• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

alternade

My favorite part was the subtle dig at Trump's supporters, by saying if you're voting for him it's not because of economic issues.

OMG I LOVE YOU OBAMA FUCK.

He is gonna be the hypeman for the DNC until he dies
we can upload his brain when we does tbh

Chuck Todd is a fucking disgrace.

"He's passing the baton, but he's reinforcing she's not a good politician, so this is bad news for Hillary."

Fuck you Chucky.

Ah, you are right. I for some reason had it in my mind that there were other 3+ term presidents other than FDR.
http://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendments/amendment-xxii

A few others did seek a third term. Grant ran for the Republican nomination in 1880 after having been out of the office for four years, and managed to get the most votes on the first ballot in the convention, but lost to dark horse James Garfield on the 36th ballot. Teddy Roosevelt, after failing to obtain the Republican nomination, made a third party run in 1912. He had not served two full terms, but close to it, and had served enough of a term after McKinley's death that he would have been ineligible for another term had the 22nd Amendment been in place.

Really the precedent is due more to Jefferson than to Washington, in that Jefferson was the one who made it about the idea that a president should retire after two terms and then attributed the idea to Washington. Most evidence suggests that Washington chose to retire for personal reasons, not a belief in a de facto term limit.

That's a good angle to deal with her negatives, to be honest.

If you're not pissing people off, you're not doing anything. You're just a person who hasn't fought or struggled. I like it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Chuck Todd is a fucking disgrace.

"He's passing the baton, but he's reinforcing she's not a good politician, so this is bad news for Hillary."

Fuck you Chucky.
LOL.

I guess I should go ahead and vote for Trump.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
A few others did seek a third term. Grant ran for the Republican nomination in 1880 after having been out of the office for four years, and managed to get the most votes on the first ballot in the convention, but lost to dark horse James Garfield on the 36th ballot. Teddy Roosevelt, after failing to obtain the Republican nomination, made a third party run in 1912. He had not served two full terms, but close to it, and had served enough of a term after McKinley's death that he would have been ineligible for another term had the 22nd Amendment been in place.

Really the precedent is due more to Jefferson than to Washington, in that Jefferson was the one who made it about the idea that a president should retire after two terms and then attributed the idea to Washington. Most evidence suggests that Washington chose to retire for personal reasons, not a belief in a de facto term limit.

Geeze, you are getting on Benji's level on political history knowledge ;)

Me at the moment

latest

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You guys, his Convention speech is gonna be incredible.

The Bill Clinton speech from when Obama was running was near the top of the list for me. I hope Obama exceeds that quality.

Boke1879

Having Obama as a tool really is unfair. He's just a great orator and just makes you feel good. Can't wait until Biden is out there

Paskil

Y'all better not have let me down when I actually get to watch this speech in a bit. Made it sound so good, it's probably now overhyped.

Trouble

Banned
I'm still holding out hope that Hillary nominates Obama for SCOTUS and he gets confirmed because the Dems take back the Senate.

Wilsongt

The salt from people on Facebook over this Obama speech. I need an olympic pool amout of water to dilute my blood back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom