• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
gTOAcMT.jpg

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/times-we-need-pull-ourselves-hold-our-loved-ones-c-53086

pigeon

Banned
Another thing I've been thinking about...I wouldn't be stunned at all if republicans refuse to confirm Clinton's first SC nominee regardless of whether democrats take the senate or not. The 9th Circuit Court's recent ruling about guns in public and Obama/Hillary's rhetoric on gun control ensures this is going to be a massive battle. A liberal 5-4 tip on the SC could really do damage to NRA priorities, and I expect them to really ramp up the insanity.

Also reminds us that 2018 midterms will be ugly for democrats.

If Democrats take the Senate I think they'll have to kill the filibuster for SCOTUS appointments. They can't just leave it at 8 forever.

If Democrats somehow don't take the Senate I have no idea what happens.

You can't lock him up, but it's a stretch to say he wasn't mentally ill. The key is finding a legal way to identify such people and get them the help they need. That, and a legal way to keep them from getting guns.

That's probably what the watch list needs to be converted into... as you pointed out.

I mean he was clearly nuts. But the point is that when people say we have a mental heath problem I don't think they generally mean that America is full of people who are neurotic, slightly sociopathic, have impulse control issues, have anger problems, feel alienated from their society, have no close emotional ties, etc. Most of those things are just considered, like, personal problems. I'm not sure you can diagnose these people with something from the DSM.

Basically the point is that, as somebody with a diagnosed mental disorder according to the DSM, I am arguably "mentally ill." But I'm not a mass shooting risk, and the people who are mass shooting risks aren't running around with diagnosed mental disorders. So the "mental health" argument is problematic from that perspective, to me. Something is wrong with those people but it's not something we actually identify and treat. Much like guns, it's something we just kind of accept as the way things are.

There are like 50k people total in the world that care enough about 4k and VR to want to buy a $599 console just for those two features.

Unless Scorpio is a brand new console and they were super non-committal about that.

"All Xbox One games will work on Scorpio."

But will all Scorpio games work on Xbox One?

"..."

More from PPP

OH:

Portman: 46
Strickland: 42

PA:

Toomey: 45
McGinty: 42

Sorry this was so piecemeal, they've been uploading it sporadically.

Bad news for GOP here is that 58% of the undecideds are women in PA. 62%(!) of the undecideds in OH are women.

More from PPP

OH:

PA:

Bad news for GOP here is that 58% of the undecideds are women in PA. 62%(!) of the undecideds in OH are women.
Little odd that were trailing here, but if the undecideds look good it should be gravy.

Also on the radar are FL, NC, MO, IA and IL.

More from PPP

OH:

PA:

Strickland is shit. Honestly. Ugh.

This coming from someone who plays Call of Duty? You really wanna get into this?

tumblr_inline_o3wohhX4Zu1tb0ry4_500.gif
Don't take me six minutes to defeat a baddie now does it?

I literally have no idea what the point of that sentence is. Is he praising Fox News? CNN? Slamming both?

Look, okay. He has the best words? Okay. This I promise you. The order of the words, isn't important. Okay? Because Crooked Hillary doesn't have the good words. She has low energy words.

Ya, I have no idea what his point is either..

I told myself I would take a day. But a day removed from this hate-slaughter I'm the same as everyone of these.

The NRA and gun owners have made these mass murders easier and common. This doesn't happen else where and certain peoples love of their hobby trumps the 30,000+ deaths yearly. Its disgusting.

Crazy people can't kill 49 without these guns that a fucking legal because people pretend they're not for killing.

I'm so frustrated that so many people put hobbies above lives. I just pray to god this selfishness doesn't take the lives of those I love.

I took today off and I'm now watching this Trump speech and good lord is this man a fucking moron and so many people will follow him off a cliff.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom