• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

Suburban Indianapolis is... Kasich country?

10391820_G.jpg
Good, let Cruz and Kasich fight it out there to keep Cruz's numbers down.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My Trump shares are in the black for the first time in forever. I'm tempted to sell, take my gains and go home.

With all the talk Priebus is doing about screwing him over at the convention, it might be a sound move to get out now.

ivysaur12

Banned
FYI, if Hillary picked Warren, there would be a Republican appointed to her seat. If it was Klobuchar, a Democrat would be appointed.

In a month where Republicans are pretending that trans women rape children, they are defending the fact that their Speaker of the House was a serial child rapist:

"We all have our flaws, but Dennis Hastert has very few," wrote DeLay, who served as the Republican majority leader under Hastert in the early 2000s. "He is a good man that loves the Lord. He gets his integrity and values from Him. He doesn't deserve what he is going through. I ask that you consider the man that is before you and give him leniency where you can."

"Very few flaws" -Truly heinous man says about serial child rapist.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-dennis-hastert-letters-met-20160422-story.html

johnsmith

remember me
In a month where Republicans are pretending that trans women rape children, they are defending the fact that their Speaker of the House was a serial child rapist:

"Very few flaws" -Truly heinous man says about serial child rapist.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-dennis-hastert-letters-met-20160422-story.html

Anybody that's in these in a race this year NEEDS to be burned on this and called out for supporting a child molester.

Cruz is a mess!
Did you lose an avatar bet?

ivysaur12

Banned
The special election for Warren's seat would trigger a special election, but "145-160 days after vacancy occurs". That's about 4-5 months. In the interim, Baker would nominate an interim Senator.

Hillary needs a fighter who will stick up to the Democrats agenda. Who will do the dirty work and not be afraid to take people on.

Warren does that. She gives no fucks. She's awesome as hell. I was skeptical at first but she impressed me the last few months. I think she wants it. I don't want some empty suit like Castro. Screw male balance or whatever. Warrens awesome and qualified to take office if anything happens to Hillary.

Ecotic

Warren would help bring along Bernie supporters, generate enthusiasm, and lock in the gender gap for Hillary. I could see it working. Then again if Hillary is destined to win against Trump anyway then we may never know how effective a pick Warren was.

ivysaur12

Banned
Hillary needs a fighter who will stick up to the Democrats agenda. Who will do the dirty work and not be afraid to take people on.

Warren does that. She gives no fucks. She's awesome as hell. I was skeptical at first but she impressed me the last few months. I think she wants it. I don't want some empty suit like Castro. Screw male balance or whatever. Warrens awesome and qualified to take office if anything happens to Hillary.

Apparently, Hillary does NOT want to pick Warren, I just read on WaPo.

Mess.

I cannot fucking believe Coakley cost them two statewide offices. I was dumbfounded when they nominated her for Governor after she was defeated rather handily by Scott Brown.
I know, FFs. Maybe they can convince Joe Kennedy to run. They've failed so bad I don't know if anything other than the Kennedt card will turn it around for em

pigeon

Banned
Warren would be a poor pick for VP purely because she doesn't have anywhere near enough political experience or background for a national ticket. I like her a lot, but she would be the Democratic Sarah Palin.

Wouldn't be shocked. Suburban Indy is probably, demographically and electorally, similar to Kasich's suburban strongholds near Cincinnati (Boehner and Portman country), Cleveland (Stark County) and Columbus (Westerville, Delaware, etc.). That is, very wealthy and white, with old money families who have voted Republican for decades, the kind of people who would have pushed the likes of Lugar into office.
Fyi cleveland isn't stark county. That canton. Akron is summit county and cleveland is cuyahoga county.

Valhelm

contribute something
She doesn't need another old white woman from safe Mass. as her VP.

Agreed. Strategically, she should probably pick a white guy from Virginia or Florida

Can somebody from Mass explain to me how they can be such a Dem stronghold but keep electing Republican Govs?

Turnout is always lower for state-wide races, and this means Republicans usually benefit. In addition, New England Republicans are generally more moderate than national Republicans. Some relatives of mine have voted for Republican governors or even legislators in Massachusetts and Connecticut, but would never vote for a Republican for president

royalan

I can see Warren being very effective bringing on Bernie supporters. But what about actual moderate Democrats, and left-leaning Independents who voted Bernie because he's not Hillary but could be swayed by a VP that appeals to them? I don't know what Hillary stands to gain by picking someone even further left than she is, other than potentially winning over Bernie's most fervent, which might not even be that big a group.

She's old. There I said it. Hillary is also old.

They could both die in office.

And Warren will not be able to run as a successor.

Dumb dumb pick.

Also, I don't get the infatuation with Warren. But whatever. She thinks she's all that, but she isn't. Hairflip.

Yoda

She doesn't need another old white woman from safe Mass. as her VP.

She needs a proven progressive on the ticket. Picking the VP due to age/ethnicity/demographic would be stupid because her opponent is Donald Trump, minorities are already in her camp.

gcubed

Here we go. Trump commercials are best commercials.

We are going to...
Cut taxes for the middle class
Negotiate new trade deals
Bring back jobs
Save SS and Medicare without cuts
End illegal immigration
Build the wall
Strengthen our military
Knock out ISIS
Take care of our great veterans
AND...
make America great again

Phew. What a commercial

johnsmith

remember me
She needs a proven progressive on the ticket. Picking the VP due to age/ethnicity/demographic would be stupid because her opponent is Donald Trump, minorities are already in her camp.
But progressives are already in the camp for the same reason. Someone that can run in 2024 is the most important thing.

Crayons

Banned
Hillary can pick whoever she wants because it's not like Trump is gonna win.

I don't at all expect her to pick Warren. I'd really like it, but it's highly unlikely. Warren didn't even endorse Hillary. Hillary will probably pick a man, younger than her, from a swing state who is more moderate than her.

Yoda

But progressives are already in the camp for the same reason. Someone that can run in 2024 is the most important thing.

Progressive who are voting sure. Turnout is a thing and she has very high unfavorables. If there are two centrists on the ticket or a centrist and a nobody she isn't doing herself any favors in exciting the base.

She needs a Dem from Virginia on her ticket, not a former Republican.

Virginia is essentially a purple state. The D.C. suburbs are a greater portion of the electorate every single year and they will go for the establishment choice (HRC). The states that will be in play are the rust belt because DT will drive the free trade wedge very hard to win working class whites, and she'll need someone with credibility to combat such.

Kate Brown for VP.

Progressive, openly bisexual Democrat female governor that isn't from the north east.

Cons: White, could use more experience, Dems don't really need the help in Oregon

NeoXChaos

Martha Coakley is also terrible at running for statewide office. Deval Patrick won two terms right before her, so it's not all about it being midterms (although that does help).

and before Patrick you had 4 Republican terms preceding him. There are a lot of Independent leaning D's willing to ticket split on a gubernatorial level. Same with Maine. Its why Susan Collins gets elected over and over. Most Gubernatorial elections falling on a midterm does not help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom