• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
She voted in New York. So I bet it's not her legal residence. Hillary4Prison.

Castro is a shit pick.
Warren remains a shit pick.

Also, I was reading the Economist today.

20160423_USP001_0.jpg

I'd build his wall. Or some other innuendo that actually makes sense.

When I saw that picture I started thinking of some other sort of crappy innuendo too. So hot. But racist

Teggy

Can somebody from Mass explain to me how they can be such a Dem stronghold but keep electing Republican Govs?

The republicans that win in MA have no relationship to national party republicans. On social issues Baker matches Democrats and Romney even ran pro-choice (which he kind of went back on when in office). I didn't vote for Baker, but that was mostly because I didn't want the national Republicans to bullshit about winning MA. But he has broad popularity because he is basically a RINO.

The republicans that win in MA have no relationship to national party republicans. On social issues Baker matches Democrats and Romney even ran pro-choice (which he kind of went back on when in office). I didn't vote for Baker, but that was mostly because I didn't want the national Republicans to bullshit about winning MA. But he has broad popularity because he is basically a RINO.

It still seems kinda weird to me. Hawaii is basically a single party state, DC is a single party district, what advantage is there to running as a RINO vs a democrat?

Attention HillaryGAF:

In honor of our queens upcoming coronation. We will be wearing Hillary avatars for June 7th when she becomes the Presumptive Nominee & the week of the convention.

Attention TrumpGAF(Game):

If Trump so happens to clinch the nomination on June 7th: you will be featured in the opening of each thread starting with PoliGaf 2016 |OT7| or |OT8|. B-dubs will also feature you in the RNC convention thread this summer.

Dont forget, the loser list gets to wear TRUMP AVATAR.

Teggy

It still seems kinda weird to me. Hawaii is basically a single party state, DC is a single party district, what advantage is there to running as a RINO vs a democrat?

I've also heard it explained that the state likes it as a subtle check on a very liberal state assembly. You're not voting Republican vs. Democrat so much as Moderate vs. Democrat.

And yeah, as was said Coakley just wasn't a very likable candidate. Patrick served two terms.

ivysaur12

Banned
She voted in New York. So I bet it's not her legal residence. Hillary4Prison.

Castro is a shit pick.
Warren remains a shit pick.

Also, I was reading the Economist today.

20160423_USP001_0.jpg

I'd build his wall. Or some other innuendo that actually makes sense.

I'm disgusted that I'm sexually attracted to this racist.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Can somebody from Mass explain to me how they can be such a Dem stronghold but keep electing Republican Govs?

This time around the person who ran against the moderate, fairly likable Republican candidate was the women whom Republicans wish Hillary Clinton was, the wishy washy, unlikeable, and unelectable Martha Coakley. She's also the expert campaigner that cost the democrats the super majority running for Ted Kennedy's vacant seat against Scott Walker, a slightly more likeable slightly less moderate republican that ran circles around her.

I turned it off but in the intro to that Hillary documentary they're showing on MSNBC, it was her in like the 90s saying "I've been accused of everything."

Only the beginning, Hills.

To add to everyone else, it's easy to conflate governor's races with those of Senator/President, but its really a different beast. Incumbent candidates/parties can be overturned a lot easier if the general mood is the state as a whole is doing poorly, as opposed to the more abstracted national politics of electing a Senator or President.

I mean look at Louisiana FFS.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Y2kev's and shinra-bansho's avatars are creeping me out.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
receipts.gif

Seriously though, it's easy to say you'll overlook stupidity for a hot fuck.

In practice it might not happen. Sometimes they're just so stupid your vagina won't unSaharaize, no matter how gorgeous they are.

Lol. I think I'm stealing "UnSaharaize". That's a fantastic word. Especially considering drinks often fix the issue. :D

Technically Clinton could choose Gillibrand as her running mate. Only New York's electors would be prohibited from voting for both of them. That's enough of a deterrent but it could be done.

Speaking of technicalities, there's actually some debate as to whether a former two term president could be vice president. The argument is that the 12th Amendment prohibits anyone who is Constitutionally ineligible to the office of President from serving as Vice President while the 22nd Amendment specifies that no one may be elected President more than twice. The question then is whether there is a real distinction to be made between qualifications to serve and qualifications to be elected. Of course no one will every try this since no one would want their choice of running mate to cause a Constitutional crisis, but the question is technically open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom