• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Clinton better sweep hard today, shutting down the dem primary early will help her case against trump and the GOP in general.
No matter what he's not dropping out until after California, the best we can hope for is after tomorrow he stops trying to drive her negatives up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
1. Who in the world calls Bernie "El Sabio"?

2. I can see it tonight. Hillary wins 4/5 and loses RI by 3. Bernie: THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN AND THEY WANT THIS CAMPAIGN TO GO TO CALIFORNIA!!!

Didn't see this posted, from this morning.

Cg5mZjcWsAIL9A0.jpg

https://twitter.com/brentscher/status/724629179975766016

woah. Kasich and Putin must have a mutual relative! So uncanny

Kasich is of Czech and Croatian ancestry, so the look makes sense.

Also, that red and white striped shirt makes me think of The Russian from the Punisher comics.

Polari

Not really sure what skin Bernie fans still have in the game. As awful as Hillary is, the sad reality is she has this thing locked up.

Not really sure what skin Bernie fans still have in the game. As awful as Hillary is, the sad reality is she has this thing locked up.

At least there's some substantive discussion. Once it's Hillary vs. Trump I don't think I'll be able to tune into that shitshow. I dread the atmosphere of the general.

User 406

Banned

Wow, that is a pretty broad and detailed explanation of the minutia of Connecticut's politics. Great post, thanks Ivy.

WHERE THE EAST COAST AT

and some of us are on the east coast but clearly don't give a shit about sleeping

WHERE THE WEST COAST AT

WEST COAST BEST COAST WOOOO I miss the east coast

WHERE THE MIDWEST AT

Fuck all y'all coasts, flyover country is where it's at. I think it's going to be a sweep on both sides.

WHERE THE NORTH COAST AT

and some poor bastards among us are on the north coast

or were. i don't miss cleveland

WHERE THE HOOD WHERE THE HOOD WHERE THE HOOD AT
HAD OUTLIERS IN A POLL WHERE THE MOE AT
OH THEM PUNDITS ACTIN UP WHERE THE WOLF AT
YOU BETTER SOURCE THAT IF YOU GON POST THAT

Gattsu25

Banned
I've been in the tech industry for over 15 years and I've never been asked to sign a non-compete (I would refuse, they are bullshit). Several companies have required non-recruitment agreements (can't recruit anyone at the company for a year after leaving). Thing about non-recruits are they are toothless anyways, they don't stop someone from coming to you and it's basically impossible to prove.

I think non-competes are more prevalent for executive level positions, though. Engineers are interchangeable cogs as far as the industry at large is concerned.
By contrast, every contract I have signed in the tech sector has included a 24 month non-compete clause.

Amir0x

Banned
Yay Pennsylvania, I get to do my part! Not that this wasn't over months ago, but I'll be glad to participate anyway.

I can't wait to sit back now and just watch the nuttiness of the Republican primary season unabated.

A Sanders voter on facebook put up a post that was like 'How can anyone like Hillary?' so I responded. I also said 'I hope you stay engaged if Sanders doesn't clinch the nomination' and got the response 'I will stay engaged when Sanders is elected President!'

I backed right out of that conversation.

Y2Kev

A Sanders voter on facebook put up a post that was like 'How can anyone like Hillary?' so I responded. I also said 'I hope you stay engaged if Sanders doesn't clinch the nomination' and got the response 'I will stay engaged when Sanders is elected President!'

I backed right out of that conversation.
"Voter"

I love how (according to this conspiracy) the Holy Roman Empire went through decades of work faking 300 years worth of history, just to claim that they were founded in the year 1000 AD. Who gives a fuck? I wouldn't go through this much trouble for... anything. Let alone just being able to say "yeah, we started this state in AD 1000."

What an outlandish conspiracy theory considering how limited the motivation is.

The Holy Roman Empire invented Islam just to claim that they founded in AD 1000.

This is funny. Why would the HRE and the Byzantines work together to make it look like they were founded in AD 1000 when they both claimed to be direct continuations of the Roman Empire?

Wow, that is a pretty broad and detailed explanation of the minutia of Connecticut's politics. Great post, thanks Ivy.

WHERE THE EAST COAST AT

WHERE THE WEST COAST AT

WHERE THE MIDWEST AT

WHERE THE NORTH COAST AT

WHERE THE HOOD WHERE THE HOOD WHERE THE HOOD AT
HAD OUTLIERS IN A POLL WHERE THE MOE AT
OH THEM PUNDITS ACTIN UP WHERE THE WOLF AT
YOU BETTER SOURCE THAT IF YOU GON POST THAT

name dropping Wolf = automatic loss

i understood the reference

PBY

Banned
At what time do we have the privilege of waiting 15-20 more minutes and then freaking out over exits polls?

royalan

Welp! Time to pay my penance to the Queen!

I'll be interested to see how my voting ward goes. I live in a traditionally black part of the city, but hipsters have been moving in in droves lately. The gentrification is real.

And god I wish the Senate race wasn't such a damn mess.

DynamicG

Does anyone know anything about Facebook stifling the democracy of Sanders supporters? Apparently Mark Zuckerberg in conjunction with the Clinton campaign are apparently (allegedly) taking down facebook groups associated with Bernie.

I engaged and asked what a private corporation has to do with democracy and got conspiracy stuff.

Effect

Casted my vote of Hillary this morning in Pennsylvania. Mom did as well. Learned last night my sister was voting for Bernie which was a surprise. Not completely as she is younger then me but that we usually see eye to eye on a LOT of things. Then when I really thought about it we never really talked about the election this year unlike we did during the past two with Obama. She went this morning as well with us. Dad won't be able to vote until this afternoon and pretty sure I have him voting Hillary. Good thing our polling location is rarely crowded as it's in a rural area and the workers are usually good about getting things to flow well. Only issue I ran into was with my grandmother. Her party was switched to republican for some reason. So going to have to get that fixed. She was pretty annoyed by it. Helped her with some of the local sections though and left the presidential stuff blank.

I tend to check everyone's registration status from time to time due to stuff like this and I forgot to check hers.

Welp! Time to pay my penance to the Queen!

I'll be interested to see how my voting ward goes. I live in a traditionally black part of the city, but hipsters have been moving in in droves lately. The gentrification is real.

And god I wish the Senate race wasn't such a damn mess.

Sorry to hear that. Gentrification is a serious issue that needs to be addressed in this country, and we don't hear enough about it.

royalan

Sorry to hear that. Gentrification is a serious issue that needs to be addressed in this country, and we don't hear enough about it.

Yeah, my neighborhood is becoming the new college haven. TWO coffee shops have opened up within 2 blocks of me in the last six months, it's crazy. Landlords are raising rent because they know they can. Luckily I can afford it, but a lot of people who live here can't. And cost of living in Philly is already higher than it should be. It's sad.

Yeah, my neighborhood is becoming the new college haven. TWO coffee shops have opened up within 2 blocks of me in the last six months, it's crazy. Landlords are raising rent because they know they can. Luckily I can afford it, but a lot of people who live here can't. And cost of living in Philly is already higher than it should be. It's sad.

:(

I used to be waaaaay anti gentrification but I've recently read 2 pieces that sort of gave me a more nuanced view of it - that said I don't remember what those were although they were fairly convincing. I need to go find those.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...re_and_not_as_bad_for_the_poor_as_people.html
I think this was one of them

There are pros and cons to it, but no good compromises at this point, IMO.

thefro

Kinda worried about Dems crossing over in Indiana to stop Trump after my mom's comments last night to me. She voted early for Hilldawg but was worried that she should have voted to stop Trump after hearing that Bobby Knight was endorsing him and that Kasich/Cruz had made an alliance.

538 podcast just calling out those Bernie exit poll graphs lmao. Why bother.

Nate Dawg was so saucy. I loled at them making fun of ARG at the beginning with the fake jingle.

User 406

Banned
Thing is, we want more integrated neighborhoods, but gentrification just ends up pushing people out and ultimately reducing diversity. Not sure what the solution is.

It's funny, the house we're in now was built as a gentrification attempt. They built it in 2006 as one of a few slick new developments in the neighborhood aimed at the short commute white collar set, but then the housing crash hit and they just plummeted from six figures down to mid five figures. We lived two streets over, and we were looking for a new place since our son was getting bigger, and we didn't want to go suburbs or lose access to our son's school, so having a nice new construction home for an effective pittance in the same neighborhood was a real stroke of luck. Thanks, failed gentrification!

They have been making other improvements and developments around here though, so who knows what the future holds.

Y2Kev

Katherine Duncan, 30, of West Hartford, Conn., is holding out hope that Mr. Sanders will win, citing personal reasons. A career coach, she has more than $130,000 in student debt after getting her bachelor’s in communications and her master’s in public relations.

“It’s just so overwhelming I don’t know where to start,” Ms. Duncan said. “It makes me have trouble sleeping at night. It’s changing the course of my life in some ways, because I can’t do things I want to do because I want to pay that debt off.”
How much does a career coach make?

HylianTom

Banned
re: gentrification

It seems like we see a new wave of gentrification and central infill after each gas price spike. People of financial means - those most able to tolerate the higher cost of commuting from the suburbs - move inward, while poorer classes - the folks less able to cope with higher fuel costs - are displaced outward.

Fuel prices are pretty low right now, but this isn't going to last forever.

Valhelm

contribute something
Does anyone know anything about Facebook stifling the democracy of Sanders supporters? Apparently Mark Zuckerberg in conjunction with the Clinton campaign are apparently (allegedly) taking down facebook groups associated with Bernie.

I engaged and asked what a private corporation has to do with democracy and got conspiracy stuff.

I'm 95% sure it's just the efforts of some Clinton-supporting assholes

As a white New Yorker I have no idea how I fight gentrification because I tend to be a part of it by my presence.

Well I guess I don't really partake in the yoga studios, organic grocery stores and all that. I like dive bars, bodegas and local shops. Still hard not to feel like I'm sometimes a part of the problem.

I wonder if some genius at SandersForPresident came up with the idea of "facebanking" and all those pages got shut down for spamming the shit out of people.

I'm sure the real reason is something much more mundane, but that would certainly provide me amusement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom