• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

Hillary has been on point. The message she has been sending out about not demonizing Muslims is so incredibly needed and important, right now.

I had to watch Trump's speech again to really take in how awful it was. I can't believe this guy is going to be a candidate for president. I quite literally have no idea what to expect from the convention at this point. Perhaps 3 hours of Clint Eastwood directed segments chronicling the life of The Donald.

Really, I wish we could just fast forward to the first debate. It's going to be over after round 1, he cannot prep for Hildawg. I have a $50 bet with a friend that he ends up calling her a cunt or bitch at some point during the debates.

It's coming out the same week as Metroid Prime 4

What about Metroid Prime Federation Fo(u)rce? Does that count?

Adam's love of a dying console that almost no one owned reminds me of my love for the Sega Dreamcast, with the major difference being that the Dreamcast was a good console with awesome games.

Trump confidant Roger Stone suggests falsely that Clinton aide Huma Abedin may be a "Saudi spy" or "terrorist agent".

I guess this means that Anthony Weiner was really a spy for Mossad. And those dick pics were actually coded messages to send back to Tel Aviv.

55d9f675774f0.image.jpg

I'll never get tired of posting these RP pictures.

You forgot the

171.jpg

and the

6501607-morning-colors-bowl-front-view.jpg

Oh god a Red Steel game that's actually good would get me so hyped. NX launch game what up?

I never played the second one. The first one was... eh? I appreciated the effort.
The 2nd is a good game....but it's not Red Steel. It shares a name and nothing more. You can find it for cheap. It's a lot of fun. Controls are better. I love the 1st game though. Conduit 1 g 2 too

So Trump tweets a nypost story that uses the Washington Post as a source after banning the Washington Post.

You can't make this shit up.

Seems like besides having gone to the nightclub at least a dozen times before, the shooter was on Grindr.

Figure your shit out, people.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Pledging your support to both ISIS and Hezbollah is probably a hint there as well.

Not only that, but he was among the sort of dudes ISIS would rather kill than work with. It just never made any sense to me in the first place. This is actually a much clearer picture and makes far more sense.

studyguy

Pretty sure if the shooter was a self hating gay terrorist Republicans would be salivating to throw shit on that pile. Honestly if it's true it's all the more sad.

itschris

Sounds like Hillary (and Warren) gave this Huffington Post guy rabies:

I Am Currently Frothing At The Mouth With Blind, Impotent Rage

So, it looks like Hillary Clinton will be the Democratic nominee. There was some (super-slim) hope that the Democratic superdelegates might actually want to win an election and vote for the guy who can, but with Obama endorsing Clinton, that ain’t happening.

So now, I’m angry. Practically frothing at the mouth with blind, impotent rage. Impotent, naturally, because it’s very clear from the results of this election - from the process of this election, that in the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t matter what you do, American Democracy just doesn’t work.

No, what made me really angry, what made me frothing at the mouth angry, what made me yelling at random squirrels angry, was Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s endorsement of Clinton.

Especially since it would have been very easy for her to just not endorse anyone. Instead, someone who was once the “darling” of the “Sanders-Warren” wing, and someone who was my particular first choice for President, has betrayed everything we thought she stood for. Her endorsement has done nothing to convince progressives that Clinton is in any way shape or form anything but everything we’ve opposed from the moment we got in politics. All it did was lower our esteem of Sen. Warren. I don’t mind that maybe someone working three jobs and raising two kids on a G.E.D. doesn’t have time to really understand the issues at play here. But Sen. Warren should damn well know better.

studyguy

I Am Currently Frothing At The Mouth With Blind, Impotent Rage

So, our choices this year are between a corrupt shill who has conned their way into the top levels of the public psyche while doing nothing to help people along the way, who will do anything and say anything to get elected, no matter who it hurts, who refuses to think the rules apply to them and who has a complete lack of common decency, someone who perfectly embodies everything I got into politics to oppose… and Donald Trump.

lol

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the RNC right now.

Seriously.

The RNC is mostly evil but they're not stupid.

The most important thing is how this becomes an issue for the entire GOP.

He doubled down on his ban, and now the GOP either accepts it (HA) or runs away from it.

They're still in deep shit.

I legit think Trump should watch his mouth now, because the last few weeks are stirring up the "Swipe the nomination" talk again. It's always a possibility, and Trump severely misunderstands how it can feel in politics to be left out in the open. If no one will cover his back, then he's going to start looking foolish as hell.

I'm only one non-white person, but my ears perk up every time someone starts vilifying a group of people. That stuff won't play with anyone who isn't already in the white majority. I'm nervous enough to go register voters right now, honestly.

Hell, I'm white as snow in a red state, and I'm terrified. The Hitler comparison gets used for Trump a lot (rightfully, I think), but I'm starting to think a lot about the Salem witch trials. That's what Trump would bring; people knocking on doors, accusing anyone they don't like of being anti-Trump. It's fucking terrifying.

You'd think shit like this would put a lot of things into perspective. Certainly with the Presidential race. I've got some good friends who weren't even knocked out of their anti Clinton hate bubble by the events of the last two days.

Not one mention of them between their links to stories purporting to document all the terrible things the Clintons have done.

Certainly not a voter that Clinton is going to win back.

If anyone dares ask me why I prefer Clinton to Sanders in the next few days, I will point to her making common sense gun control such as universal background checks and reinstating the assault weapons ban as part of her platform, and Sanders not.

I will credit Sanders for calling for gun control yesterday, as I will any politician, even if it doesn't go as far as I'd like or even if they haven't always been on the right side of the issue in my eyes.

We can pass legal constitutional restrictions on guns that can reduce the number of mass shootings and the reduce the number of dead at the ones that still occur. I won't stop campaigning for that until we have done it.

Yes there are other things we can do, and other things we should do, and if you want to take one of those up as personal crusade, I encourage you to. But let's stop refusing to even consider whether gun control might help.

We can't bring back the dead. We can't ban a religious belief. Realistically we can't expect the constitution to get rewritten. But we can pass something like an assault rifle ban. We fucking can. We did it in 1994. It withstood every legal challenge on it. We can do it again.

If we refuse to even consider legal measures that might help based on slippery slope illogic, because it's more important that you can own an assault rifle than it is that LGBT people can go out to a fucking nightclub... you really need to take another look at why you feel that way. You really need to look at who around you is voicing such opinions. What are they trying to do? Do they have an agenda?

Seriously question the nature of anyone who agrees with you. Ask why you hold that position.

I'm super salty right now about Sanders fighting against the right to sue gun manufacturers. That right in the auto industry is why we have airbags and seatbelts, and it would lead to biometric and other safety designs in firearms. We'll never ban them outright, that's a fantasy, but we can do better.

I need to get out of the south ASAP. Some of the crazy shit that is said down here in Mississippi just makes my skin crawl.

I'm in Oxford at least, so it's not crazy here. Back home in Tupelo? Hooooly shit.

I'm a little bit depressed today because I am not sure we'll ever get meaningful gun control in the United States and, absent anybody else's great plan for resolving the alienation and anger in our society, that means mass shootings will just keep happening. All the arguments over whether people understand what guns they're banning or whether it's a Constitutional right or whether mental illness needs to be investigated are just kind of distractions from the reality that America is the only country where there are regular and consistent random mass murders. There is clearly something we could do to be a country where this doesn't happen, but whatever it is, we are unwilling to even identify what it is, much less fix the problem.

It's not super cool to raise a child in such a world. I am not sure why we have given up as a society.

It'll get done, man. If we can take the Court, then we can reduce gun violence if we just use the GOP playbook on women's health. We won't take away the 2nd Amendment; we'll just jack up waiting times to buy a gun, we'll require counseling and gun violence seminars before purchase, we'll pass insane safety requirements for buildings selling guns and people who do so that you might only have one gun store in the state, we'll tax the hell out of guns and bullets, etc...

You can totally buy a gun. But damned if we can't make it as hard as possible.

studyguy

Oh goody. Now he gets to be cast as a self-hating gay, in that we all just hate ourselves so much and we're so sad and miserable we do things like this.

Ugh.

Not long till you're an accomplice in bombing toilets Adam.
Because that's what gays do. Make toilets dangerous.

studyguy

I believe that TRUMP WANTS AN OFF RAMP story more and more as days go by. Maybe he really did want to play this up until he got knocked off the primary.

Meowster

This election is so toxic that it is making me physically sick - and the conventions haven't even happened yet. I just know it is going to get worse too..

Mael

Wait, when did Clinton handle border control?
You're telling it's her fault I get to waste 3hours at the airport or something?

I don’t mind that maybe someone working three jobs and raising two kids on a G.E.D. doesn’t have time to really understand the issues at play here. But Sen. Warren should damn well know better.

the fuck is he trying to imply here ?

We almost ended-up living right outside of Hattiesburg, but decided (for multiple reasons) that if we had to live in the South, it'd be in a liberal city. Not a day goes by where I'm glad we made this change. Some of the things you hear - especially behind closed doors - is nasty. And given that the South is where much of the GOP's power base is, it definitely influences my perception of certain political orgs/party/etc.

I had a friend visit me from Connecticut a few weeks ago. We went out one night and got into a cab to go back home, some other guys got in after us in this mini-van because we said it was alright being drunk and all. The cab driver starts making small talk with the guys in front of us and asks what they did that night. These guys, who we didn't know, just go off with the racism. "We were trying to go see this fucking n***** rapper Waka Flocka, but we couldn't get in to the party. That's fine, he's just a n***** anyways." The cabby just rolled with it and agreed with them. It was absolutely appalling. My friend and I just sat in silence in the back.

I'm in Oxford at least, so it's not crazy here. Back home in Tupelo? Hooooly shit.

Ha! I am in Oxford too. This makes me paranoid that I might know you. Though I am guessing you go to Ole Miss and I don't.

the fuck is he trying to imply here ?

I'm not sure he's trying to imply anything. Seems he's flat out saying it:

We're all poor, undereducated and not good enough to understand how amazeballs Bernie is...and we've doomed the country because we live in a society in which everyone gets to vote, not just the smart, (probably) straight and white men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom