• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I wouldn't be that surprised at 2 million racist Dems.

A) 3 million, not 2. :p

B) that's a metric fuckton of people.

C) That's 3 million racist Democratic primary voters alone. If you assume the country is 50/50, then that's roughly 150 million GOP / 150 million Dems. So, assuming that the 35.5 million Dem primary voters are roughly representative of the 150 million total Dem voters, then that 16% is equal to 24 million racist Democratic voters.

Not exactly going to buy that.

Most of the difference between Clinton supporters willing to support Bernie and Bernie willing to support Clinton comes down to the fact that Clinton has been winning for a long time. It's easier to be magnanimous when you have known for months you are going to win. The question isn't a real decision to you. From that first link

I don't disagree with what you're saying here. We should expect supporters of the candidate who is losing to say they're less willing to vote for the other candidate and we shouldn't take those numbers at face value.

All I'm saying is that my personal experience as an Obama 08/Clinton 16 voter is that I am less upset with Sanders than I was with Clinton in essentially the same situation (campaign continuing well past the point where it's clear they can't win) and that I attribute this, at least in part, to the perspective I gained from following the '08 campaign.

People tried to make this argument when Tarryl Clark ran against Michele Bachmann that Bachmann was "hot" and Clark was ugly.

jm7d0ukpi3q4ln75apke_400x400.jpeg

B001256.jpg

giphy.gif

Do Republicans just have a fetish for Stepford wives who look like they're going to devour your soul?

Yes. I would probably extrapolate it out in some way. Although I don't know if the primary is particularly representative. Thus the flaw in mixing samples and time frames. But 2 million racist Dems is probably low.

I think you're being too kind to the Democratic voting base.

I don't think that the notion that people supported the white woman over the black man in the primary and then the old white man over the black man in the general is that out there.

Also I'm not sure how that exit poll really works. In that it requires a substantial number of Republicans to vote Obama for him to have won in the manner he did. But then again the folly of mixing polls.

Yes. I would probably extrapolate it out in some way. Although I don't know if the primary is particularly representative. Thus the flaw in mixing samples and time frames. But 2 million racist Dems is probably low.

I think you're being too kind to the Democratic voting base.

I don't think it's that the notion that people supported the white woman over the black man in the primary and then the old white man over the black man in the general is that out there. But then again the folly of mixing polls.

Also I'm not sure how that exit poll really works. In that it requires a substantial number of Republicans to vote Obama for him to have won in the manner he did.
2 million is very low just because racism isn't binary.

But that's just me splitting hairs.

I can't watch Wheel of Fortune. It's become impossible.

Every ad is some shitty ass person saying someone else is a shitty ass person vote me

fuck the hell off

also the anti-trump ads have started

fucking FUCK

Bernie's ads are okay at least but dammit i want to watch wheel of fortune!

studyguy

Even more, women of the Right are allowed to accept obvious things rather than engage in exhausting psychic gymnastics to get to a place that is politically correct, while preposterous. If a thug murders a pregnant woman, he should be charged with two murders, not just one, and women of the Right feel no compulsion to weary themselves by filing amicus briefs on behalf of the murderer to nullify the second killing because the unborn baby does not qualify as human life.

What the fuck am I reading, Jesus.

Crocodile

I'm trying to figure out if Trump is trying to pivot too early (let's put aside the fact that he can't for a second). Won't his voters get upset if you have Trump aides announcing "it was all an act!"?

ivysaur12

Banned
HMMMMM

@JesseLehrich Jesse Lehrich
Retweeted Ryan Adams
#ImWithHer

Ryan Adams @filmystic
MSNBC: Can Hillary Clinton really pick a woman as her VP?

Anita Dunn: There is some precedent for having a running mate of the same gender.

Jesse works in comms for the Clinton campaign.

I'm trying to figure out if Trump is trying to pivot too early (let's put aside the fact that he can't for a second). Won't his voters get upset if you have Trump aides announcing "it was all an act!"?

Remember how people said Trump's act was all an act to get enough support to win, he was a centrist and he'd pivot to the middle -- his true place -- at the right time?

OK, same thing for once he's elected into office. Except instead of centrist use conservative, and instead of middle use right-wing.

Suburban Indianapolis is... Kasich country?

10391820_G.jpg

Wouldn't be shocked. Suburban Indy is probably, demographically and electorally, similar to Kasich's suburban strongholds near Cincinnati (Boehner and Portman country), Cleveland (Stark County) and Columbus (Westerville, Delaware, etc.). That is, very wealthy and white, with old money families who have voted Republican for decades, the kind of people who would have pushed the likes of Lugar into office.

I'm a registered Democrat in California. Is it possible for me to vote for Trump in the primary for maximum fuckery?

As an aside the pundit class is seeing through Paul Ryan's bullshit:

The Freedom Caucus is full of complete morons, example #10238909853:

And another one:

Ryan is a great figurehead to have but a terrible choice for Speaker. He's always been a behind-the-scenes guy, either as a yes man grunt or a "wonk" legislation author. He's not the guy to crack skulls or find consensus between divided factions. And he has too many people in his ear giving him establishment advice that doesn't really translate to the current, insane House.

At some point he has to show some balls and stand against the suicide coalition.

thefro

Wouldn't be shocked. Suburban Indy is probably, demographically and electorally, similar to Kasich's suburban strongholds near Cincinnati (Boehner and Portman country), Cleveland (Stark County) and Columbus (Westerville, Delaware, etc.). That is, very wealthy and white, with old money families who have voted Republican for decades, the kind of people who would have pushed the likes of Lugar into office.

There's no "probably" about it. It's a rich area with more "moderate"/pragmatic Republicans.

The issue for Kasich is that the Indianapois suburbs are carved into 4 different congressional districts. He has 0 chance of getting delegates unless he's at around 30% in Indiana.

gcubed

Update on my annoyance level in PA

Bernie and Trump commercials. ALL. THE. TIME.

How big of a mess is Cruz?

One of Trump's commercials bashes Kasich. That's it, just an anti-Kasich ad

pigeon

Banned
I don't believe California is that far apart on the R side or that close on the D side. This makes me unhappy with both of these polls now.

I think it's Latino sampling problems, which means the R side would be much less affected than the D side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom