• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So according to this poll, Clinton can perform at the same level as Obama 08 in Pennsylvania, but with different voters. Democrats have lost their strength in the west/south west of Pennsylvania (outside of Pittsburgh), but according to this poll, are making up for it by crushing it in the Philly suburbs, where elections in Pennsylvania are generally determined. It makes sense too, the Philly suburbs are full of college educated voters, and, increasingly, minority voters (which it will be Clinton's job to get to the polls). In map form,

THDlUNS.png

Is Erie the reason the northwest corner is blue?

itschris

Effect

Western PA was much kinder to Kerry. But honestly, the demographics have changed so much that I don't think Hillary being white will help her over here.

73 dead and surely rising. Fuck. This is just awful.

Likely right.

Has President Obama issues a statement on what happen in France yet? Hillary? I know Trump once again tried to take advantage of it with his tweet.

itschris

In lighter news...

Politico: GOP Cleveland organizers beg Adelson for $6 million

Millions of dollars short and running out of time, organizers of the Republican National Convention have written an urgent request for $6 million to Las Vegas billionaire couple Sheldon and Miriam Adelson to cover the bills for next week’s festivities.

In a letter addressed to the Adelsons, obtained by POLITICO, the Cleveland 2016 Host Committee revealed the names of more than two dozen prominent corporations and individuals who have reneged on a collective $8.1 million in pledged donations.

The letter represents the most public acknowledgement to date that Donald Trump has directly cost convention organizers millions of fundraising dollars.

“Over the past couple months, negative publicity around our potential nominee resulted in a considerable number of pledges backing out from their commitments,” the letter says.

It goes on to list the companies and wealthy individuals who have withdrawn their financial commitments. Among those who have canceled their donations, according to the letter, are David Koch ($1 million), FedEx ($500,000), Visa ($100,000) and both Pepsi ($500,000) and Coca-Cola ($1 million).

The letter says the RNC has raised $58 million – putting the party $6 million below the $64 million that was promised to bring the convention to Cleveland.

They ask the Adelsons to single-handedly close the RNC’s shortfall.

“We would greatly appreciate if you would consider a $6,000,000 contribution to the Cleveland 2016 Host Committee to help us cross the finish line,” says the letter.

The letter is dated July 12. The convention begins July 18.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hilarious that Trump is pretending he hasn't decided yet.

All three potential picks come on stage with Trump. "I couldn't decide, folks. All three men have yuge resumes that will help me win the presidency. I have decided to make a reality tv show where all three will compete to obtain the VP slot."

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I can't believe they waited until a week before the convention to realize they were $6 million short. What if he says no?

I'm sure Trump has 6 million dollars, right? ;)

Effect

Yep, tomorrow at noon

That's right. If this is a game by him it will partly end tomorrow even if Trump doesn't want it to. Now it's a question of will Trump screw Pence if he isn't the pick and he pushes this past the deadline and then Pence can't even re-reun for his position.

Diablos

Fuck, Trump is already capitalizing on the tragedy to campaign against Hillary? Are you kidding me? He cannot be our next President. He's such an awful person.

Trump saying he might not do 60 minutes after what happened.

Would ask a declaration of war from Congress after O'Reilly asked him directly.

I'm not sure how well it was publicized, but the local Cleveland stations (specifically News Channel 5 which is the local ABC Affiliate) has been talking about the $6 million for a bit. They covered it last week, and mentioned it again yesterday. WKYC (the NBC Affiliate) mentioned it as well. So, it's been in the local news a bit.

He will be if something happens to Hillary. It doesn't even need to be 8 years from now. Picking a VP we need to assume something does.

Can he be a leader of the party, country, etc?

I don't think so.

Also there isn't anyone we can put on the ticket that would overshadow Hillary. Warren isn't going to do that.
To the bolded. I mean, yeah. It does. It assumes they could fulfill the actual role of President. The answer is yes. It's the only reason he's in contention. Unlike people like Warren or Booker where this seems more a peripheral concern.

To the italicized bold. She could. She would. She may have on occasion already.

Like does anyone suggesting Warren actually think she could be President and Commander-in-Chief if needed now. And not just get into twitter arguments with Trump that are superdank.

Diablos

Honestly, at this rate I'm wondering if something crazy happens on Election Day. Plenty of lone wolf types these days who want to make the world burn. Not to mention bigger threats out there too.

Boke1879

Honestly, at this rate I'm wondering if something crazy happens on Election Day. Plenty of lone wolf types these days who want to make the world burn. Not to mention bigger threats out there too.

I have no idea if you're serious or not. But man you can't be worried about everything. Enjoy life.

Kusagari

What needs to happen is Trump camp assures Pence he is the pick. Pence doesn't file for governor. Trump proceeds to change mind over the weekend and pick Newt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom