• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Yooooo

My humans achieved democratic utopia. I'm pretty proud of that.

I played my first game as the Fremen, which means we're a collectivist divine mandate. When I enslave Fremen they actually get happier because they know they're dying for a greater cause. Unfortunately I can't enslave everybody because somebody has to do research on the weirding way so that I can conquer everybody.

Also since we're completely off topic... My mom had my Bernie bro help get change her ringtone to Low by Flo Rida. She thinks it's about a woman named Shirley.

Do check out KF: The Ancient City then, which was KF4 in Japan. It's the most polished game in the series, with wonderfully linked map design.

I'm also indifferent to the lore in all the From Software games. It's pretty much always some variation on "the world is fucked, holy shit is it fucked, it's not gonna get better, you're on your own, good fuckin' luck." And that's how I like it. :d

I looked, and I definitely played that one when it was new. I saw those beetle things and had an immediate flashback.

Anyway, looking elsewhere, I should really play DS1 when I am done with DS2. People seem to think DS2 is the weakest. I'm loving it, so those should be a real treat.

Hm, the HA Goodman headline was pretty tame today. "Yes, Bernie Sanders Will Win the Contested Democratic Convention". I was expecting ISIS email server stuff he's been rambling about on Twitter.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Whatever, people can talk however they want. When I see game of thrones people discuss deep lore, I feel weird inside.

Like after you eat a crunch wrap supreme

Fox318

Fox is really having fun with the Facebook story

CiLbBjfVAAEVSSG.jpg

Stealing Intercept's "journalism" style too

graphic artist clearly working overtime for that image

Ophelion

I look at the item descriptions and wonder "Why would someone scribe the entire history of this sword on its hilt??!!!"

Ok, this has never been stated, but my head canon reason for this is that consuming souls/blood echoes comes with some latent hand-me-down memories of your victims or your victims' victims, so on. So, it's not like there's a little history tag wrapped around the hilt of the sword. Your consumption of the souls of people that lived in these kingdoms and knew these things filters into you by osmosis and you "remember" the item description.

User 406

Banned
Lore is a word used by nerds

Don't you just mean like

The item description text

Pretty much. As if you need a better reason to play a game than Hit People, Get Stuff.

Anyway, looking elsewhere, I should really play DS1 when I am done with DS2. People seem to think DS2 is the weakest. I'm loving it, so those should be a real treat.

The combat system in DS2 is more developed, but the world is a lot less interlinked than DS and previous KF games.

Oh, and I could also give a fuck about the multiplayer, too much hassle for too little payoff. They're all just single player dungeon crawls for me.

I look at the item descriptions and wonder "Why would someone scribe the entire history of this sword on its hilt??!!!"

It's kind of like how in the real world you'll see a half-eaten Baby Ruth on the sidewalk, and when you pick it up you just know that this Baby Ruth was bought by a man named Joseph Winterbottom who lives in Oak Grove, who was seduced by the need for a chocolate bar, but was cursed with a mild peanut allergy, and so fell prey to the hidden peanuts within. He now wanders the city with puffy lips and a strong desire for a different chocolate bar, without peanuts. The location of the Nestle distribution center from whence this Baby Ruth came is lost in the mists of time.

And I'm like, whatever, free calories.

Fuck you too bae :p
<3

Does anyone know if you have to do anything speedball if you're at the 2700 and want to contribute to the victory fund? My mom wants to do a monthly contribution but she's maxed out for the primary. Do I just set it up like normal? Does anyone know?

User 406

Banned
Trump's already got the orange skin, give him fangs and six arms, each doing something different like holding a taco bowl or whatever, and you've got a nice new god.

Reasonable Bernie supporters left awhile ago and r/theDonald moved in. So you have a mix of crazy delusional Bernie supporters, Donald trolls (sometimes pretending to be Bernie supporters) and a handful of Clinton supporters or a couple of reasonable Bernie supporters who just want to discuss politics, but find themselves having to do so with -8 karma on all of their posts.

/r/politicaldiscussion is still all right, by Reddit standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom