Fucking Clinton. They don't pay me for my words. They pay me for my presence."

She'd never do it, though. Lol

VRMN

Seriously Bernie, banks give money to people all the time! THATS WHAT THEY DO BERNIE!

Famous people who aren't in public office do get paid lots of money to give speeches all the time. It's really not an uncommon practice for large companies to give sizable speaking fees to notable dignitaries. You can't do it while you're in office, but when you're a private citizen it's fair game.

I hate to say this because it is petty of me, but i love seeing Bernie supporters facing the reality that Bernie just isn't the magical unicorn they thought he was. More so than Bernie supporters realizing the primary is over, I am endlessly entertained by Bernie supporters realizing that he isn't the second coming of Christ.

I can say that my opinion has not changed about Bernie, and probably won't. Then again, I never thought he was the Savior, just the first non-fringe candidate I could vote for that wasn't the lesser of two or more evils.

This. This is brilliant!

VRMN

I can say that my opinion has not changed about Bernie, and probably won't. Then again, I never thought he was the Savior, just the first non-fringe candidate I could vote for that wasn't the lesser of two or more evils.

This is how I felt about Obama in 2008.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm mostly mad at Bernie for disappointing me. Not for not going the distance, but for not being a candidate I could get behind. I support a lot of what he stands for ideologically, which is why I was tentatively in his camp, but the more I looked into things the more I just realized "no, this isn't the guy" and then "oh no this really isn't the guy"

Gruco

Banned
The speech thing just feels so dishonest at this point. Its clearly meant to play to people who aren't familiar with what corporate speeches are like

Literally Bernie's entire campaign is meant to play to people who aren't familiar with, like, whatever it is that he happens to be talking about at the moment.

Famous people who aren't in public office do get paid lots of money to give speeches all the time. It's really not an uncommon practice for large companies to give sizable speaking fees to notable dignitaries. You can't do it while you're in office, but when you're a private citizen it's fair game.

Oh they have to momentarily leave office to get their speech money before they go right back into office? Thats just swell.

Teggy

Heard on NPR that Trump will be giving speeches on
whatever his advisors write for him about
foreign policy and the military next week.

VRMN

Oh they have to momentarily leave office to get their speech money before they go right back into office? Thats just swell.

The first amendment is a tricky thing to get rid of, I know.

I never liked Obama. Unfortunately, as a black person, I was nearly lynched for sharing that with my friends and family in 2008.

I mean, if you don't like him, sure, but for me he stands as the example of the necessary tradeoffs between campaigning and governing. His presidency, while I appreciate it, has made me more skeptical of candidates like Sanders because a goal without a coherent plan is prone to failure. A lot of his plans were banking on continued engagement by the people who supported him and...that never materialized. So when Sanders says things like a million people showing up in DC to get Congress to vote for something, I just sigh.

Armaros

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-dem-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/jane-sanders-hillary-clinton-gun-violence-222276?cmpid=sf#superComments

"I just don't like to see it be politicized. I think that Secretary Clinton's gun record is a lot more spotty than Bernie's," Jane Sanders, the wife of the Democratic presidential candidate, said in an interview with CNN, after the network cut away from coverage of Clinton's panel in Hartford, Connecticut, that included, among others, the daughter of the principal killed at Sandy Hook Elementary in 2012.

What are you doing Jane? Using the classic 'we cant talk about gun control regarding a tragedy' defense?

hawk2025

What the "I don't want to see it politicized" people often fail to see is that some families of tragedies DO want to have it politicized as much as possible.

People that are no longer government officials are allowed to make money, yes.

They are even allowed to create non-profits that help thousands of people and study climate change by leveraging their history!

watershed

Banned

It's political tradition that candidates spouses say stupid thing. Bill Clinton does it all the time. It is sad that Jane Sanders is using the "don't politicize gun violence argument" but no one is paying attention to what she says anyways.

Holmes

For obce, I would love for Hillary Clinton to embrace her celebrity.

"Want to know why I get paid $220,000 per speech, Bernie? Because I'm a former First Lady, former Senator, and former Secretary of State. Because I'm Hillary Fucking Clinton. They don't pay me for my words. They pay me for my presence."

She'd never do it, though. Lol
She has said that, even today on GMA.

hawk2025

Which candidate was the biggest Prince fan? He or she has my vote.

I got you bro

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7341589/hillary-clinton-prince-statement

"I came out of an event in Hartford, Connecticut, and people told me, and I was so stunned," she said. "You think of him as being almost eternal. I mean he was a bigger-than-life personality, he was not only a songwriter and a singer but literally a one-man band. He was such a great showman. I just was so, so sad. And I just want everybody to spend some time reflecting on this American original. He was so extraordinary."

New York City!

Bernie´s state!

The best nominee that is possible!

And the democrats are throwing the election away!

For what? An unqualified inadecuate white woman!?

Yeah, private citizens can give paid speeches. Very simple.

I didnt say it wasnt. I quoted someone that couldnt find anything wrong with banks paying politicians millions of dollars. When i disagreed with him a bunch of people came and assured me that bribing politicians was perfectly legal (as if that was suppose to put my mind at ease).

I didnt say it wasnt. I quoted someone that couldnt find anything wrong with banks paying politicians millions of dollars.

And of course a bunch of people came and assured me that bribing politicians was perfectly legal (as if that was suppose to put my mind at ease).
People who work for banks != banks

Trancos

Do you mind linking me what you've read from experts?

Personal tax isn't even that complicated.

John Oliver has an excellent video on it, please watch the whole thing, but if you want just a soundbite please see at the 6:10 mark. Not even the IRS can keep up with all the tax changes in the tax code.

In 2015 there was 579 changes in the tax law. If even the IRS can't keep up I'm not sure how they ask individuals or small businesses to do it.

Did I made a horrible mistake? How deep does this rabbit hole go? I'm afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom