• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I don't know how to phrase this question that I've been trying to ask all morning... Does voter turnout get depressed when a candidate emerges as the most likely victor? As a guy who knew Bernie was going to destroy Hillary in Idaho, I didn't bother showing up. Are those of you in states that have yet to vote still fired up for Hillary of Bernie like you were at the beginning of all of this, or are you at a point where it feels like your vote doesn't matter too much this late in the game?

I guess I'm curious about the states that vote today. If you're a Bernie supporter who sees the writing on the wall, do you stay home, or do you still go out and vote? Are there any articles on this? I have this gut instinct that Hillary will overperform due to decreased enthusiasm from Bernie people, but I don't know if that has any grounding in reality.

I don't know how to phrase this question that I've been trying to ask all morning... Does voter turnout get depressed when a candidate emerges as the most likely victor? As a guy who knew Bernie was going to destroy Hillary in Idaho, I didn't bother showing up. Are those of you in states that have yet to vote still fired up for Hillary of Bernie like you were at the beginning of all of this, or are you at a point where it feels like your vote doesn't matter too much this late in the game?

I guess I'm curious about the states that vote today. If you're a Bernie supporter who sees the writing on the wall, do you stay home, or do you still go out and vote? Are there any articles on this? I have this gut instinct that Hillary will overperform due to decreased enthusiasm from Bernie people, but I don't know if that has any grounding in reality.

You should always show up to ensure that politicians pay attention to what your demographic want. *Always*. For every election, not just the Presidential one.

Crocodile

From Nate Cohn's twitter

Cg_JZ6UWIAIWsoC.jpg

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out

STOP VOTING FOR HILLARY.

CRAP, Hillary is winning in Providence, and overall by exactly 2.5 million votes. CRAP.
Trump and Hillary would be one of the worst elections in the history of America.
She's too polarizing for a general election. REALIZE THIS PEOPLE.
2,500,000 votes... :(
LOL ARG

MD

Clinton 50
Sanders 44
I know it doesn't matter yet, but these Sanders numbers are scaring the shit out of me.

I want Hillary to be over. Done. Please, let it be done in CA. Don't these people realize how awful she is for the Democratic party?!

Is it fair to say that with a couple of exceptions, the Democrats primary results have mirrored the polling?

I'm wondering if that's enough to dissuade the people I know who might be flirting with the fraud stuff.

Captain Pants

You should always show up to ensure that politicians pay attention to what your demographic want. *Always*. For every election, not just the Presidential one.

I always vote in local elections and Presidential elections. I just couldn't bring myself to go to the Idaho caucus. Not only was it a blowout, it was a crowded disorganized mess that ran very late on a weeknight.

Is it fair to say that with a couple of exceptions, the Democrats primary results have mirrored the polling?

I'm wondering if that's enough to dissuade the people I know who might be flirting with the fraud stuff.

I'd say so. With the exception of Michigan, I believe the poll averages have been fantastically accurate this season.

Like ivysaur said, I just want it to be over... that she-demon has no place being in the White House. If she is nominated, I will NOT be voting for her.

I clicked on one of those Ivysaur links and found the above post. What a difference 8 years makes eh?

I think people who are seriously alleging election fraud are beyond the realm of logical argument. It's worth a shot, but if they've become so invested in Bernie that they're willing to discount every unfavorable result and trump up small victories as indicative of massive support, poll numbers aren't going to change their minds.

Havoc2049

hilariously, you have shown that gentrification pushed out the white people in San Francisco. So much for racist gentrification.

With the crazy high cost of real estate and high taxes, the only color that maters in the city of San Francisco and in the greater metropolitan area is the color of money. ;-)

Sorry for budding-in on your conversation. :)

I think people who are seriously alleging election fraud are beyond the realm of logical argument. It's worth a shot, but if they've become so invested in Bernie that they're willing to discount every unfavorable result and trump up small victories as indicative of massive support, poll numbers aren't going to change their minds.

I want it in my pocket in case a conversation goes that way.

Hillary, channel the spirit of the Iron Lady for a bit and crush these unions when you're president.

Cg6m1XxWYAE1dJ8.jpg:large

It's positively mind-boggling that such a letter was vetted through multiple channels and no one thought to say "guys, are we going to come across as the most insensitive assholes in the world if we publish this?" The lack of self-awareness on display is staggering.

Benchmark Politics ‏@benchmarkpol 19m19 minutes ago

Benchmark Politics Retweeted Ian Coggins

Philly's whiter neighborhoods seeing good turnout. We expect these to go to Sanders - low income whites generally.

NeoXChaos

I clicked on one of those Ivysaur links and found the above post. What a difference 8 years makes eh?

compared with today:

Yay Pennsylvania, I get to do my part! Not that this wasn't over months ago, but I'll be glad to participate anyway.

I can't wait to sit back now and just watch the nuttiness of the Republican primary season unabated.

absolutely

==

JordanVerified account
‏@JordanChariton
Significant rain in RI: problem 4 Brown Univ students, whose polling place was moved from on-campus 2 local temple..30 min walk #RIPrimary

FRAUD

Ophelion

I skipped voting, but it's because I live in Washington state and I didn't feel like going to a caucus just to get browbeat by a mob of idiots. One of my Bernie supporter room mates described the proceedings at our district with a kind of religious ecstacy pervading the satisfaction he was reliving when talking about how they shouted down the local Clinton supporters. Dodged a bullet on that one. No fucking thank you. Not when I knew Sanders would win Washington anyway and Clinton will ultimately win the race on top of that. Instead, I stayed home and watched fighting game tournaments and ate terrible west coast pizza (or so you all keep telling me.)

If I had even a sliver of a doubt as to whether or not this state was in contest, either for the primary or the general, I'm sure I'd be much more motivated. Also, if the race was closer I would've gone out to die on that hill for that Hill. Thankfully, Establishment perks include me not having to sully my hands with that garbage. Obviously, I'll still vote in the general for downticket though. They send me that shit in the mail. I can watch Street Fighter and vote! That's what True America looks like, boys and girls. Easy and gloriously lazy comfortable.

Yeah, I mean, trying to shame people for how they posted in the past, after they've admitted they were wrong, is probably not the best way to entice people to post more.

Captain Pants

I skipped voting, but it's because I live in Washington state and I didn't feel like going to a caucus just to get browbeat by a mob of idiots. One of my Bernie supporter room mates described the proceedings at our district with a kind of religious ecstacy pervading the satisfaction he was reliving when talking about how they shouted down the local Clinton supporters. Dodged a bullet on that one. No fucking thank you. Not when I knew Sanders would win Washington anyway and Clinton will ultimately win the race on top of that. Instead, I stayed home and watched fighting game tournaments and ate terrible west coast pizza (or so you all keep telling me.)

If I had even a sliver of a doubt as to whether or not this state was in contest, either for the primary or the general, I'm sure I'd be much more motivated. Also, if the race was closer I would've gone out to die on that hill for that Hill. Thankfully, Establishment perks include me not having to sully my hands with that garbage. Obviously, I'll still vote in the general for downticket though. They send me that shit in the mail. I can watch Street Fighter and vote! That's what True America looks like, boys and girls. Easy and gloriously lazy comfortable.

That's exactly where I was at with the Idaho caucus. So many of my friends would have been the people on the other side shouting me down, and I honestly don't want anything to do with that. I stayed home, got drunk, played FTL and read PoliGAF.

NeoXChaos

Yeah, I mean, trying to shame people for how they posted in the past, after they've admitted they were wrong, is probably not the best way to entice people to post more.

yeah. It does however give incite to how Neogaf was feeling during the last contested primary + how views have changed as we all have aged.

Except for Tom who was harping the Supreme Court since day 1

Rhode Island is pretty much a coin flip at this point with not much good info, but I'm going to predict Clintonwallofwinning2.gif

Oh yeah, and a Trump sweep.

yeah. It does however give incite to how Neogaf was feeling during the last contested primary + how views have changed as we all have aged.

Except for Tom who was harping the Supreme Court since day 1

Yeah, I mean, I do appreciate the flip in opinions on Hillary, and even cooler, the change in the acceptance of gendered insults on this site. But, I mean, if we're gonna do this, we could at least anonymize the posts.

I didn't post on GAF, and especially OT much until like a few years ago. I think you may find me in the election night threads but that's about it.

And it's probably just me explaining how the electoral college works to foreigners. lol

OmniOne

Unlike precedent, Jane Sanders says they will not release any more tax returns prior to 2014, because Hillary won't release her private speaking transcripts, which is not precedent.

wut

I didn't post on GAF, and especially OT much until like a few years ago. I think you may find me in the election night threads but that's about it.

And it's probably just me explaining how the electoral college works to foreigners. lol

yep, I don't think I posted all that much on OT until 2012

"Yes, Romney won Alabama like he was always going to. Yes, he's ahead in votes. No, you need to stop worrying and wait until the west coast closes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom