• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkitty

I have to think it's a health reason if he's willing to quit under Hillary and allow Democrats even more control over the Supreme Court. Or he's bored and wants to play more 3ds.

Pokemon Sun and Moon is coming out a week after the election.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I have to think it's a health reason if he's willing to quit under Hillary and allow Democrats even more control over the Supreme Court. Or he's bored and wants to play more 3ds.
I'd imagine he's severely weakened now that Scalia's All Spark has been extinguished. They were intrinsically linked, after all.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If the republicans go through with dumping Trump and replacing him with Scott Walker, I'm going to go through the roof.

I still say Romney is the most likely replacement, as Walker already technically lost this time around.

I think that deserves its own post in OT.

Also shows how bankrupt Jill Stien is. Here's a chance to make actual change, and they're worried about a third party thats never had to bother with governing.

Honestly, this article comes across as something of a nothingburger. It doesn't quote anybody or even suggest anything in the way of sources beyond speculation from "court watchers." And the Washington Examiner isn't exactly the Washington Post. I'd wait on an OT thread until there's something more substantial and from a better source.

As for Jill Stein, the Green Party is so focused on getting 5% of the vote for federal funding purposes that they're willing to ignore the effects it would have on their agenda. That's been the case for a long time.

TyrantII

EXCUCE ME JILL STEIN HAS THREE YEARS EXPERIENCE BEING IN A TOWN HALL

And passed a terrible campaign finance law; which is the source of her vendetta once it was repealed.

It's sad when you look at it. If she didn't go off the deep end feeling scorned Massachusetts might have had two Warrens.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm generally a fan of Howard Dean's tenure as DNC chair and the 50-state strategy. Investing in every state makes sense for the long-term health of the party as well as for the purposes of taking advantage of unexpected opportunities. Under Dean's leadership the Democrats were picking up seats in places like Idaho when Republicans stumbled there.

Ultimately I don't see a conflict between the 50-state strategy and prioritizing the most important races. The first is a matter of strategy and the second is a matter of tactics. Both are important.
I like the cut of your jib.

They have conservative sources, it's not a leap to believe this report.
"according to court watchers"

I can also watch the court and guess that an old man might be thinking about retirement.

ampere

The thought of Clarence Thomas retiring makes me drool.

DROOL.

giphy.gif

I'm generally a fan of Howard Dean's tenure as DNC chair and the 50-state strategy. Investing in every state makes sense for the long-term health of the party as well as for the purposes of taking advantage of unexpected opportunities. Under Dean's leadership the Democrats were picking up seats in places like Idaho when Republicans stumbled there.

Ultimately I don't see a conflict between the 50-state strategy and prioritizing the most important races. The first is a matter of strategy and the second is a matter of tactics. Both are important.

It's also good to start now and then when we hopefully knock out gerrymandering with a Supreme Court decision we'll have a better campaigning foundation to retake the House.

So, obviously, I'm not trying to read too much into anything...BUT

Warren is all over Queen's social media. Facebook, Twitter, etc. She's the only other person on the radar anywhere at the moment. I find that interesting. Not sure if it means anything, but I still feel that Warren pick would cement the Bernie supporters we've got and make it a damn sight harder for the others to still be upset about whatever FRAUD is happening at the moment.

On the flip side, if a pick like Becerra would increase turnout among Latino voters....I'm fine with that too. If we could get a higher turnout in, say, Arizona, we could flip that puppy blue. While we may not need it this year, any state the GOP has to play defense of in 2020 is a good thing.

Edit: Bernie is still getting Secret Service protection, isn't he?

ClLY2xuWgAEo2Wr.jpg

(The scale of this graph is dumb.)

Frankly I think it's noble of Trump to offer to be a control factor candidate and determine the minimum number of votes a party nominee receives without ever running. From this we'll be able to derive how much money must be spent per additional percentage point in the polls. It's really a public service from him.

Frankly I think it's noble of Trump to offer to be a control factor candidate and determine the minimum number of votes a party nominee receives without ever running. From this we'll be able to derive how much money must be spent per additional percentage point in the polls. It's really a public service from him.

It really is going to be a good thing for PoliSci in some ways.

Only problem will be untangling the "didn't run a real campaign" effects from the "reminded a bunch of people of Hitler and wanted to destroy the global economy and might start a nuclear war" effects.

What I think ends up happening is this.

Hillary picks Warren as VP as proof of a commitment to a progressive platform and an olivebranch to the progressive wing

She fires DWS as DNC head and replaces her with someone else.

She forces a couple state parties to change their registration dates

Those will be the things spun as Bernie influencing the platform. She wouldn't have picked someone like Warren if it wasn't for him, and a new head of the DNC will be a moral victory to his supporters. Same with the registration dates.

Superdelegates will stay because of Trump. And I 100% guarantee the RNC will add them the day after the election. Open primaries everywhere won't happen either.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not Trump is talking about starting racial profiling in the U.S.

Every time he opens his mouth it gets worse and worse.

Holmes

So, obviously, I'm not trying to read too much into anything...BUT

Warren is all over Queen's social media. Facebook, Twitter, etc. She's the only other person on the radar anywhere at the moment. I find that interesting. Not sure if it means anything, but I still feel that Warren pick would cement the Bernie supporters we've got and make it a damn sight harder for the others to still be upset about whatever FRAUD is happening at the moment.
I've noticed this. The campaign also uploaded Warren's speech she gave at the Brooklyn HQ on Twitter. It honestly sounded like a running mate speech. Talked about what's at stake in this election (money in politics, women's right to choose, Supreme Court), used similar vocabulary that Clinton has when she was attacking Trump and praising Clinton (she's a fighter, we need steady hands), and ended it with a positive vision for the future and how we're so close to making history.

I was not completely on the Warren hype train but her as Hillarys running mate would make Bernie even more irrelevant and that thought makes me so happy.

Halperin is an idiot. Seriously. Jesus, what a moran. Can I go on the teevee, spew bull shit and get paid $$$$

Where I get on that gravy train!?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The national archives has sample historical petitions. They also have a screen showing you current petitions circulating online. One of them is to count California provisional ballots and another is to review Hillary's emails before the dnc. Lololololol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Halperin is an idiot. Seriously. Jesus, what a moran. Can I go on the teevee, spew bull shit and get paid $$$$

Where I get on that gravy train!?

No idea, but I want in on that too. Maybe we need to write horrible Op-eds for a few months first?

Donald Trump: Too gun-happy for the NRA

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/19/politics/donald-trump-chris-cox-nra-orlando-shooting/index.html

Washington (CNN)Top National Rifle Association officials split Sunday with Donald Trump's position that armed club-goers are a good idea.

"I don't think you should have firearms where people are drinking," said Wayne LaPierre, the NRA's chief executive officer said on CBS' "Face the Nation." "But I will tell you this. Everybody, every American starts to have -- needs to start having a security plan. We need to be able to protect ourselves, because they're coming. And they're going for vulnerable spots, and this country needs to realize it."

NRA lobbyist Chris Cox told ABC's "This Week": "No one thinks that people should go into a nightclub drinking and carrying firearms. That defies commonsense. It also defies the law. It's not what we're talking about here."

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Donald Trump: Too gun-happy for the NRA

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/19/politics/donald-trump-chris-cox-nra-orlando-shooting/index.html

NRA lobbyist Chris Cox told ABC's "This Week": "No one thinks that people should go into a nightclub drinking and carrying firearms. That defies commonsense. It also defies the law. It's not what we're talking about here."

Kind of a weird argument, what about mentally disabled people, people not on their meds, people on certain meds, people who make threats, people who are on terrorist watchlists?

Also, I thought the NRA believes the way to make a place safe is to have guns, wouldn't his argument favor making clubs less secure?

Valhelm

contribute something
I think that deserves its own post in OT.

Also shows how bankrupt Jill Stien is. Here's a chance to make actual change, and they're worried about a third party thats never had to bother with governing.

If a third party gets 5% of the popular vote, they're entitled to $10 million in federal funding per year

Or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom