• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accidentally posted this in OT:
F40BC4A1-B6C1-4C19-B5DA-5EAA8F98F5D5.jpg

Probably my favorite news of the day, even more than the Uncle Joe news.

Holy hell.

It makes sense I think. He won't get many donors and fundraising would be hard for awhile. Creating data operations from the ground up would probably be extremely expensive. He will change his mind if he gets a lot more money.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
On a lark I visited r/politics

el oh el

Like, these guys are convinced it is an absolute certainty that Hillary's spending the next decade in prison and Bernie is actually winning. I thought that was just a joke.

ampere

https://beta.fec.gov/data/committee/C00577130/?cycle=2016&tab=filings

So um... have we brought up Bernie's possible fundraising FEC violations?

So Bernie's refunded over $2000 for people who aren't registered as having donated to the campaign. Along with around 40 pages worth of donations from foreigners. Mark Ruffalo continues to donate to the Sanders campaign after hitting his cap in January.

I mean at this point it looks like a system of illegal short-term loans to his campaign via excessive and foreign contributions. He owes the FEC a list of his refunds for February (400 pages worth) today, so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Were you just combing through it out of curiosity or is there some pending investigation/audit?

el oh el

Like, these guys are convinced it is an absolute certainty that Hillary's spending the next decade in prison and Bernie is actually winning. I thought that was just a joke.

Reasonable Bernie supporters left awhile ago and r/theDonald moved in. So you have a mix of crazy delusional Bernie supporters, Donald trolls (sometimes pretending to be Bernie supporters) and a handful of Clinton supporters or a couple of reasonable Bernie supporters who just want to discuss politics, but find themselves having to do so with -8 karma on all of their posts.

thefro

Vince McMahon gave $2,700 to Todd Young.

Fuck you, you piece of shit wrestling promoting asshole.

That actually makes sense as Young is more "moderate/mainstream" than Marlin Stutzman who's a tea party-ish person.

The McMahons are republican, but I suspect they'd be social moderates.

el oh el

I lurk to see what crazy I can find. There was a post yesterday warning about some 4chan thing about "Bernie glowsticks" that was basically mixing chlorine and alcohol (which is super dangerous for those that don't know) and people were blaming Hillary supporters for being behind it. There's a lot of delusion on that site these days.

Why do people like Dark Souls? I like to enjoy video games.

I'm slowly reverting back to serious gamer from somewhat casual gamer, and Dark Souls (2) is a major player.

Sometimes hard is more fun.

I also have this thread to thank for making me realize that King's Field hadn't died off years ago, just changed names.

My only question is whether I should bother with DS 1 or older games, or just play DS3 when I finish 2.

Apparently reuters has a BREAKING NEWS headline that has their online poll having Hillary 41 and Donald 40 with 19 undecides. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN0Y21TN

It is going to be annoying for the next few months with concern trolling. Hopefully when the Dem primary is over her numbers should do better in crappy polls.

http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/T.../20160201-20160510/collapsed/true/spotlight/1

(Don't view on mobile)

Yes, it appears to be true.

It also is a tracking poll (which are much less reliable)

gaugebozo

Absolutely. Took me a while to "get it" when playing the first Dark Souls but once it hits you man...
I quit Dark Souls 1 before making it out of Firelink Shrine. I came back a year later after falling in love with the lore (and felt bad because I had borrowed it, lol). Once the combat clicked, it became my favorite series of all time.

It's also not as hard as people think. Once you can level up, you can make the game as easy as you want it. People beat it without leveling at all!

My only question is whether I should bother with DS 1 or older games, or just play DS3 when I finish 2.

I think you'll enjoy DS3 more if you play DS1 first. Plus it's a really good game, I liked it a lot more than DS2 and it's probably on par with DS3.

Forget Dark Souls, we have a new Civilization out this October!

Probably should wait for expansion tho lol

Yes! So pumped for that.

https://beta.fec.gov/data/committee/C00577130/?cycle=2016&tab=filings

http://docquery.fec.gov/pdf/847/201605100300045847/201605100300045847.pdf

So um... have we brought up Bernie's possible fundraising FEC violations?

So Bernie's refunded over $2000 for people who aren't registered as having donated to the campaign. Along with around 40 pages worth of donations from foreigners. Mark Ruffalo continues to donate to the Sanders campaign after hitting his cap in January.

I mean at this point it looks like a system of illegal short-term loans to his campaign via excessive and foreign contributions. He owes the FEC a list of his refunds for February (400 pages worth) today, so I guess we'll see how it goes.

this kinda of stuff is annoying coming from clinton supporters.

Does clinton never have violations? What is the implication? Whats horrible about people donating less than clinton gets from the joint committee?

this just looks likes sore winners pointing out a minor violation to make themselves feel good.

There's a lot to criticize sanders on. This isn't

User 406

Banned

Definitely play Dark Souls 1, it's some of From's best map design. Up there with King's Field: The Ancient City. You can probably skip Demon's Souls, since all the areas are pretty short and linear with a hub, and it feels more like a proof of concept demo for their new engine. But if you're a serious KF fan, you'll probably end up playing everything. :p

You can see some of the earlier versions of third person KF/DS with Evergrace and Forever Kingdom on the PSX2 as well.

this kinda of stuff is annoying coming from clinton supporters.

Does clinton never have violations? What is the implication? Whats horrible about people donating less than clinton gets from the joint committee?

this just looks likes sore winners pointing out a minor violation to make themselves feel good.

There's a lot to criticize sanders on. This isn't

This is becoming a monthly problem for Sanders. Something he's clearly not addressed, but needs to. It shows a poorly run campaign. This is the third month in a row he's had to refund thousands of dollars to 40+ pages of people.

Mike M

Nick N
Soulsborne games aren't even that hard, they just emphasize internalizing patterns and layouts like, say, Mega Man games (also not hard). Mostly the series' supposed difficulty coasts on Demon's Souls' reputation, which was new and opaque and confusing and had World Tendency stuff actually making it tougher if you kept dying.

I am loving DS2, so I guess I'll get DS1 right after. Honestly, I would have started there, but it wasn't available as a download and I'm lazy. :)

I played KF 1-3 and Eternal Ring, and don't remember if I played any KF after that.

All this talk of lore and spoilers is confusing though, as this stuff is nearly purr dungeon crawl to me.

Edit: looks like I only played 2 and 3,as those were the ones that came to the US.

HylianTom

Banned
Forget Dark Souls, we have a new Civilization out this October!

Probably should wait for expansion tho lol
My usual Civ 5 experience:
- take Friday off from work
- begin marathon game on Thursday evening
- look up at clock: it's 0200. On Monday. With work starting at 0700.

I might wait for expansions and patches. This is the perfect kind of game for post-Nintendo launch lulls.

dramatis

My usual Civ 5 experience:
- take Friday off from work
- begin marathon game on Thursday evening
- look up at clock: it's 0200. On Monday. With work starting at 0700.

I might wait for expansions and patches. This is the perfect kind of game for post-Nintendo launch lulls.
Specific details say that they're doing special multiplayer game types in Civ6, ones that allow you to play in one session or so.
Yooooo

My humans achieved democratic utopia. I'm pretty proud of that.
What, through gerrymandering?

I am loving DS2, so I guess I'll get DS1 right after. Honestly, I would have started there, but it wasn't available as a download and I'm lazy. :)

I played KF 1-3 and Eternal Ring, and don't remember if I played any KF after that.

All this talk of lore and spoilers is confusing though, as this stuff is nearly purr dungeon crawl to me.

Edit: looks like I only played 2 and 3,as those were the ones that came to the US.
Dark Souls games don't have a memorable mythology. Demon's Souls is still the king when it comes to lore and an oppressive atmosphere. You should check it out!

Oh and Demon's also has an amazing list of memorable characters and dialogue. I value that in games a lot.

User 406

Banned
You guys posted a bunch of words but none of them were "Stellaris" so I'm not sure why you bothered.

Oh yeah, I forgot, and some people enjoy games because they love spreadsheets!

I love spreadsheet games. :X

Do check out KF: The Ancient City then, which was KF4 in Japan. It's the most polished game in the series, with wonderfully linked map design.

I'm also indifferent to the lore in all the From Software games. It's pretty much always some variation on "the world is fucked, holy shit is it fucked, it's not gonna get better, you're on your own, good fuckin' luck." And that's how I like it. :d

Mike M

Nick N
Dark Souls games don't have a memorable mythology. Demon's Souls is still the king when it comes to lore and an oppressive atmosphere. You should check it out!

Oh and Demon's also has an amazing list of memorable characters and dialogue. I value that in games a lot.
I'll grant that Demon's Souls has more memorable characters, but better lore? Naaaah. Dark Souls 1 mythology about the hazards of good intentions and Dark Souls 2 about the cycles of futility both trump "colorless mist something something souls something something nexus."

Haven't gotten 3 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom