• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Here's @PaulManafort, regarding the Rules Committee proceedings:
Anti-Trump people get crushed at Rules Committee. It was never in doubt: Convention will honor will of people & nominate @realdonaldtrump.

Niiice. Working hard on party unity, I see.

Valhelm

contribute something
One is a crime and the other is an accident. Are you serious right now?

Even if we just focus on criminal deaths, over 12,000 people are murdered a year. The Orlando massacre was the biggest Islamic terrorist attack in 15 years, and the victim count is a drop in the bucket compared to the overall homicide count.

Terrorism is only considered more urgent because it's scarier.

Effect

Question about Virginia. The growth in the state is mainly in the eastern part of it right? How about the west? Is there any growth there? Is there a decline with people moving to West Virginia, Kentucky or to North Carolina?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Question about Virginia. The growth in the state is mainly in the eastern part of it right? How about the west? Is there any growth there? Is there a decline with people moving to West Virginia, Kentucky or to North Carolina?

Mostly flat. A little growth in conservative counties to the south, just not enough to counteract the DC growing over into the eastern part of the state.

Even if we just focus on criminal deaths, over 12,000 people are murdered a year. The Orlando massacre was the biggest Islamic terrorist attack in 15 years, and the victim count is a drop in the bucket compared to the overall homicide count.

Terrorism is only considered more urgent because it's scarier.
I can accept the comparison to other crimes more than driving accidents. Yeah, I agree with you. Gun crimes are a quantifiably bigger deal than terrorism.

Here's a nice map of the estimated population changes from 2010 to 2015.

2015-Population-Estimates-Map.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This election might be the most important in 50 years. Democrats have to win this. Republicans are out of their minds at this point. Nearly everything said is inflammatory and harmful to the relations with other countries.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This election might be the most important in 50 years. Democrats have to win this. Republicans are out of their minds at this point. Nearly everything said is inflammatory and harmful to the relations with other countries.

Not only that but it's harmful to our culture. He's made racism and all kinds of hate OK again for a large number of people. He needs to be smacked down and hard.

User1608

Banned
Not only that but it's harmful to our culture. He's made racism and all kinds of hate OK again for a large number of people. He needs to be smacked down and hard.
Yeah. It's fucking scary. I pray and hope the greater good and decency of people win this year.

At this point I'm pretty close to saying the party of Trump (which isn't to say the former GOP) has pretty much only one unifying ideology. And that's white supremacy.

I miss slow news days. Days when the news had to find some dumb story about a guy suing his landlord because they won't allow him to keep his pet monkey in the apartment or something.

It feels like we're not adequately prepared to deal with so much different stuff happening on every corner of the planet being broadcasted to us at lightning fast speed.

This is as important has 1860.

I don't think there is going to be a civil war but this is as foundational as the slavary crisis.

This election is about whether America is Americans or white people exclusively. The choices are that stark.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I miss slow news days. Days when the news had to find some dumb story about a guy suing his landlord because they won't allow him to keep his pet monkey in the apartment or something.

It feels like we're not adequately prepared to deal with so much different stuff happening on every corner of the planet being broadcasted to us at lightning fast speed.

Thats because we arent. Information overload is legitimate.

Why is a crime more frightening than an accident we have enshrined into our normal way of life?

Arguably the second should be more frightening.

"It's all part of the plan".jpg as the memes would say

Thats because we arent. Information overload is legitimate.

Never before has so much information been accessible to so many people who have nothing productive to do with that knowledge. It's existentially distressing to be given terrible information and news that you have no ability to impact or control whatsoever.

New Marist polls:

Colorado:

Hillary: 43
Trump: 35

Florida:

Hillary: 44
Trump: 37

North Carolina:

Trump: 38

Virginia:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/753801297665617920

But Murphy is still losing and Ross is getting dominated.

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/753802026723663872

Come on, Ross :(

Ross losing the NC Senate race by 8 points while Hillary wins NC by 6 seems... unlikely?
I really am not confident we'll win back the Senate. These GOP people have plenty of play off of opposing Trump and his policies. Voters don't want to punish the GOP.

It's amazing he's in the 30s. Hes getting only a 3rd of the voters. That's incredibly horrible for a candidate

New Marist polls:

Colorado:

Hillary: 43

Florida:

Trump: 37

North Carolina:

Trump: 38

Virginia:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/753801297665617920

But Murphy is still losing and Ross is getting dominated.

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/753802026723663872

Come on, Ross :(

Ross losing the NC Senate race by 8 points while Hillary wins NC by 6 seems... unlikely?

How are we supposed to even follow these polls when every 3 days there's some new event that makes them outdated? Post-brexit polls, post-Orlando polls, pre-convention polls, it's like the present is so fleeting that we can't even take polls seriously.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
How are we supposed to even follow these polls when every 3 days there's some new event that makes them outdated? Post-brexit polls, post-Orlando polls, pre-convention polls, it's like the present is so fleeting that we can't even take polls seriously.

Polls don't matter till Labor Day at the earliest; and more accurately October.

Effect

So those new polls were taken right right before and through the Dallas shooting and after the FBI presentation and grilling. Are they declines from the last poll or holding steady?

IL + WI + IN all seem to be likely pickups and that gets the Dems almost all the way to 50. They'd just need to flip 1 other seat, right?
Ah. Forgot about WI and Il. Don't think IN is more than a coin flip.

Also there's the possibility of a loss of NV.
I think we'll get at least 49 which I think will force one of the few moderates to occasionally flip. Especially of the party continues down the Trump path

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Agreed. I'm not reading into any polls until after a debate has taken place.

Zero attention should be paid to them until after the conventions and then any attention should only be a sideways glance out the corner of your eye.

Honestly I'm of the opinion that most of the vote is locked in by the debates anyway.

So those new polls were taken right right before and through the Dallas shooting and after the FBI presentation and grilling. Are they declines from the last poll or holding steady?

Some of those states don't have previous polls as far as I can tell. Florida showed a small change from 9 to 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom