• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApharmdX

Banned
I love Hilary, but fuck are they sloppy when it's comes the perception of impropriety. You've been running for president for a long ass time now and your husband was a President for 8 years, stay out of trouble! How hard it can be?

You know the GOP are looking for anything than can be used against you.

Don't give some dude who donated to your foundation security clearance
Don't use private emails, I don't give a rat's ass how convenient it is.
Don't let Bill meet with attorney general when the FBI is investigating you.

Seriously, learn from your former boss! If Obama had forgotten to wash his hands after going to the bathroom he would have been impeached!

Yeah, it boggles the mind how the Clintons continually make these kind of fuckups. The the security panel thing was just incredibly stupid for someone who wants to be president to involve herself in. And while I doubt the FBI has enough evidence to indict, shit, the whole email scandal was totally, 100% unnecessary, and could have been avoided by following policy and best practices.

I hope Hillary can keep her nose clean as president. She should learn from what marred Bill's presidency. I'm concerned that she hasn't.

The new Gravis poll that has Trump up by 4 in Florida has some of the greatest numbers I've ever seen.

Queen gets 20% of Tea Partiers, the two split the Hispanic vote and then you get these religious numbers:

No7MiY6.png

Good, more polls like these please.

Diablos

This is why people need to ease up on the panic. Trump is still an atrocious candidate and his campaign is still a farce. Por favor.
True, but that doesn't mean Democrats should take liberties with being not so cautious in their messaging and optics on sensitive matters. It's just fucking dumb.

This is why people need to ease up on the panic. Trump is still an atrocious candidate and his campaign is still a farce. Por favor.

I don't want to bank the future on the fact that GOP failed to get their shit together and have a train wreck of a year

We better hope that the first term of Clinton can basically finalize and cement in Obama's legacy, because if we're hit with a recession and everyone still hates Clinton because she keeps on doing stupid shit like this and is surrounded by people who do stupid shit then 2020 is going to be a cake walk for the GOP to take back the White House, and considering the state of the midterms, 2020 could be a year where we have the GOP in full control of Congress and POTUS.

Seriously, how fucking hard is it to think "hmmm, you know maybe I shouldn't have a private meeting in a private jet with the AG who is currently going to decide whether or not to indict my wife who is currently running to be POTUS."

We better hope that the first term of Clinton can basically finalize and cement in Obama's legacy, because if we're hit with a recession and everyone still hates Clinton because she keeps on doing stupid shit like this and is surrounded by people who do stupid shit then 2020 is going to be a cake walk for the GOP to take back the White House, and considering the state of the midterms, 2020 could be a year where we have the GOP in full control of Congress and POTUS.

Very true. A recession, a not-so-charismatic president, and a congress that is unwilling to pass stimulus is a recipe for a bad outcome in 2020. It is especially worrying given the census and its effect on redistricting that year. Still, I wouldn't trade positions with the GOP. We will probably have a durable, strong majority in the Supreme Court, we might still have the filibuster, and the GOP base isn't going anywhere. They may still want a crazy firebrand in 4 years, and reject someone viable like Haley for a Ted Cruz or a Tom Cotton. Or maybe in 4 years we'll be talking about how suicidal it was for the GOP to have tanked the women and Latino vote in favor of old white southern sexists.

Yoda

I don't want to bank the future on the fact that GOP failed to get their shit together and have a train wreck of a year

Seriously, how fucking hard is it to think "hmmm, you know maybe I shouldn't have a private meeting in a private jet with the AG who is currently going to decide whether or not to indict my wife who is currently running to be POTUS."

A light recession is going to happen during the next Presidents term. What will hand the GOP the Whitehouse if Hillary being a miserable candidate. The amount of Hubris it takes to have the AG of the United States go visit the spouse of someone who is the target of a high profile criminal investigation is surreal. HRC has a sense of superiority, you saw it with her initial response to the email, you see it in this; mark my words this won't be the last time something like this happens, she's lucky the Repubs were stupid enough to nominate Donald Trump.

The drip-drip-drip of Trump's Greatest Hits isn't going to end anytime soon. Remember that veritable warehouse of material harvested from the past few decades? We're going to get something new on him every few days all the way to November.

I seem to remember the quote from someone in the campaign was "We're going to make him wish he had never been born."

Holmes

The new Gravis poll that has Trump up by 4 in Florida has some of the greatest numbers I've ever seen.

Queen gets 20% of Tea Partiers, the two split the Hispanic vote and then you get these religious numbers:

No7MiY6.png
Either 18 of the 22 Muslims they polled picked Trump, or they pulled a number out of their ass.

I love how Bill being a shithead is still Hillary's fault.

It doesn't matter, Bill is an extension of Hillary, she knows this. Him doing stupid stuff means she has to try and downplay it, condemn it or ignore it.

Doesn't look good, doesn't help, and is easily avoided by not being a shithead.

Iolo

A light recession is going to happen during the next Presidents term. What will hand the GOP the Whitehouse if Hillary being a miserable candidate. The amount of Hubris it takes to have the AG of the United States go visit the spouse of someone who is the target of a high profile criminal investigation is surreal. HRC has a sense of superiority, you saw it with her initial response to the email, you see it in this; mark my words this won't be the last time something like this happens, she's lucky the Repubs were stupid enough to nominate Donald Trump.

What are you talking about? Bill Clinton walked from his plane over to the AG's plane on the tarmac, without her knowledge. You have this exactly backwards.

edit: sequential post, holiday weekend

teiresias

CNN been talking about the Bill/Lynch meeting for like ten minutes. Lynch having to respond to questions just keeps it in the news even more.

Thanks Bill, and thanks Lynch for being too dense to tell him to get off your airplane.

studyguy

Bad optics but honestly whatever. Not gonna diablo over some dumb conspiracy theory that will easily be blown away and forgotten about by the next bomb Trump drops. Hell, it's almost the 4th of July... I can think of all manner of stupid things he could say over the weekend based on that alone.

looking at these 270 predictions and its amazing Florida is gonna be a pretty solid win for Clinton.

Used to be a state infamous for the 2000 fuckery to GOP fucking up the presidential votes there since Obama ran in '08.

Mostly talk is about winning NC again, possibly closing the gap in AZ and GA (but probably not winning)

The main problem is the FBI taking their sweet time about this in an election year.

If you were a high ranking official in the FBI how scary could it be to come out with damning evidence against Hillary knowing that Trump is option #2.

btw I don't think the FBI finds shit.

Holmes

Pence being chosen as Trump's running mate would be pretty lol, but might give him enough of a boost in his re-election campaign to put him over the top.

studyguy

Good on that judge in Mississippi knocking out the Freedom of Religion law, shit was gross as gross gets. I can't imagine the appeal going anywhere for it either, even if it went to the 5th circuit there's no way it'd stand before SCOTUS.

Yoda

What are you talking about? Bill Clinton walked from his plane over to the AG's plane on the tarmac, without her knowledge. You have this exactly backwards.

edit: sequential post, holiday weekend

It doesn't matter who went to who; the meeting happened, it should not have happened.

Iolo

It doesn't matter who went to who; the meeting happened, it should not have happened.

I suspected that, when the central fact in your post was called into question, you would say the fact didn't matter in the first place.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/748894019208359944

Hillary campaign posted a video of some staffers buying items from the Trump Tower and asking people on the street where they think the item was made. Good little attack on the hypocrisy of Trump's "we need to make more things in America!" statements

I think being out of the country for part of May and most of June left me in this place where I still expect most Bernie supporters to be rabid as hell and for Bernie to keep talking about how he's still got this. I saw that one of the replies to that tweet was that fucking 13 minute video, so I decided to play a game of "Bernie supporter? Or not Bernie supporter." Turns out it was a Trump supporter with some mention of "political correctness" on his profile along with the words "white genocide."

Okay..

But it's also plagued by constant infighting among its leaders, infiltration by white supremacists and clashes with the site's administrators over complaints that its users game the system to make their content more visible.

Wait what? Why would white supremacists need to infiltrate a Donald Trump subreddit?

CCS

Banned
I think being out of the country for part of May and most of June left me in this place where I still expect most Bernie supporters to be rabid as hell and for Bernie to keep talking about how he's still got this. I saw that one of the replies to that tweet was that fucking 13 minute video, so I decided to play a game of "Bernie supporter? Or not Bernie supporter." Turns out it was a Trump supporter with some mention of "political correctness" on his profile along with the words "white genocide."

Okay..

Wait what? Why would white supremacists need to infiltrate a Donald Trump subreddit?

Fun fact: they removed their "No racism" rule a couple of months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom