• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your rabbit hole seems more like head in the sand.

I would be fine with that conclusion.

I don't profess to know more than the FBI. Searching around though, it's not as simple as "It's nothing!"

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube.

A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed: pure West Virginia.

What is your father, dear? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the boys found you... all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars... while you could only dream of getting out... getting anywhere... getting all the way to the F. B. I.

johnsmith

remember me
Why do you guys keep responding to him? Between Tyler, Huelen, and now this, why does everyone take the bait instead of ignoring them.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
If the problem was that Hillary was not allowed to have a private server to begin with, then wouldn't this have been an open and shut case since last March? Why would the FBI needed to investigate for 14 months on whether or not a private server was legal to have?

I don't mail in my vote in Cali. I just walk to the polling station since it's really close. Plus, I get that nifty sticker!

And I go like 6:30pm or so and there's never a line.

So yeah, I won't be voting til June.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The actual problem is that the tangent about negligent handling doesn't hold water - it isn't negligence when you can't send classified information over a non-secure network to begin with. Neglience goes to what you know or should have known. That argument doesn't fly when you can't send classified email over a specific system to begin with unless she personally sent classified info over the system, which there is no evidence of whatsoever.

You literally could make the same argument if she used a .gov email because you can't send classified info over a .gov system either. You will never be able to prove the requisite state of mind with that argument.

His freed is going to be a dumpster fire of salt for months to come.

Cost's feed was fun back in 2012. He embraced what I'd call "Unskewing Lite." He didn't call for a Dean Chambers style re-weighting of polls, but he was sharply critical of Nate Silver and suggested that polls were showing a bimodal distribution (a claim which Silver mocked) which made Silver's aggregation methods flawed. Basically, he was smart enough to know that Chambers had no clue what he was doing, but still essentially fell into the same trap of wishful thinking that Chambers had, and that Democrats had in 2004. The ultimate lesson here is that if you're explaining why your opponent's lead in the polls is "misleading," it probably means you're losing.

I won't be convinced that there isn't an indictment coming until the FBI doesn't proceed with a recommendation to indict.

I give equal ground to the idea that an indictment won't happen.

Just by the fact that she's being investigated by the FBI tells me that the possibility is there, and there is evidence out there that could lead to an indictment.

I don't get why you all so easily brush that aside?

You are arguing that you hold no opinion on the probability of outcomes until one actually happens. We have argued that there is plenty of evidence and reasoning to suggest that there will be no indictment. You say there isn't. The end.

It's like when a stupid bill from the GOP is sent to die in the Senate or the president's desk just for show. Do the mechanisms exist for it to become law unexpectedly? Yes. Do we think it's as likely as a coin flip? Not even close.

Godslay

Banned
You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube.

A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed: pure West Virginia.

What is your father, dear? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the boys found you... all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars... while you could only dream of getting out... getting anywhere... getting all the way to the F. B. I.

You see a lot, Doctor. But are you strong enough to point that high-powered perception at yourself? What about it? Why don't you - why don't you look at yourself and write down what you see? Or maybe you're afraid to.

That's not an actual argument.

Sure it is.

Why is this being investigated if it's nothing?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Let's put it this way: there's going to be plenty of people who will say that if they recommend against indictment, its Obama calling in secret favors and that she's obviously guilty and the FBI failed and needs to be purged for not doing what they politically wanted.

In fact, I expect Trump to make this claim.

Lol at the Paul Ryan "meeting". Of course the GOP wouldn't have the balls to stand up to Trump and tell him to fuck off, instead embracing his fuckery in a nonsensical Hail-Mary.

I don't want to hear anymore bullshit sob stories from Republicans about how "their party is dead". The establishment is soon to get in line to smell Trump's wet farts starting today, and their supporters are soon to follow. When you're spineless and have been bullied the past 9+ months it's much easier to simply pretend to be friends with the bully and hope one day he'll pick you to watch the jungle gym.

It's not true that the electorate on both sides despises the establishment. On the republican side yeah. The democratic side is not the same and explains why Hillary is the nominee.

The whole thing is such a weird narrative when the incumbent president is enjoying 50%+ approval. It's some combination of incorrectly extrapolating from the Republican electorate to the overall electorate, and just plain old wishful thinking from Bernie supporters.

I was listening to MSNBC in the car and they talked about the Paul Ryan meeting and speculated it was to help Ryan sell his policies to Trump because Trump is essentially a blank slate on most of his stuff. Like, Ryan was telling him that Trump has to bow to congress as President and it would be nice to be unified on policy.

So, it could be Ryan economic policies with Trump's personality. Sounds like a winner.

royalan

I truly believe young people don't like Hillary. I didn't realize it was so prevalent until this election season, but it's there in my anecdotal experience.

That doesn't mean she won't beat Trump. But while people voted for Obama, I think the under 35 group is going to be voting against Trump rather than for Hillary.

You're overestimating this a bit. It's not like there aren't women who will ignore his sexism.

Like men, people have selfish reasons for voting. So many rich people will ignore his bigotry to ensure tax cuts. And many more examples.

Women aren't solely driven by one thing.

Anecdotal and all, but when Hillary says people tend to hate her when she's actively running for something, I believe her.

The image that is currently my avatar is actually part of a larger image that I made my Facebook cover photo right when the rumors of Hillary getting ready to announce went into overdrive, but before she actually did. It got several dozen likes and positive comments whee I first put it up. Many of those same people are currently shitting up my feed with USUncut and Salon articles. I've had to drag a few of them. "Oh? You didn't think Hillary was a tool just a year ago...*receipts*"

It also doesn't help that she's going up against a candidate tailor-fucking-made to appeal to the youth/anti-establishment vote. Even more than Obama.

Ophelion

Let's put it this way: there's going to be plenty of people who will say that if they recommend against indictment, its Obama calling in secret favors and that she's obviously guilty and the FBI failed and needs to be purged for not doing what they politically wanted.

In fact, I expect Trump to make this claim.

I'm surprised he hasn't already even though it makes no sense. Sense. Pft! Who needs that?

HylianTom

Banned
I was told becoming a lizardkin shill would make me immune to sickness. Looks like I gotta go down to the post office and steal my by mail ballot back. Really though, body aches are awful. I hate getting ill.

If you take-on Argonian traits, you're supposed to become 50% resistant to disease..

Godslay

Banned
How would you be reacting if people were saying that Hillary Clinton violated policy with her email server and the FBI was refusing to investigate?

I guess I would have to side with... I don't know... maybe enforcing the law as it's written?

If it was a clear violation then it should be investigated. From the lowest to the highest position within the government, they all should be held accountable.

pigeon

Banned
I guess I would have to side with... I don't know... maybe enforcing the law as it's written?

If it was a clear violation then it should be investigated. From the lowest to the highest position within the government, they all should be held accountable.

So if they didn't investigate it you'd be angry that they didn't investigate it.

If they do investigate it you're arguing that it proves that there was potential wrongdoing.

It kind of seems like there's no sequence of events that will prove to you that Hillary's not a criminal doomed to destruction!

Godslay

Banned
So if they didn't investigate it you'd be angry that they didn't investigate it.

If they do investigate it you're arguing that it proves that there was potential wrongdoing.

It kind of seems like there's no sequence of events that will prove to you that Hillary's not a criminal doomed to destruction!

Investigations don't proceed if there wasn't something suspect in the first place.

FBI doesn't proceed with these investigations for tickles and giggles. Whether that leads to an indictment is anyone's guess at this point. I think it could go either way, but I guess that's not a popular opinion in this thread. Guess I'll have to stick around longer to get in on the high fives and jokes.

Furthermore, I don't care if it was Obama, Bill Clinton, Newt, Powell, Bush, or anyone for that matter. If there is something there, it should be investigated. As it is right now.

It has nothing to do with Hillary.

Angry Grimace

Investigations don't proceed if there wasn't something suspect in the first place.

FBI doesn't proceed with these investigations for tickles and giggles. Whether that leads to an indictment is anyone's guess at this point. I think it could go either way, but I guess that's not a popular opinion in this thread. Guess I'll have to stick around longer to get in on the high fives and jokes.

Furthermore, I don't care if it was Obama, Bill Clinton, Newt, Powell, Bush, or anyone for that matter. If there is something there, it should be investigated. As it is right now.

It has nothing to do with Hillary.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with arguing your 50/50 gut feeling as thought its some kind of defensible fact-based argument is irritating.

Emarv

Almost spat out my coffee.

Also, there's nothing particularly meaningful in Stewart's comment. She isn't as warm in a public setting as some people are and she's guarded about what she says and does. She is a nerd.

This also goes back a bit to what I have mentioned before about women and leadership, gendered trait expectations and favourability. Doing things that all politicians do. Not doing things we expect women to do.

I'd imagine if you were to classify his view on Clinton as favourable or unfavourable it would fall in the unfavourable.

"Authenticity" is the most bullshit descriptive ever. And the stupidest way of trying to judge other people.

This is so on point. Authenticity and likability are what makes this into a popularity contest. We ask the same thing of our celebrities. It's a terrible cultural thing.

You see a lot, Doctor. But are you strong enough to point that high-powered perception at yourself? What about it? Why don't you - why don't you look at yourself and write down what you see? Or maybe you're afraid to.

Sure it is.

Why is this being investigated if it's nothing?

z20GsHF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom