• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackw0lf

Hehe you guys are crazy. JFK was an unbelievable speech giver, like mlk level, and died a young martyr. The hopium's getting to yall

Obama has a more progressive and transformative legacy though.

Granted this is in part to JFK dying before he could finish out his term. But in terms of legacy, very few Presidents last century live up to Obama

Valhelm

contribute something
JFK is a meme president. His impact on American history was mostly a case of right place/right time, and was pretty ineffective when you compare him to Johnson, who might be the most important American politician since WW2.

TheFatOne

man even Cenk is tired of Bernie.

Nah he's just defeated. The emails were his last hope. He would drone on and one about them every time someone brought it up. He was banking on her being indicted, and was extremely sure of the outcome. Now reality just hit him in the face.

Vahagn

JFK is a meme president. His impact on American history was mostly a case of right place/right time, and was pretty ineffective when you compare him to Johnson, who might be the most important American politician since WW2.

We've had this conversation, you're wrong.

That is all.

TheFatOne

What did he say?

Has he finally broken?

It's over, and she is the nominee. He gets if Bernie supporters want to try and keep fighting, but they have to realize it's over and that the two choices are Hilary and Trump. He says there are other options to vote, but the two major parties candidates are decided. She's the democratic nominee, but the revolution lives on.

Edit: Guy looks absolutely crushed.

pigeon

Banned
So I made some graphs!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pT1R4HQMONhHSRsNBOfD5EXE3ezzWDbce4R5WIwI7xo/edit?usp=sharing

They are pretty messy and the breakouts have a problem with the X-axis not being consistent because I can't force X-axis limits.

But they do an okay job of showing that the general shape of the race is very consistent across different pollsters, even if they have different levels of squeezing (note how tight the spread is on Rasmussen), bias, and speed of sample.

You can see that all the pollsters pretty much recorded a tightening of the race in early May, then a slow rise for Hillary towards the end of May and through June. There's some suggestion of another tightening happening very soon, so don't panic if the polls show something weird after this FBI thing, it was probably already happening.

Why hasn't anyone called out Trump on his "i've talked to X people, and they agree".

I grew up with pathological liars, dude literally ticks off all the terminology and tactics that I dealt with in my childhood, it's so easy to call him out yet nobody has done it

ampere

Listening to my local conservative radio host right now.

She's obsessed with the intent portion of the law. Instead of correlating that word choice with how the law was written at the time, she is instead straw manning that word with any other crime.

So I can commit a murder now? But if I didn't intend to murder that person I'll get off free.

Mens rea is sooooo hard for people. We went over this a while back and some people just don't care about intent when the prior issue was if it was espionage or treason!

And also you actually can get off scot-free if you kill someone with a car accidentally, which is potentially dangerous legal precedent IMO.

wait, now I have to boo, the fucking CBSN is going fuckity

EDIT: DON'T BOO, VOTE

New slogan?

It's old, Bams has used it before, but it's still so goddamn true and powerful.

Boke1879

It's over, and she is the nominee. He gets if Bernie supporters want to try and keep fighting, but they have to realize it's over and that the two choices are Hilary and Trump. He says there are other options to vote, but the two major parties candidates are decided. She's the democratic nominee, but the revolution lives on.

Edit: Guy looks absolutely crushed.

He did it all to himself. He and other Bernie supporters kept pushing a narrative that she would get indicted. The sad thing. Is they actually believed it. Even though evidence pointed otherwise.

On another note. I'm not mad at Bernie if he decided to take it to the convention. Even if it's all said and done he is a man fighting for what he believes in.

I know many here are tired of him. Hell I am as well. It's definitely time for him to smell the coffee. The one thing I'll give Bernie is that it seems he even understands the stakes. He doesn't want a Trump presidency and he's not shy about saying it. It's just that Bernie and his supporters cannon let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

I know this is a tough day for his supporters but Bernie will have to endorse Clinton even if it's tepid. That said any of his supporters that jump on the Trump train you can't blame Bernie for that.

Those are people who really never truly cared about his message. They were just voting for him because they liked the visage of a man who was outside the establishment. HIs message was just something to latch on to.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Watching the Obama speech and he mistakenly said "we have to get rid of the minimum wage" before correcting himself.

Will be interesting to see how Hillary responds to this:

AP FACT CHECK: Clinton Email Claims Collapse Under FBI Probe

I didn't read the whole thing, just the beginning, but it's seems like they didn't listen to everything that was said. While they found other work related emails, they did not find any maleficence in the way her lawyers parsed through the emails to differentiate between personal and work related emails. So Hillary had no reason to believe that they did not turn in all her work related emails. So as far as that aspect goes, her claim doesn't really fall apart. As far as she was aware, everything was turned in.

Did you know that Trump talks to legal scholars all the time?

I can really picture Trump watching the briefing with a huge grin on his face and then suddenly turning white at the conclusion. I sure he honestly thought there was going to be an indictment.

I wonder if Trump could name 3 legal scholars.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hillaryis44, while likely being ran by someone trying to start shit, never actually put a face to the ramblings.

Wilsongt

Can we make this thing?

giphy.gif

Paskil

Pretty good speech by Obama. Best moment was the most qualified in our history, man or woman, line. He did a pretty good job of selling her. She needs surrogates out there talking about how positively she has been viewed while in office, talking about how relentless she has been when it 'doesn't matter', how she keeps pushing on and working, no matter what bullshit is shoveled on her or thrown her way. Hillary needs surrogates out there upselling the shit out if her. I think her favorability numbers can increase a lot and I think she can win in a landslide. Hillary is the political equivalent of a Terminator.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
While Trump didn't say it. Someone in one of these threads said it's only a matter of time before that word made an appearance in regards to Hillary.

Hmmmm not sure he'll go there, even by accident. Maybe behind closed doors, but not in public.

I can totally see him saying something publicly along the lines of she should "go back to where she belongs" or she should "know her place" or something.

So I made some graphs!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pT1R4HQMONhHSRsNBOfD5EXE3ezzWDbce4R5WIwI7xo/edit?usp=sharing

They are pretty messy and the breakouts have a problem with the X-axis not being consistent because I can't force X-axis limits.

But they do an okay job of showing that the general shape of the race is very consistent across different pollsters, even if they have different levels of squeezing (note how tight the spread is on Rasmussen), bias, and speed of sample.

You can see that all the pollsters pretty much recorded a tightening of the race in early May, then a slow rise for Hillary towards the end of May and through June. There's some suggestion of another tightening happening very soon, so don't panic if the polls show something weird after this FBI thing, it was probably already happening.

Was Obama consistently leading in 2012 or did romney have a lot more polls where he was ahead. I remember the polling average usually having obama up but I remember more where Romney was ahead

Ophelion

Pretty good speech by Obama. Best moment was the most qualified in our history, man or woman, line. He did a pretty good job of selling her. She needs surrogates out there talking about how positively she has been viewed while in office, talking about how relentless she has been when it 'doesn't matter', how she keeps pushing on and working, no matter what bullshit is shoveled on her or thrown her way. Hillary needs surrogates out there upselling the shit out if her. I think her favorability numbers can increase a lot and I think she can win in a landslide. Hillary is the political equivalent of a Terminator.

As in "Listen, and understand! That Clinton is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until the GOP is dead"?

kirblar

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/07/...corbyn-racism-xenophobia-greece-austerity-eu/

reading stuff like this shows IMO the leftists don't care about the poor, they care about "their poor" (which aren't that poor and instead are well-off but have missed the major gains of the last 20 years) and revenge on the elite. They'd let the third world burn if it ment the global 5% could screw over the global .01%
Revolutionaries don't come from the poor. They come from the upper-middle+ class, because they have the time/money to actually waste their time on that shit.
Was Obama consistently leading in 2012 or did romney have a lot more polls where he was ahead. I remember the polling average usually having obama up but I remember more where Romney was ahead
He was always ahead after the conventions if you ignored Karl Rove math polls.

Paskil

As in "Listen, and understand! That Clinton is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until the GOP is dead"?

Eh, I wasn't going with the complete package in my comparison. More so that she is relentless and nothing will prevent her from achieving her goal. She does not stop. I suppose a Terminator wasn't the best choice, given the whole terminating thing, lol.

pigeon

Banned

I don't have info by individual polls handy, but I recall that until September Romney basically never led in any polls.

"Most politicized justice department ever" lol.

Dude didn't fire US Attorneys for political reasons and let the FBI literally just shit all over clinton this morning.

I'm always amazed how the GOP got away with the Bush era Justice department not being a bigger stain on his legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom