• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

This is just a shitshow. I don't know how any congressional republican can watch this and not think "Wtf are we gonna do?"

I disagree, best get it out of way and not have to deal with Dukakis debate moment of being overly cerebral on an emotional issue.

Hmm, I guess I hadn't thought of it that way, but Obama always seemed to come at it from a more compassionate angle. Maybe this isn't the year for compassion, but it still feels dirty.

@TPCarney
Nice parallelism here. One says ban guns. The other says ban Muslims.

One is about banning (or making it extremely difficult to get) an object which is made to kill, and most people own because they are scared people.

The other is a racist policy of collective punishment on the basis of religion. It denies a human right.

Totally the same

Teggy

I'm glad I have you brave people to watch Trump speeches and summarize. I can't watch that junk.

Also, this pretty great:

Dem Lawmaker Said He Will Protest Moment Of Silence On House Floor

In an interview Monday, he said the moments are "obnoxious expressions of smug incompetence" and the perfect metaphor for inaction on guns in Congress. He said he plans to talk to Democratic colleagues about leaving the floor and honoring the victims in another way at the same time.

Himes said the point is not to be disruptive, but "to make the obvious moral point that silence in the face of death is not acceptable."

He's not the first Democrat to complain about the ritual. When a moment was held to honor victims of a deadly shooting rampage in San Bernardino, California, in December, several Democrats criticized it.

"We need to stand up, speak up, and take actions rather than another moment of silence," said Rep. Robin Kelly, D-Ill., in a House floor speech at the time. "It is deafening, and it is killing us."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One is about banning (or making it extremely difficult to get) an object which is made to kill, and most people own because they are scared people.

The other is a racist policy of collective punishment on the basis of religion. It denies a human right.

Totally the same

Sounds the same to me.

This is a really fascist speech...

If he doesn't lose this election by at least 10 points I am going to be so disappointed in this country.

TEMPORARY BAN is going to preempt an act which took 3 decades to come to fruition. Where two people with no discernable hatred of the US came here and had a child and that child grew up to become a hate filled piece of shit.

Maybe it's not so temporary after all. He did say until we can perfectly screen them today and we all know that's an impossible task.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I am hopeful we can at least get the assault weapons ban back during Clinton's presidency, and maybe the watchlist thing. I mean the whole watchlist idea is problematic but if we're going to be making a list of suspected terrorists anyway then hey, we may as well use the list for something.

I would like to imagine that the watchlist thing can someday lead into a more general prevention of people with impulse control issues or histories of violence from purchasing guns.

Considering how stupidly made the watchlist is in this country...this is a terrible fucking idea. There are thousands of horror stories of folks who have the same name as someone on the watchlist, or the FBI/CIA got the watchlist wrong, or etc...I'm not a fan of giving the government the ability to suspend the Constitution for people who they arbitrarily add to a government controlled watchlist. I know people who have TS clearance who were put on the watchlist because they had the same name as someone else...mind you, they continued to have TS clearance and then wasn't allowed to fly to go to a meeting for their job...at the Pentagon.

Why would you name a console after the villain organization in a Simpsons parody of James Bond

90% sure this is the thought process for the naming, to be honest.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Any summary of the Fascist stuff? I can't watch it right now, and my brother is curious as well.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh man, I tuned into this at the wrong time. Apparently you can either like gays or Muslims, not both.

EDIT: Is he reading out the instructions too? I think he is.

Farmboy

This actually makes Hillary's anti-Trump foreign policy speech look even more brilliant in hindsight. It's now impossible to look at this deplorable rhetoric without noticing how egomaniacal, uninformed and straight up fascist Trump is.

Oh man, I tuned into this at the wrong time. Apparently you can either like gays or Muslims, not both.

EDIT: Is he reading out the instructions too? I think he is.

He even mentioned people who "support islam" earlier as a negative.

He is basically arguing Islamic people are bad.

That's two groups, Mexicans and Muslims out right.

It is super scary to see in real time.

Now he's saying Muslims know who are the bad people.

Also this speech is schizophrenic. I just can't imagine how anyone can listen to him and think he's anything but an idiot...

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He even mentioned people who "support islam" earlier as a negative.

He is basically arguing Islamic people are bad.

That's two groups, Mexicans and Muslims out right.

It is super scary to see in real time.

Now he's saying Muslims know who are the bad people.

Also this speech is schizophrenic. I just can't imagine how anyone can listen to him and think he's anything but an idiot...

He's a literal nutcase. Like, literally, he's an insane person.

He's a literal nutcase. Like, literally, he's an insane person.

Most definitely.

LOL, he just said the people didn't report the San Bernandino shooters because of profiling because their lawyers told them not to.

Think about what he's saying. He thinks normal people have regular lawyers they consult with because that's how he lives.

what a buffoon.

adam nagourney ‏@adamnagourney 2m2 minutes ago
Fact checking Trump on San Bernardino: there is no evidence of people knowing what was going on with the shooters and keeping silent.

Who cares about the truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom