• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

In 2008, CNN (and other networks) declared that Obama had clinched the nomination after South Dakota on June 3rd, when his combination of pledged delegates and superdelegates crossed the magic number:

FQQFwAk.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81hCFwsnfJI

Do you think they'll do the same thing this time (most likely on June 7th when California, New Jersey, etc. vote), or might they be more hesitant with Sanders' claims that he'll contest the convention and get superdelegates to switch?

That'll be us in four weeks HillaryGAF. Can't wait.

and this will be bernie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ivSseLmD3w

Yes I most certainly am, I meant more in a philosophical sense (compare our healthcare to UHC countries that don't have Single payer and a lot of them have heavy private utilization but with restrictions/rules that achieve the same goal as single payer systems for the most part) that in america we treat healthcare like a good more than something pretty much everyone will do anything for (distorting all that AP econ which is sadly the extent of my econ background).
Okay so I think I get what you mean in terms of healthcare being treated as more a luxury good rather than a necessity. And that philosophy means that universal affordable access is not really a point of agreement and that leads to wastefulness in those who do have good access.

Okay so I think I get what you mean in terms of healthcare being treated as more a luxury good rather than a necessity. And that philosophy means that universal affordable access is not really a point of agreement and that leads to wastefulness in those who do have good access.

Yes but perhaps even further, up to 50% of healthcare use is waste/unnecessary for a wealth of reasons that boil down to there is no incentive (in fact there are disincentives) to maximizing healthcare efficiency.

But yea you got it, sorry if I am using the wrong words for this kinda thing.

Boy this week fucking suuuuuucks and it's only Wednesday

Don't have enough money for Uncharted, but enough for Stellaris, but I need to get Uncharted before some fucking youtube video pops up on my recommended list and spoils everything

Medication is knocking me on my ass and making me want to sleep most of the day

Blew it with a girl

Clinton lost!

Sad! Mess!

ampere

In 2008, CNN (and other networks) declared that Obama had clinched the nomination after South Dakota on June 3rd, when his combination of pledged delegates and superdelegates crossed the magic number:

http://i.imgur.com/FQQFwAk.jpg?2[img]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81hCFwsnfJI[/url]

Do you think they'll do the same thing this time (most likely on June 7th when California, New Jersey, etc. vote), or might they be more hesitant with Sanders' claims that he'll contest the convention and get superdelegates to switch?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone cares about Bernie's contesting nonsense. I think the media announces Hillary as the nominee on June 7th

Godslay

Banned
No matter how many times you post this stuff in NFL-GAF, it doesn't make it any truer to post it here

It's coming.

Comey flat out said it's an investigation today, not a 'Security Review' like all of Hillary's people have been spinning it as. He stopped short of saying it's a criminal investigation, but anybody who's read into it knows what it is.

He also won't treat her with kid gloves when it comes time to move forward. I also don't think Lynch will let this one through so easily. If I was a Hillary supporter, I'd be intensely concerned that this is going to sink her campaign.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's coming.

Comey flat out said it's an investigation today, not a 'Security Review' like all of Hillary's people have been spinning it as. He stopped short of saying it's a criminal investigation, but anybody who's read into it knows what it is.

He also won't treat her with kid gloves when it comes time to move forward. I also don't think Lynch will let this one through so easily. If I was a Hillary supporter, I'd be intensely concerned that this is going to sink her campaign.

I think precisely no hillary supporters are intensely concerned.

It's coming.

Why would he use kid gloves? Does he have tiny baby hands like Trump?

Y2Kev

Why wouldn't they be?

Because they've reviewed the facts of the case and understand how the process works?

I don't understand your fascination with terminology. So you make special note of the fact the investigator is not using Hillary's marketing approved term but handwave away that it's not a criminal investigation?

Godslay

Banned
Because your spooky language doesn't make an indictment happen

Spooky language?

Clinton spins it as 'Security Review', when it's basically an ongoing investigation. Possibly criminal based on what currently is out there.

Why would he use kid gloves? Does he have tiny baby hands like Trump?

She's under active investigation. It's not going to be a Bernie moment where it all gets sloughed away.

Much ado about nothing

Is it? Last I checked it was pretty serious. Just depends on who they pin it on.

Because they've reviewed the facts of the case and understand how the process works?

I don't understand your fascination with terminology. So you make special note of the fact the investigator is not using Hillary's marketing approved term but handwave away that it's not a criminal investigation?

You have the head of the FBI shooting down her terminology, which they've obviously used to make it sound much more innocuous than a full blown investigation.

Y2Kev

No, not "possibly criminal." As you are attempting to establish, words matter.

They're not going to "pin" it on anyone. There is no evidence whatsoever she sent or received classified information.

royalan

Spooky language?

Clinton spins it as 'Security Review', when it's basically an ongoing investigation. Possibly criminal based on what currently is out there.

She's under active investigation. It's not going to be a Bernie moment where it all gets sloughed away.

Is it? Last I checked it was pretty serious. Just depends on who they pin it on.

Pin what on?

What's the crime she's guilty of?

hawk2025

It's coming.

I think you are plenty concerned for everyone.

Who they pin what on? I swear no one ever actually brings up specifically what she is going to get charged on or what illegal activity took place. They just use spooky vague language

Kangi

It's funny watching this e-mail stuff come back around and become something of a "Hail Mary" for people.

Stop trying to make it happen. It's not going to happen.

I know you look at macro and not micro but how could there be a swing that big in one week of polling? Wtf Reuters. Receipts please.

iirc (can't remember where i read it but it was within the past day), this week's round is absurdly white. like, 80% with blacks/hispanics combining for 12% absurd.

Two former Oregon governers have endorsed Hillary

http://www.bendbulletin.com/home/4313296-151/two-former-oregon-governors-to-back-clinton#

Add two former Democratic governors to the list of prominent political figures in Oregon backing former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in her bid for the presidency.

Former Govs. Barbara Roberts and Ted Kulongoski announced Wednesday they’ve picked Clinton over Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who stumped in Salem on Tuesday.

I have met Ted Kulongoski. He is a great guy. Honestly wish he was running for president but he is most likely too old.

Y2Kev

Spooky language?

You have the head of the FBI shooting down her terminology, which they've obviously used to make it sound much more innocuous than a full blown investigation.

Again, you seem oddly precise with terminology in one area and then oddly loose with it in the next sentence. Clinton is using a "spun" phrase (to be certain). The FBI says said term does not exist in reality. Also, to be certain, everyone knows what the FBI is actually doing, which is not a "review." This is already baked into the cake; it's not new information. That said, you then imply we should read between the lines and that this is possibly criminal.

This has nothing to do with Bernie.

Armaros

Spooky language?

So how does the FBI indict?

And we all know what's going to happen. FBI is gonna give her a clean chit. Bernie fans will cry corruption and Hillary threatened Comey and strongarmed the FBI.

It's funny watching this e-mail stuff come back around and become something of a "Hail Mary" for people.

Stop trying to make it happen. It's not going to happen.

I'm ashamed of the Bernie supporters who have latched onto it. The Republicans don't surprise me.

Bernie Bros' personal hell will arrive June 7 courtesy of California voters. It's coming.

Republicans will have to wait a bit longer, but the writing will be on the wall by then.

digdug2k

Two former Oregon governers have endorsed Hillary

http://www.bendbulletin.com/home/4313296-151/two-former-oregon-governors-to-back-clinton#

I have met Ted Kulongoski. He is a great guy. Honestly wish he was running for president but he is most likely too old.
Heh. Bernie was on TV today complaining about how hard his campaign was because the "establishment" governors were out to get him. Always just want to smack him and say "You've had 30 fucking years to make nice with these people. Its not their fault they don't like you."

Spoiler alert: Hillary Clinton is not going to be indicted over anything. Various anonymous FBI "sources" will tell various conservative outlets (and perhaps the WaPo) that the bureau felt pressured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom