• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

oh come on, you guys know OT hates Pop-GAF talk, and PoliGAF has been copying that style more and more often lately

I disagree. Maybe in the community thread. But I've seen very intelligent, thoughtful posts get dismissed as "Oh, PoliGAF/HillaryGAF shit" in OT. Especially lately.

I don't want to continue this discussion too far. Just an observation I've had for minute.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, shit my dad says got a tv show out of it, worth a try.
1h
Alex Seitz-Wald‏ @aseitzwald
Sanders backer Ben Jealous: “Now let’s put in place a president that can actually deliver on this and lets make sure that SHE does."

Unity! Itshappening.gif

if I was that shirt I'd Ben Jealous too! wait that's not the joke. *rummages through notes*

You know what's absolutely, nails on a chalkboard driving me crazy? This idea that's popping up that things like the public option, debt free college, etc are all because Bernard graced the party with his presence.

No. These things have been part of Hillary's platform for a while. Is it petty that it bugs me? Yes. Probably. But, come on, she can't even get credit for anything in some people's eyes. It doesn't matter. I know. It helps with party unity. Whatever. I agree. It's still annoying when I see people on Twitter and Gaf and wherever laud the fact that she's essentially embracing her own freaking platform!

Apparently this wins elections for Conservatives.

I mean, Conservatives believe Angel's are real and Obama was born in Kenya. Imagination is their strongest trait.

You know what's absolutely, nails on a chalkboard driving me crazy? This idea that's popping up that things like the public option, debt free college, etc are all because Bernard graced the party with his presence.

No. These things have been part of Hillary's platform for a while. Is it petty that it bugs me? Yes. Probably. But, come on, she can't even get credit for anything in some people's eyes. It doesn't matter. I know. It helps with party unity. Whatever. I agree. It's still annoying when I see people on Twitter and Gaf and wherever laud the fact that she's essentially embracing her own freaking platform!

Hillary had backed away from a lot of her more liberal policy proposals, and I believe her 2008 run lacked all mention of things like Debt Free College and the Public Option. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Bernie forced her to really campaign on those issues, and embrace her desire for more Liberal policy.

thcsquad

What was worse was some news outlet mentioned language against police brutality against blacks as a win for the Sanders folks on the party platform. You know, the thing that's been part of her platform since before Bernie was running, that was a focal point of her very first public appearance of her campaign.

What was worse was some news outlet mentioned language against police brutality against blacks as a win for the Sanders folks on the party platform. You know, the thing that's been part of her platform since before Bernie was running, that was a focal point of her very first public appearance of her campaign.
I saw that. Pissed me off. Considering, I think, her commitment to that issue is why she did so well among people of color. It's like a sleep in the face to the work she put in to understand the complexities of the issue. However, I'm sure she doesn't mind. It's not get style to get pissy like I do.

royalan

The thing that bugs me, is that even when Hillary wins she can't win. I remember being a young Hillary supporter in 08, and watching her get raked through the coals by the media and Democrats alike when she didn't immediately concede when Obama was declared the presumptive nominee. She was demolished. And now she's the winner, and not just slightly, but by millions of votes, and yet there still seems to be this effort to put Hillary in her place.

I'm glad the primaries went long (not as long as they did, but a long primary is good). And I will credit Bernie with getting Hillary to be more open about her progressive ideals. But she is still largely running on her ideas. And all it would take to know that is a 5 minute conversation with everyone's best friend, Google.

But yeah the idea that Hillary basically had no college plan before Bernie forced it is a joke. Like, she was planning on spending what, 350 Billion on it over a few years?

The thing that bugs me, is that even when Hillary wins she can't win. I remember being a young Hillary supporter in 08, and watching her get raked through the coals by the media and Democrats alike when she didn't immediately concede when Obama was declared the presumptive nominee. She was demolished. And now she's the winner, and not just slightly, but by millions of votes, and yet there still seems to be this effort to put Hillary in her place.

I'm glad the primaries went long (not as long as they did, but a long primary is good). And I will credit Bernie with getting Hillary to be more open about her progressive ideals. But she is still largely running on her ideas. And all it would take to know that is a 5 minute conversation with everyone's best friend, Google.

I'm not going to lie. I think part of it is gender bias. There's an expectation for girls and women that they can try to win, but if they fall short, they should immediately and unequivocally be gracious and polite. I think it's doubly true if they lose to a boy. I don't know that it's a conscious bias, but it is there.

User1608

Banned
From my perspective Hillary is a flawed but very decent and qualified person. It's so easy for me to say that.

I'm just really glad her latest plans are even better sounding than before, and they were already pretty good.

ampere

Yeah the PD in Baton Rogue seem to have been arresting people all night for minor stuff

fa7f9520df6e98753603b7d943899dd197dfacfb_hq.gif

I was just re-reading that volume today. So good.

"Give me a *@#$#& break..."

From my perspective Hillary is a flawed but very decent and qualified person. It's so easy for me to say that.

I'm just really glad her latest plans are even better sounding than before, and they were already pretty good.

For damn sure. Glass houses, right. If I ran for president 10 years from now I would have a progressive platform, but people could sure find flaws in me and probably find dumb stuff I said on the internet.

CCS

Banned
The OT was pretty overwhelmingly pro Bernie, I think that's probably the simplest reason for them not liking us.

Also because they have not accepted that they must bow down to the QUEEEEEEEEEEEN

thebloo

While I understand your frustrations, I think it's great that she had to "concede" stuff she already believed in. And if this is what it takes to get people to vote for her, so be it.

Is she implying he gave himself head??

I think the intended implication was she wasn't sure if she gave him head or he jerked himself off, which is weird because you would think it would be quite memorable...

EDIT: The preceding line kind of covers it; "After that, something sexual took place, but I blocked it out of my mind".

And he said, ‘Well you might have to give a blowjob every once in a while.’ I told him I was going to have to think about this.

A senior member of the Party you are working with/for just told you point blank, that to make it as a woman you'd have to suck/fuck your way to the top. I feel like the only thing to think about is how quickly you want to sue him...

Diablos

So what's up with this General Flynn guy? He worked for Obama... I'm thinking he didn't like him if he's going to be Trump's VP. Is he really a good choice though?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So what's up with this General Flynn guy? He worked for Obama... I'm thinking he didn't like him if he's going to be Trump's VP. Is he really a good choice though?

Guy with racist tweets about how everyone should "fear Muslims?"

Uh, no. Not a good VP choice. Pence, Christie, etc. would be way better. I still think he goes Pence.

Diablos

Guy with racist tweets about how everyone should "fear Muslims?"

Uh, no. Not a good VP choice. Pence, Christie, etc. would be way better. I still think he goes Pence.
I can just hear Trump talking about him. "People, this guy used to work for Obama, okay. Now he wants to work for me. The things he's told me about his failed policies... it's gonna make your head spin, people."

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Hillary doesn't publish her ads in her official channel? Is there a separate channel that I can subscribe to? Randomly searching for YouTube videos of Hillary is a bad idea.

thcsquad

While I understand your frustrations, I think it's great that she had to "concede" stuff she already believed in. And if this is what it takes to get people to vote for her, so be it.

I don't think it's great she had to 'concede', but the fact that she is willing to let the conversation be framed that way emphasizes how effective she is. Get what you want by letting the other side take credit.

Iolo

lmao what did Romney do to get what seems to be the floor of Latino support?

Actual title of article: Trump support on par with Romney's. Also uses one poll now vs an aggregate in 2012---or maybe actual results from 2012? Who knows, it's omitted.

The Hill is clickbait, especially their Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom